Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemichael_ahji

Loc: HAWAII
re: about the flat cake tek........
    #562630 - 02/25/02 03:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

alohas,
-when using this tek, are pf style 1/2 pints alright? and how much 1/2 pint colonized substrate would i use? cause it looks like those are 1 pint sized colonized substrate being used.
-and when put into the terranium are the growth parameters for flat cakes the same as the regular pf style cakes, meaning the rH and temps???
-ive seen posts about doing the flat cake tek and then cutting them up into slightly smaller sections for better yeilds/growth. if this is true, then how would i go about doing this? how big of pieces to cut?
thanks everyone peace.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: re: about the flat cake tek........ [Re: michael_ahji]
    #562764 - 02/25/02 05:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

>>-when using this tek, are pf style 1/2 pints alright?
yes. i will never understand why so many ppl ask this; never.
>>and how much 1/2 pint colonized substrate would i use?
as much as you have. or at least as much as you want. a 2 or 3 inch layer is ideal but it depends on how big the tray is.
>>-and when put into the terranium are the growth parameters for flat cakes the same as the regular pf style cakes, meaning the rH and temps???
well i have no idea where teh word 'terranium' came from; but a lotta ppl seem to use this term. the growing parameters are specific to the strain that youre growing; it has nothing to do with how many times you flip a cake over. true casings onlu need 80 or 85%rh and cakes seem to require at least 90 or 95 but general rule is the higher the better. like my satuday nights; you know?
>>-ive seen posts about doing the flat cake tek and then cutting them up into slightly smaller sections for better yeilds/growth.
biologically the mycellium can only fruit/grow until nutrients are all used up. cutting it apart may give moe surface area and faster time to grow the same amt of mushrooms; but the overall potential is not changed.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation