Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Novel (?) idea of how the world should be run...
    #557933 - 02/20/02 10:02 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, you'll have to excuse my political ignorance on this one, but I just wanted people's opinion on whether my idea has a feasibility even remoted based in reality.

Lets assume for a minute that all the governments and politicians in the world forgot for a minute of all their power-hungry ideals and concentrated on the actual welfare of the people of this Earth. Governments are inherently hypocritical because they forbit us from killing and stealing and all that, but when it comes to their own agenda, they slaughter thousands of people without the bat of an eye in the phenomenon known as "war." What I think we should do to stop this needless human suffering is this: All the governments of the world cease to constantly war with each other and instead join under one rule, a global empire. After all, we are citizens of Earth, what different should it make where we call home? There would be one global law enforcement agency that will police the world against crimes such as murder, stealing, rape, etc. All the crimes that hurt the quality of life of other people. Beyond this people would be free to do what they wish. In addition there would be the essential public services for roads, hospitals, etc. The taxes needed to pay all this would be marginal, and people can keep 95% of what they earn. If they wish to pursue industy or business, they would. If they wish to pursue spiritual growth, they would. In addition, people would be allowed to move freely wherever they chose, and to use whatever chemical methods or otherwise to pursue personal or spiritual growth without persecution.

Potential problems with this idea:

You'd never get all the nations of the world to agree to do this.

Why would any nation not want to do this? You're saying to them: "Just hand over your power over your people and everyone who currently exists under your rule would be free to do whatever they wish with their lives without worry of others infringing upon their happiness. You will have no crime, no worry of wars. You can just live your life. We'll take care of everything." My point is that if people can just learn to relinquish their desire for power this would work.

Who would pick this global police force? Surely there will be fighting for power and position there.

There would be representatives from each region/country/ethnic/relgious group based on their percentage of the population. There isn't a whole lot of lawmaking that should be going on here, mostly enforcement, which is pretty straightforward. The only laws that exist are very basic ones.

What about the economy? It needs some regulation.

I guess you can have regional economic agencies that take care of that sort of thing, but with completely free trade between them. I don't really see how it needs very much. After all, without other countries to compete with, we don't have to worry about being a economic powerhouse or anything. Production will be driven by demand.

Please feel free to punch as many holes in this theory as you can. I want to know if this might be in humanity's future or if I might as well wait for hell to freeze over. I'm not saying that this could happen right now, but I believe that at one point in our future (if we live that long), we'll look back at individual countries and religions fighting each other in the same way we look at barbarian tribes of the stone age today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Novel (?) idea of how the world should be run... [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #557980 - 02/20/02 10:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds great! There is even a new word recently coined for such a government: Unitarian. I think a unitarian government could be appealing to every person, no discrepencies in trade barriers, decreased productivity from each citizen ( no reason to tax for war), the end of starvation ( equal rights, means equal food, we have to have equal rights in this government), cheaper traveling, all around scientific breakthroughs. There are many more things great about this concept.
Your problems, an unbiased organization to gather representatives of every language and country to discuss plans.
Will this country be communist or capitilist?
How will you make sure that all of america's citizens stolen wealth and aristocracy stay the same.

I say after you have completed a long study of these problems you can advance yourself into implementing a unitarian government.
My plan would be after these problems are solved, have a one time election for a King. But how will an election of everyone in the world take place. We certainly can't use the same voting system as the u.s., it can be rigged, so it is flawed.
By the way, my homepage, listed in my profile, is specifically dedicated to issues like these. So if you have any suggestions of what I can add, just tell me, Please!

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: nugsarenice]
    #558270 - 02/21/02 07:49 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineGod_Killer
enthusiast
Re: Novel (?) idea of how the world should be run. [Re: Anonymous]
    #558319 - 02/21/02 08:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thats the worst friggin idea I've ever heard.

--------------------
Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.-Benjamin Franklin

Offlinencshroomer
journeyman
Loc: Wilmington NC
Re: Novel (?) idea of how the world should be run. [Re: God_Killer]
    #558384 - 02/21/02 09:57 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Let me get this right. You want us all to just like everyone else and get along with everyone else because you think it would be nice? Jesus man put out the joint and go see what the world is really like. It also seems you would want to do away with competition thus stagnating civilization. If everyone gets along and works together as friends nothing is gonna get done. Also a large portion of the world doesn't like us for a variety of reasons and you want them to put all that behind them and join in on one of our ideas? How about you figure out what the real world is like and then come up with an idea that isn't just a "nice, happy" idea that only works on paper and then come report to us.

--------------------
What the fuck, lets give it a try!

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Novel (?) idea of how the world should be run. [Re: ncshroomer]
    #558671 - 02/21/02 03:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

What exactly are these things that need to "get done"? Build tanks? There would be no need anymore. There will still be consumers desiring goods and services, so there would still be competition among business and industry. We just won't need to compete with other nations, which is a stupid idea anyway because we're all a party of humanity, why should we needlessly divide ourselves?

As to the fact that nobody would want to actually do it, that is a valid argument. I don't know how we can circumvent the basic human need for control, but I think it is something we need to work on. I'm sure if 10,000 years ago you told the leader of a barbarian tribe that he can't lead his 30 or so companions anymore and he would become part of a nation of 300,000,000 people he would've resisted vehemently. But look where we are today. Despite the pessimists, I think that cooperation and peace is in our future. Indeed, it has to be or else we won't have a future.

Also, this doesn't have to be the United States' idea. It is something to be organized and implemented by the world, because it is what is best for our species.

Edited by skaMariaPastora (02/21/02 03:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order