Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
So I says to Mable, I says...I need a wirless network, what should I get?
    #5512608 -

That bitch didn't have a clue so I came here where, undoubtedly, my Shroomery bretheren will teach me the correct path.

I have a MDA (PDA type) phone now that supports 11b and 11g and my girlfriend needs to connect her laptop. I would also like to have the ability to connect to my Xbox. Hopefully in the future I'd like the ability to send pics and video to my big screen TV and receive video/data to archive shows off of my DVR. A Sling Box type of application that could connect wirelessly would also be nice.

The first two things, my phone and g/f's laptop are most important. What should I get?

Linksys? D-Link? Other? Know where to find any good deals?


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I says to Mable, I says...I need a wirless network, what should I get? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #5512640 -

i always enjoyed using netgear hardware. if i had my choice, i would use cisco, but that is an expensive option.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I says to Mable, I says...I need a wirless network, what should I get? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #5512716 -

If you have the cash, i absolutely recommend the D-Link DGL-4300.

Its around the $150 range.  My gf kept having problems with her Linksys router, even tho it was brand new. I kept telling her all routers under $200 tend to be 'built cheap', and are bound to have problems. Luck of the draw usualy. 
Well, this one is a damn good router.  It has tons of advanced features, and is reliable.  It also has 'gamefuel' so you can prioritize what apps get the most bandwidth.
http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=370&#DGL-4300

Checkit out. 

:sun:


--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I says to Mable, I says...I need a wirless network, what should I get? [Re: RuNE]
    #5513021 -

yeah, i've had nothing but bad luck with linksys too. i wouldnt recommend them.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I says to Mable, I says...I need a wirless network, what should I get? [Re: automan]
    #5513161 -

^^^^^To both of you.


Thanks for the reccomendations. Are the Pre-N and MIMO solutions not a good choice at this time? Are they even backwards compatible with the G standard?


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I says to Mable, I says...I need a wirless network, what should I get? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #5514227 -

I've actually had good luck with my linksys wrt54g - you can install modified and opensource firmware on it in order to expand the options: http://www.linksysinfo.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wirless networking?? Legoulash 913 11 03/12/05 08:06 PM
by automan
* Networking Idiot 871 9 05/14/06 02:57 AM
by makaveli8x8
* Setting up a cable internet network with Windows 95? Twirling 2,084 9 01/12/05 08:09 PM
by Huehuecoyotl
* Getting DSL....hooking up 3 comps.....networking?? DazedSol 1,579 12 10/04/03 11:19 AM
by funkymonk
* Wireless network advice needed. Fliquid 1,096 8 03/24/05 08:25 AM
by Fliquid
* securing my wireless network Vvellum 797 4 12/14/05 04:20 AM
by Seuss
* USA Patriot Act on Network Security Practice Lana 1,703 1 11/27/01 10:08 PM
by Ishmael
* New network to link U.S., Russia, China motamanM 796 2 12/26/03 09:36 PM
by djfrog

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
589 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.