Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemichael_ahji

Loc: HAWAII
re: about the flat cake tek........
    #562630 - 02/25/02 10:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

alohas,
-when using this tek, are pf style 1/2 pints alright? and how much 1/2 pint colonized substrate would i use? cause it looks like those are 1 pint sized colonized substrate being used.
-and when put into the terranium are the growth parameters for flat cakes the same as the regular pf style cakes, meaning the rH and temps???
-ive seen posts about doing the flat cake tek and then cutting them up into slightly smaller sections for better yeilds/growth. if this is true, then how would i go about doing this? how big of pieces to cut?
thanks everyone peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: re: about the flat cake tek........ [Re: michael_ahji]
    #562764 - 02/26/02 12:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>-when using this tek, are pf style 1/2 pints alright?
yes. i will never understand why so many ppl ask this; never.
>>and how much 1/2 pint colonized substrate would i use?
as much as you have. or at least as much as you want. a 2 or 3 inch layer is ideal but it depends on how big the tray is.
>>-and when put into the terranium are the growth parameters for flat cakes the same as the regular pf style cakes, meaning the rH and temps???
well i have no idea where teh word 'terranium' came from; but a lotta ppl seem to use this term. the growing parameters are specific to the strain that youre growing; it has nothing to do with how many times you flip a cake over. true casings onlu need 80 or 85%rh and cakes seem to require at least 90 or 95 but general rule is the higher the better. like my satuday nights; you know?
>>-ive seen posts about doing the flat cake tek and then cutting them up into slightly smaller sections for better yeilds/growth.
biologically the mycellium can only fruit/grow until nutrients are all used up. cutting it apart may give moe surface area and faster time to grow the same amt of mushrooms; but the overall potential is not changed.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom