Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRamsus
stranger andproud
Trance Music Trip?
    #562116 - 02/25/02 01:36 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Hey, I'm going to the Crystal Ballroom in Portland this Friday to see Paul Oakenfold spin. For those of you that don't know Paul Oakenfold he's a great trance dj, one of the bests, he did the entire soundtrack to the movie swordfish and also the compilation Tranceport Volume 1. Now my question is, I have 1/8 of shrooms and I was wondering if seeing Oakenfold while tripping would be a very good idea. I'm not going to know a single person there and I'm not familiar with the building at all. I am an experienced tripper so that won't be a problem. Tell me what you think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
Re: Trance Music Trip? [Re: Ramsus]
    #562126 - 02/25/02 02:05 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

You might panic, but then again you might have the time of your life. it all depends on your mindset. just relax and have fun! 3.5 grams is a bit too much for me to do in a public place, but then again that's mainly because on heavy doses I like to just relax, put on some tool and zone into the mushroom beauty. It all depends on what you're like, and what you like to do on your trips...or better yet, what kind of experiences you aim for. I'm just a calm person, so when I peak I like to be sitting down with some water, some slow or melodic music and just let the mushrooms engulf me. Then again other _rare_ times I just feel like getting up and dancing like a crazy ass!

If it was me personally, I'd take a smaller dose, just enough to get me just past that "feeling it" state so I kind of open up and feel great with minimal, but still beautiful visuals.

Last but not least, have fun and enjoy life. That's what we're here for :smile: 

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

OfflinedoCtR_diSCreeT
DoctR g0nEMaAd...

Loc: iNfesTinG yOur teRraRium
    #562382 - 02/25/02 09:41 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

You'll be okay if you can keep your mind focused while tripping at the same time. Don't let yourself go and completely lose it! (I have seen some of my friends do this and it's no fun!) I think you would have a great time listenin' to Oakenfold spin. Just keep a level head bro! Hope you have a good time!

Peace...

--------------------

Peace!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #563941 - 02/26/02 03:43 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

if you've tripped in public before and not had a problem, this should be fine.  oakenfold is a master of trance music and i'd love to see him... i'm sure you'd have a blast! :laugh:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
    #564103 - 02/26/02 07:26 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

Save your money and see someone else that doesn't suck as much. Oakie is alright, but way too simple. Very tight mixing, but boooooooorrrrrriiiiiiinngggggggggggg.. Go see donald glaude or carl cox or christopher lawrence. similar music, but waaaay fuckin cooler. Portland is big enoguh that you shouldn't have trouble finding someone good to hear, or at least better than oakie.

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
Re: Trance Music Trip? [Re: CynicalMagician]
    #564507 - 02/27/02 02:26 AM (22 years, 25 days ago)

I ate 3.5 grams and saw Oakie and Carl Cox at the Area1 tour last summer!
It was a blast...except you had to wait in line for an hour to get a $5.50 glass of mikes hard lemonade.....I just bought 4 at a time!
You'll have a BLAST....Oakie's music is tight...but the way the crowd gets into it is unbeleable!

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

Anonymous

Re: Trance Music Trip? [Re: badjessejames]
    #564538 - 02/27/02 04:20 AM (22 years, 25 days ago)

i recently had a friend who was at paul oakenfolds last party, last weekend in Feb....

Another dj she is, spun right after him.
anyway

She told me Oakenfold didnt even mix his tracks....jus put the phones on occasionally and waved his hands around...

Oakenfold was incredible back in the day...but lately I have been somewhat dissappionted in his performances...

for some good trance I suggest:
sasha, jon flemming, sander kleinenburg, PVD, Noel Sanger

dont get me wrong if the ticket price was around 20 bucks to see Oakie I would proly go....jus to see him live...

my 2 cents

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
    #564544 - 02/27/02 05:07 AM (22 years, 25 days ago)

saw oakenfold at rave on the rocks, had a 1/8 and i must say it was one of the best times of my life.

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: Trance Music Trip? [Re: batou]
    #566133 - 02/28/02 05:41 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

plain and simple trance sucks. fucking trance lol
you need some dark jungle, or some hard house.

Offlineazzid
Neuro Engineer
Loc: Sydney AUS
Re: Trance Music Trip? [Re: MickyFinn]
    #566428 - 02/28/02 11:47 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Sure some trance is cheesey, but hard house is the ultimate cheese :P

--------------------
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of shrooms" - All posts are fictional - Read at your own risk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale