Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
LC contam?
    #5739750 -

How exactally is one supposed to tell what a contam will look like in their LC... wouldn't cobweb and myc look an awful lot alike suspended in honey-water?

just curious because i have 2 different LC's going... one is just honey and water, and the other is runoff of a brown sugar, rice flour and oatmeal mix. both seem to have myc growing, but i don't know if it's myc or contam... i've searched around for pictures of contaminated LC's, but all i found was a picture of a nasty-ass jar with a giant black cloud in it... and i know i don't have that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC contam? [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5739831 -

It's easy to difficult, the more you make the easier it will be to ID.

Mycelium has a very unique look,

Cobweb wont grow in LC,(edited not completely true)

And that is why you should always make a test run befor you go to town.


--------------------


Atheist Chat

Edited by Snaggletooth (06/11/06 09:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC contam? [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5739873 -

If you leave it for a few days without agitation you will usually see contams growing at the surface - if there are any...


--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC contam? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5739977 -

If you prepared the LC correctly, or to the best of your educated ability, then I don't see any reason for contams. If you want to make sure then just inject a test jar.

But let me say this really quick. When I did my first LC I had about 1/2 colonization with blueing. I thought it was contams cuz it was green. Don't make the same mistake.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC contam? [Re: figment]
    #5742248 -

I'm wondering about this as well. I have 4 jars of 2 different strains going that I started on Wednesday, 5 days ago. There is definite growth in all of them, but the mycelium in 2 of the jars(1 strain)looks brown, which I was thinking is cause of the honey, but the other strain looks lighter in color, more apparently white. I used the steam method and was extremely careful and clean. The darker mycelium looks almost identical to the lighter strain (aside from color) and is actually growing more. It looks kinda like this picture. But without the white parts illuminated by the light. And also a little less growth.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-02/725868192-LC_040_Medium.jpg

Could this be contamination? Shouldn't mycelium always be white? Or maybe my honey is just causing the coloring. I did use a dark honey. Maybe this is why I should've use Karo light.

Also, is 5 days possibly too long for incubation. I saw growth on the first day, and have been wondering when to put them into the fridge. What's the maximum LCs can stay in incubation after they are done?


--------------------
Nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love.
- The Beatles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LC contam? [Re: tallgreen]
    #5743956 -

I looked more closely in bright light and I think it's just the dark honey, and I wasn't very precise on the amount of honey. These two must have more as the overall color is darker. It looks white around the edges like the photo I linked to, so it's cool. But I'm still wondering how to determine when it's done. I put the most completed one in the fridge since it is definitely getting there. I'm guessing contams would be pretty obvious, like foggy, or a black or green blob..


--------------------
Nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love.
- The Beatles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Whats a grey colored contam? Cobweb? Scolecite 1,172 1 05/19/04 08:31 PM
by Mykey
* ?Mutant or contam?
( 1 2 all )
G a n j a 6,356 29 02/26/03 11:25 AM
by G a n j a
* mycelium fighting contam!?!? Osker246 2,869 9 03/28/07 04:55 PM
by RogerRabbit
* reason for contam. orangeboy 1,065 6 04/07/04 10:24 PM
by orangeboy
* What if mycelium colonizes over a contam spot? LTBOOMER 1,505 3 01/28/03 12:24 PM
by jtseaweed
* Contam then gone Slite 779 1 06/23/04 12:20 PM
by MAIA
* YOUR ratio of viable/Contame'd cakes? Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 1,654 7 01/04/05 04:48 PM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* Contam on WBS ( pics ) ragadinks 1,929 12 02/21/04 01:15 PM
by Suntzu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155 topic views. 12 members, 134 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.