Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Enron? Ralph Nader is glad you asked.
    #557778 - 02/20/02 06:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This is a summary of a story published by a independent newspaper that circulates all of the island of Oahu.

"I hate to say, I told you so," he begins, barely cloaking his glee over what could be the greatest corporate scandla in the lifetime of America's greatest corporate critic. "But" and now the 67 year old consumer activist pauses with an unexpectedly theatrical flair "I told you so!"

"Enron is our engine for reform" he says, sounding almost as optimistic as the Harvard Law School grad who hitchhiked to Washingotn in the 60's with the notino that he could force the auto industry to make safer cars.

After years of warning about the dangers inherent in a system that permits corporate political action committees to buy government favors in the form of deregulation, law regulatory oversight and economic globalization, suddenly Nader can point to the Enron mess as Exhibit A.

"Enron is the supermarket of corporate crime for our time," he announes. "It has embarrassed the hell out of the business community. It has raised questions about accounting practices. Investor conficdence is serverely shaken. The investment bankers are quaking. The lobbyists are scared. The politicainas are scrambling to explain why they took those checks from Enron cheif Ken Lay. I could talk about this from now until 2004."

After reflecting on how treasury secretary Paul O'Neill described the Enron mess as an example of "the genius of capitilism" and George W. Bush referred to Enron's CEO as "Kenny Boy," Connelly acknowledged hthe unavoidable reality that "Enron's collapse has renewed Nader."

"People don't trust Washington, but they trust Nader"

Nader critises the cemocrats for allowing the Bush Administration a free hand not just on military issues vbut on domestic matters since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Republicans, he says, have treated the war as "manna from Heaven, a perfect excuse for drilling in the Alaskan wilderness, tort deform, fast track, corporate welfare." while Democrats like Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle have looked at Bush's high poll numbers and decided to give him whatever he wants. Says Nader, "Bush has used the war to advance a domstic policy that is all about increasing the strenght of the commercial militarists, the autocratic idelologues and the corporate greed hounds. He has attacked our civil liberties. For this, he is praised by Democrasts? It's amazing."

Can't fuck with that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Enron? Ralph Nader is glad you asked. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #558091 - 02/21/02 12:33 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

ralph nader seems to be far less insane than bush and not as shitty as gore. Why didn't he hardly get votes?

mabye cuz the media is own by the ruling class. They promote their boys.

I really love politics, so much so that it sickens me every time I read about it cuz the politicians are taking us backwards these days...I've gotta stop visiting this forum ...to depresing

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Enron? Ralph Nader is glad you asked. [Re: carbonhoots]
    #558406 - 02/21/02 10:16 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

In this story, it mentions all of his recent television appearances. More then 6 already. On big corporate stations too, like the Morning show. In the last election he received 2.7 percent of the vote.

Have you ever met someone who says: "I love the green party, I would love too see them win, I'm just afraid that they won't win, and i'll waste my vote, when I could have been voting against republican, by voting democrat."

Also: "You're the reason we have this republican in office, because you voted green, the democrats lost, You Suck."

People are fucking insane, I bet over 50 percent of the population thinks this same thing, but because they did'nt see him on the debates, they were afraid to vote for him, like he dropped out of the race, or was disqualified, people are too ignorant.

OfflineGod_Killer
enthusiast
Re: Enron? Ralph Nader is glad you asked. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #558464 - 02/21/02 11:15 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"People don't trust Washington, but they trust Nader"

Ralph Nader is a nut. I wouldn't trust that goofy bitch to walk my dog.

--------------------
Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.-Benjamin Franklin

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Enron? Ralph Nader is glad you asked. [Re: God_Killer]
    #558677 - 02/21/02 03:14 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

God_Killer writes:

"Ralph Nader is a nut. I wouldn't trust that goofy bitch to walk my dog."

Agreed.

pinky

--------------------

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
Re: Enron? Ralph Nader is glad you asked. [Re: Phred]
    #559274 - 02/22/02 02:01 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You must have some kind of crazy dogs
or something. Or you must be super
protective of them.
I doubt he'd steal them or anything. Or
let them run away. Unless the dogs broke
free and started running away. Then it
wouldn't be his fault so much. If he was
watching the dogs okay.
I mean, it's not that hard to walk dogs. Most
dogs. At least one at a time.
I'd trust him to walk my dogs, I think. I only
have one dog. I'd trust him to walk my dog.
It would be cool to say to people, "Hey! Ralph
Nader walked my dog. Is that cool or what?"
"Huh? Who is that?"
"The American guy who ran for president."
"Uh..."
"He did the car thing too. Unsafe at any speed.
Remember?"
"I guess so."
"He walked my dog!"
"Alright."
You know?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Enron? Ralph Nader is glad you asked. [Re: carbonhoots]
    #559378 - 02/22/02 06:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

****Why didn't he hardly get votes? ****

Maybe because he's a nut job?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder