Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEndo
Stranger

N00b w/? aboot condensation inside jars...
    #567730 - 03/02/02 12:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Ya'll,

This is my first post but I've been lurking for months. I'm on day 13 since innoculation, and have some pretty dense condensation action happening on the inside of my jars where the substrate is densly colonized. I do not however have water collecting or pooling in the bottom of the jar. This is odd to me since I was almost convinced when I loaded the jars that the substrate was too dry (so convinced I actually made a wetter batch a couple days later). I put the lids on tight because I live in an pretty dry climate. At what point should this water accumulation concern me? I don't really see any yellowing on the mycelium, and would like to try and avoid contamination by keeping the jars nice and tight. Should I loosen the bands or what? I've had really good success up until this point and don't want to sabotage my cakes by exposing them to the unsterile air in my room, but I'm concerned about the condensation damaging them.

--------------------

~Endo~
Original Badboy Selektah
BOOOH!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: N00b w/? aboot condensation inside jars... [Re: Endo]
    #567749 - 03/02/02 01:00 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

welcome:), you need to loosen the lids so air exchange can take place. Mycelia breath oxygen, so in keeping the lids tight, your cutting off oxygen to only whats in the jar. This will also help in the condensation evaporating some. Keep a watch out for the wet-sour contaminiants. if it starts to smell of sweet apples, then throw it out.:)bluhoney 

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: N00b w/? aboot condensation inside jars... [Re: Endo]
    #567772 - 03/02/02 01:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

yeah if its day 13 and mostly colonized; loosen the bands and flip them over.
as for the water droplets; theyre fine. i notices i had a lot of them when i kept the substrate extra loose in the jars; and the mycelium kind of shrunk it together a lot more after it colonized; but there were droplets all ove the jar. some had water in the bottoms though and took longer to colonize. but from that i found that its ideal to pack the substrate a little bit rather than just laying it in there. if youre worried about contamination when loosening and flipping; it shouldnt e be a problem because the mycellium has already taken over the nutrients; the mycellium cant really get infected. like if youre setting them on a dusty shelf rather than a clean incubator- put the jars in sandwich bags (see the empty bag is worth something too :wink:)

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
Re: N00b w/? aboot condensation inside jars... [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #567868 - 03/02/02 03:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"put the jars in sandwich bags "???
There goes your air exchange.:peace:

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags