Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE?
    #5651030 -

Okay, here is the scenario:

Do you think you could beat Michael Jordan in 1 out of 1000 games of HORSE, ONLY shooting 3 point shots? No fancy/random/weird shots, strictly 3 point shots (NBA distance).

My friends and I have been arguing constantly for a day now about this.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651065 -

out of 1000 games you would win atleast 1 time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651066 -

yes.. id blaze that foolio


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: BLAST_420]
    #5651070 -

BLAST_420 said:
out of 1000 games you would win atleast 1 time



How? Keep in mind it's a game of HORSE. First off, you have to get him down to HORS, THEN, he has to consecutively miss both of his E shots or, he misses his first one then you miss the finishing shot.

The sheer chance of you getting him down to HORS to begin with is pretty minimal; so I say hell no, not in 1000 games would I win one.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Edited by Syle (05/19/06 05:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651081 -

well maybe you suck bad at basketball... but i dont.. eventually he'll have an off game


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Infrared]
    #5651088 -

Infrared said:
well maybe you suck bad at basketball... but i dont.. eventually he'll have an off game



And when he had that off game, you would have to have an on game. The chances of both of those happening at the same time would be pretty damned minimal.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651093 -

pretty damn minimal if you suck really bad :wink:

besides, if your talking about playing him now.. then its entirly possible... i doubt he spends alot of time practicing playing basketball anymore :smirk:


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Infrared]
    #5651099 -

Infrared said:
pretty damn minimal if you suck really bad :wink:

besides, if your talking about playing him now.. then its entirly possible... i doubt he spends alot of time practicing playing basketball anymore :smirk:



Very true. I am speaking about when he was in his prime.

Also, I don't consider myself good at basketball, that is right; confidence and personal ability come into play. But, we were speaking from an average joes perspective. I should have clarified that.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651105 -

Syle said:
Do you think you could beat Michael Jordan in 1 out of 1000 games of HORSE, ONLY shooting 3 point shots? No fancy/random/weird shots, strictly 3 point shots (NBA distance).



Yes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #5651114 -

AlteredAgain said:
Syle said:
Do you think you could beat Michael Jordan in 1 out of 1000 games of HORSE, ONLY shooting 3 point shots? No fancy/random/weird shots, strictly 3 point shots (NBA distance).



Yes.



God damn there are a lot of cocky bastards in here.  :wink:


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Edited by Syle (05/19/06 05:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651117 -

Almost definitely not. I'm terrible at basketball.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: jcdangerously]
    #5651131 -

Also, this is the kicker that most people don't consider. You have to get him down to HORS.....BEFORE he gets you to HORSE.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: jcdangerously]
    #5651139 -

Remember he is also taking those shots with out an NBA calibre defence pressuring him

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651142 -

Nope , but I'd give Stephen Hawking

a roll for his money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651205 -

Out of 1,000 games? I'd be damned if I don't win at least 25 of them...it's 1,000 games! As long as you have a decent shot...


--------------------
I don't think
I just drink

Cowgold said:
Blacks don't eat mushrooms. You can't be black. It's impossible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: ilikebigbuds21]
    #5651253 -

ilikebigbuds21 said:
Out of 1,000 games? I'd be damned if I don't win at least 25 of them...it's 1,000 games! As long as you have a decent shot...



Out of 10 shots, how many do you think you could make. On average.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651265 -

I haven't shot in a regulation hoop for a while. If I got my groove back, probably 4-5 of 10.


--------------------
I don't think
I just drink

Cowgold said:
Blacks don't eat mushrooms. You can't be black. It's impossible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651288 -

Would this be 1000 consecutive games? How does this work?

I bet I would win quite a few. I shoot around about an hour a day, almost exclusively long shots.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: Syle]
    #5651319 -

hold'em, omaha, razz, stud. and eight-or-better? I'd kick his ass in all of them.


--------------------
Supercollider? I just met her!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Could you beat Michael Jordan in a game of HORSE? [Re: supercollider]
    #5651361 -

I'm sure there is a math whiz here that could figure out the statistical chances by using Jordan's stats (although you'd have to compensate for lack of a defense).

The tricky part is determining the 3-point percentage of an "average" player. I'd guess a definite "no".


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* can anyone suggest a good COmputer game.....
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 4,068 35 06/14/05 04:52 PM
by Deadmaker
* Do you still listen to Michael Jackson?
( 1 2 all )
exclusive58 2,782 23 07/27/05 11:53 AM
by Krishna
* What Are Some Good X-Box Games? fjbk47985 1,306 8 07/17/03 01:54 AM
by Blastrid
* Just got X-Box and some games
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,357 30 11/09/04 09:30 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* What do you do at 12:30 besides video games and drugs if you aren't 21?
( 1 2 3 all )
freddurgan 6,372 54 12/03/05 02:25 AM
by XUL
* Favorite zelda game and why
( 1 2 3 4 all )
notapillow 5,625 71 11/10/05 05:31 AM
by kotik
* Grow Cube...game..link
( 1 2 all )
Snaggletooth 2,068 32 12/14/05 01:18 PM
by tactik
* Hard but cool game.
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,359 29 07/27/04 12:15 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,084 topic views. 4 members, 17 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.