Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: supercollider]
    #5651362 -

I could beat him if we were playing from half court. I used to work at a YMCA and whenever we took the kids out to the courts i would just shoot from half court over and over. This would be many hours a week and it gave me a great half court shot but i suck from anywhere closer now, i always over power the ball.


--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: d33p]
    #5651384 -

1/1000? I'm not good at basketball at all and I think it's very possible.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: badchad]
    #5651475 -

badchad said:
I'm sure there is a math whiz here that could figure out the statistical chances by using Jordan's stats (although you'd have to compensate for lack of a defense).

The tricky part is determining the 3-point percentage of an "average" player. I'd guess a definite "no".



My friend did the math on it, took him forever he said, but if the average shooter was a 1/5 shooter and MJ was a 2/3 shooter then roughly 1/1000 games you would win.

Take that as you will.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651507 -

I am pretty decent at basketball... well shooting. I think I would win 2!


--------------------


I bring myself down a level to make you feel better about yourself!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: freshlyPLUMP]
    #5652911 -

What did Michael Jordan say to the horse?

A. Why the long face?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5652954 -

Syle said:
badchad said:
I'm sure there is a math whiz here that could figure out the statistical chances by using Jordan's stats (although you'd have to compensate for lack of a defense).

The tricky part is determining the 3-point percentage of an "average" player. I'd guess a definite "no".



My friend did the math on it, took him forever he said, but if the average shooter was a 1/5 shooter and MJ was a 2/3 shooter then roughly 1/1000 games you would win.

Take that as you will.



I'm positive I could beat him at least 1 game out of 1000. Probably way more than 1 game, though.

Also, MJ never shot 66% from the field, especially not from 3pt. He was never a great 3pt shooter compared to other NBA players.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5653333 -

if we took all 3 pointers, i think i would win atleast 100 times out of 1000. i have been playing b-ball for around 8-9 years and have developed a pretty good shot. a perfect shot, i am told hah.

but yeah i won the 3-point contest in my basketball league 3 times out of 5 times. making 16 out of 20, 3 pointers for one of the wins. and i think 15 out of 20, 3 pointers for another of the wins. i roughly make about 4-7 3 pointers a game when i am playing also.

i would probably bet about 500$ with michael that i would beat him atleast 100 times.


--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: mushiemountain]
    #5653434 -

If I got to kick him in the knee cap first. Then yes.


--------------------
The wolves howl, the sheep dwell, and the fool casts his whom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* can anyone suggest a good COmputer game.....
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 4,068 35 06/14/05 04:52 PM
by Deadmaker
* Do you still listen to Michael Jackson?
( 1 2 all )
exclusive58 2,782 23 07/27/05 11:53 AM
by Krishna
* What Are Some Good X-Box Games? fjbk47985 1,306 8 07/17/03 01:54 AM
by Blastrid
* Just got X-Box and some games
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,357 30 11/09/04 09:30 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* What do you do at 12:30 besides video games and drugs if you aren't 21?
( 1 2 3 all )
freddurgan 6,372 54 12/03/05 02:25 AM
by XUL
* Favorite zelda game and why
( 1 2 3 4 all )
notapillow 5,625 71 11/10/05 05:31 AM
by kotik
* Grow Cube...game..link
( 1 2 all )
Snaggletooth 2,068 32 12/14/05 01:18 PM
by tactik
* Hard but cool game.
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,359 29 07/27/04 12:15 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,084 topic views. 10 members, 22 guests and 72 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.