Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Ticketmaster's lottery system sucks...but I still scored Radiohead tickets!
    #5593234 -

Last night at 11:30 P.M. my girlfriend and I took our spots outside Tower Records, where we waited with a third person who came at midnight all the way until morning.  We didn't sleep, mostly stood, drank coffee, shot the shit, and I regularly snuck off to smoke marijuana on side streets. Good times.

Then morning comes and more people start to show up, including scalpers.  Everyone's on edge.  That's when I find out about Ticketmaster's lottery system.  Ticketmaster has a policy that if more than 2 people are waiting to buy tickets for a concert, that the vendor is required to do a lottery system of handing out tickets and randomly drawing them in order to sell the tickets.

So they handed out 23 tickets all in all and the way the system works is that let's say they pick #17...the order is then 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, etc...

That's exactly how it went and I have to tell you I was mortified - this is a 6,000 capacity venue and a show by a top notch band that's not been to America in two years to perform.    Usually shows like that, at the ticketmaster outlets, sell out by the third person. I was sixth in line, and my girlfriend was seventh.

My heart was pounding. But it was all good. We got tickets. Radiohead, theater at Madison Square Garden, June 13th and 14th.

:rockon:


And now on no sleep, I have a job interview at 2. Joy.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ticketmaster's lottery system sucks...but I still scored Radiohead tickets! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5593238 -

enjoy the shows :smile: i've never actually seem them live, although i've heard rave reviews from all the people i know who have seen them


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ticketmaster's lottery system sucks...but I still scored Radiohead tickets! [Re: Krishna]
    #5593243 -

This'll be my tenth and eleventh time seeing them. It's a small tour the point of which is just for them to test out new material on live crowds before reworking those songs for the final version of the new album they're making.  Usually when they play shows like that they also play obscure b-sides and shit. Yay. :smile:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ever win anything in the lottery? adamj 1,094 9 05/20/05 04:35 PM
by magicpurplecow
* Want to kill Ticketmaster rawtoxic 1,077 7 01/17/06 10:35 AM
by rawtoxic
* Dear StubHub, FrontGate Tickets, TicketMaster......
( 1 2 all )
LloydChristmas 3,177 33 03/10/11 07:03 PM
by McTwist
* wow fuck ticketmaster
( 1 2 all )
barfightlard 2,830 24 04/22/06 04:58 PM
by OMniversal
* Fuck StubHub, TicketMaster, et al
( 1 2 all )
sonamdrukpa 3,095 34 09/25/12 07:37 PM
by sonamdrukpa
* I despise Ticketmaster's TicketFast (Print your own tickets) feature. OneMoreRobot3021 3,470 15 06/15/07 07:35 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Oh Noes! Ticketmaster and Live Nation announce they want to merge! jewunit 803 13 02/10/09 07:10 PM
by Phish_Dude
* Cancelling ticketmaster? TODAY 905 9 10/27/07 10:48 AM
by Adom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,272 topic views. 5 members, 101 guests and 347 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.