well before we get to the scary part a nice story about my latest grow...
Funnily enough I wish I had my camera yesterday cause I had a WBS cake that I had intentionally delayed fruiting with very little light, so in fact the mushrooms had started growing but because of the delayed and severely limited lighting for like a week or two it basically had none only a coupla split seconds that was after dunking in a clean container twice etc. etc. and getting exposed to light during being moved around, some of them (pins) didn't even develop caps and are just these white balls on the side of the cake, the poor things, though some have grown to a remarkable size without these CAPS. Will come and post pics tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing sum WEIRD mushi mutations.... Very strange mutation though... it may be of significance but my lab is several hundred miles away from these cakes so this experiment is lost to the winds of time. However, the one cake, it was dunked twice, and then when it was starting to be grown well... for about two days mid into the growth I also put the buttom of the cake in some water and did so again the day before yesterday. This one mushroom has been growing now for probably about 14-20 days (real slow its winter here and I dont care to warm it up this makes for astrong mushroom the slow grow), the spawning had been about 3 weeks, and the prepinning about a week or longer it has really matured nice and slow for well 2 months almost to grow this mushi..., so in fact you could say the mycelium had built up some serious sexual tension... since its a neglect and I don't care about bulk harvest... nevertheless. I was luckily intime to prevent the cake from toppling over when this beast started spreading its wings (a single mushrooms). The shroom stem is about half as thick as the cake itself (yeah the puppy grew on top), soon enough it curved its way to the side and had to be rested on another cake's top, bruising it, to prevent toppling, Curved and somewhat gnarled, it was thrice as heavy and twice as long and half as wide as the cake itself. The bottom half was solid as hell, the top half hollow, soft exquisite white silver blue flesh thick and soft at the base, beautiful, so ideal for cloning, i wish my lab was here!!!, it felt like christmas yesterday when I harvest what I can only now describe as, 'IT'. Although I once had 3 mexicans that weighed in at 210 gram (i.e 70 gram fresh each, the length of my forearm), we have yet to do the math to see wether delayed fruiting and fewer larger fruits is potentially economically more viable than a many smaller mushrooms for those in the trade of 'magic mushrooms' where it is legal, in the Netherlands. The fact also that this mushroom weighs about 3 times heavier than the cake itself, if not more, in fact, the cake does not weigh anything at all by the feel of it..., is of considerable concern... Delayed growth is a failsafe, esp. in regards tempering oneself and letting the mushies grow as they may rather than forcing them to succeed and becoming unhappy if they dont grow how you want them and when you want them. This defeats the entire purpose and enjoyment of mushroom growing, I believe, it becomes a job and not a hobby at that stage, an approach that is to be avoided at all costs. That is not to say you should not be diligent. To the contrary! Love your work! And work your love!!! YEAH BABY!!! 
now onto the bad ass part.
Did you know theres an infection cryptococcus it is dormant for yeras in the human body it is breathed in along with basidiospores... ahem ahem. it affects eyesight adversely, causes torula meningitis (brain tissue fever, and well), its pretty bad assed you will have to get a spinal tap. The infection well it looks like awhole lotta different things. Here we are dealing with good and evil on a molecular level, and it IS A HOLY WAR.  TAKE CARE GET A MICROSCOPE and a COPY OF STAMETS AND CHILTON TO CHECK OUT THE CONTAMINANTS. STOP PLAYING AROUND KIDS.
|