Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewormcore
Stranger
mushroom tea recipe ?
    #557908 - 02/20/02 09:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i couldn't find a recipe anywhere so i am asking here.
does anyone have a quick recipe for mushroom tea?
does it work just the same?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
Re: mushroom tea recipe ? [Re: wormcore]
    #558259 - 02/21/02 07:35 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hello - with cubensis you just cut the shrooms up and chuck em into boiling water in a pot , let them brew for a while then strain it out, add some tea bags if you like - plus eat the shrooms too .
To me the difference is faster onset and eradication of stomach problems .
I am now a total convert to brewing rather than straight chomping . But be warned that non cubensis shrooms can be weakened with the same process as psilocyn can break down when heated in water .
Go to http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_prep1.shtml

Also dont drink milk or have milk with your tea .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #558426 - 02/21/02 10:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The most powerful tea my friend made was done by boiling water, take it off the heat and put in a tea bag... let it steep for a while until the water starts to cool off... when it is cool enough that you could drink it without burning your mouth toss the tea in a blender and add your dry shrooms... blend and chug... if you are trying to avoid the fruit bodies or the taste, this method wont help you.

The first time my friend used this method, she used 7.50 grams dry (she weighs ~115lbs) and was already tripping hard by the time she made it out of the kitchen... we are talking maybe 30 seconds to 2 minutes from ingestion to wow!, and another two minutes until she turned into a carpet toy. She had no idea that a shroom trip could come up so fast.

If my friend eats plain fruit (no blending) it takes about 20 minutes normally for her to start feeling anything and maybe another 30 minutes before the ride starts to really peak.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: mushroom tea recipe ? [Re: Seuss]
    #558495 - 02/21/02 11:48 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, put the shrooms in AFTER boiling the water.

Personally, I am not fond of the tea method. If you enjoy being thunderstruck, then that is the way to go. I am a very experienced tripper and was hammered in minutes after less than 2 grams of aborts. Had drunk half the cup when the phone rang. Was talking to a friend then just froze and had trouble forming words. I could hardly speak. Then the room tipped at a 90 degree angle like the Titantic going down. I held on for dear life. I got no visuals, no ecstacy, no keen insight; just a short (60-70 minute) white knuckle ride.

Go v-e-r-y slowly. The first time, I would recommend taking 15 to 25 minutes to drink one cup so that you may see how you are going to react.

One plus may be that it is much easier to regulate the trip as the feedback is quite fast.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #558516 - 02/21/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I love mushroom tea. This is what I do: Boil the water, not an intense boit just a slow boil, cut or tear the mushrooms into smaller pieces than toss in them in the pot (when I make tea I use whatever I have picked that day, any where from 50?? to 300?? grams of fresh Pan Cyans and Pan Trops) let the mushrooms boil for a good 15 - 20 minutes, you can repeat the extraction process 1 or 2 times with less water then the first time if you want, I have also heard to smash the mushrooms against the bottom of the pot with a spoon or potato smasher or something, ok..when thats over with seperate the mushrooms from the tea. Do what you want with the mushrooms: eat em, toss em, or throw them in your backyard under some soil and maybe something will grow.

After this I am left with a Dark black/purple, potent, and not so great tasting mushroom tea . Drink the tea slowly or else the come on will be very strong. Benefits: no body discomfort and I would say that it makes the trip a little more .."clean".

I believe Psilocin is not soluable in water.

Edited by cxz (02/21/02 12:27 PM)

OfflineBoneyDragon
Re: mushroom tea recipe ? [Re: cxz]
    #558824 - 02/21/02 05:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Here is what I did last time:

Took ~3 grams dried and broke it up with my fingers as best I could. Poured boiling water into a glass and added the shrooms and stirred/let sit for 5-10 minutes. Poured it all through a coffee filter into a cup. Poured more hot water over the solid material and made sure to squeeze out all the water I could. Drank it down (about 1.5 coffee cups of liquid) and it tasted not too bad, almost good.

~BD

Anonymous

Re: mushroom tea recipe ? [Re: Food]
    #560064 - 02/22/02 05:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Food- Can you brew with Eq's?

OoD

Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
Loc: SW
    #560261 - 02/22/02 10:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I once heard that cinnamon and sugar is very good with tea. So good, that you can drink it warm....this leads to desired effects in 10 minutes. Brace yourself!

Jason

InvisibleCoolio

#561459 - 02/24/02 10:57 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I've tried many methods of shroom tea and shroom-containing foods, and this one works best for me - no taste, no texture.

Just take a regular coffee percolator, fill a coffee filter with coffee grinds + dried whole shrooms. Load the filter, make a pot of coffee, and drink it up. I can't tell if shroom tea weakens the effects any, because I've never sat down and measured out a certain dose for tea, a certain dose for eating, and then compared the two trips. I usually do a combination of coffee+weed then when I'm real blazed and eating anything will taste good, I start munching on shrooms like popcorn.

Anonymous

Re: mushroom tea recipe ? [Re: Coolio]
    #561502 - 02/24/02 11:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Tonight I would like to have an 'enhanced' evening - I have some EQs and would like to go for a L1 trip - does brewing reduce the effects - ie - If an L1 trip would be 1.2 grm then should I brew 2 grms to allow for dissapation?

ooD

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
Re: mushroom tea recipe ? [Re: Anonymous]
    #561622 - 02/24/02 02:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OracleOfDelphi: Brewing any type of Psilocybe Cubensis will have almost no effect of lowering potency .
If you were planning on using 1.2 grams without tea then dont use more in the tea as you may peak higher .
I did forget to metion that shroom tea should be drunk slowly .
And yes EQ's will work fine if you wish to make tea with them .
I had about 1 grams of cambodia cubes in tea recently and even with such a low dose it was in many ways still quite powerful - and VERY fun .
Have a nice journey .

Plus you shouldnt really eat any food for a few hours at least beforehand .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Anonymous

Re: mushroom tea recipe ? [Re: Food]
    #561897 - 02/24/02 08:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Food-
Thanks for answering. I 'm glad I logged on to receive your message , because I was going to go higher, fearing loss of potency.

If anything good happens, I'll post it on the T.T. Board

peace

OoD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate