Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
TOO MUCH INFO!! Any simple ideas for my terrarium?
    #549366 - 02/12/02 10:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I surfed over to that MushMush site based in Amsterdam and I kinda like thier simple way of growing. They sugest manual misting and fanning, although they arent against automated setups. I dont like the idea of opening the chaber up so often (contams).

I started everything that Im doing going by using the HawksEye for reference. He says to just use perlite and not mist at all. Who am I suppose to listen too? Wha way do you go by? Perlite and no misting? Or misting and perlite? Wont misting and perlite bring too much moisture and cause overlay? Wont manual fanning by opening the chamber intoduce contams? MAn this is getting confusing, even after reading the FAQ's and eveything I feel like Im getting spun around.

So right now im experimenting with my chamber before actualy doing anything with the cakes. I put some moist peat and verm as a mock casing to see how much humidity that lets off. I cut 2 two inch holes on either side of the chamber to reduce humidity with the perlite experiment, Still stayed at 99% mind you.

The chamber also has the optional air pump to circulate filtered air into the chamber, but that never really worked to bring the RH down too much, still stayed high at 97'ish.
By the way, i need 2- 50W aquarium heaters submerged in jars of water to keep the chamber warm, I tried opening and closing the tinfoil lid more and less to adjust the humidity but was too dificult, always went too high or low, and the level of water would always go down alot in 1 or 2 days.

Ok, so Im going in all directions here and it might be confyusing to make out what Im asking. I guess I just need some sugestions. If anyone has any experimental ideas let me know. Or if you have had the same prob as me, let me know how your doing now, and what you might have done to solve this. Thanks.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: TOO MUCH INFO!! Any simple ideas for my terrarium? [Re: Northernsoul]
    #549493 - 02/13/02 12:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Colonized cakes are pretty contam resistant and you only have to be careful about contamination when they are in the germination/colonizing (incubating) phase. Also, just use perlite and fan (mist if needed) 2-3x per day. Good luck.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineNeildo
Male

Loc: dallas,tx
    #549502 - 02/13/02 12:58 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well i havent started growing my shrooms yet but when i get some cash i will but what im going to do is take a large tupperware container and put a peice of plexiglass over the top of it (for light) then im going to cut two holes in the side of it for my arms and tape trash bags to them so i dont have to open it i am going to use perilite for humidity and a fishtank heater for the heat i will also attach a computer fan to the side with the intake facing outward and a dusk mask covering the intake and turn that on for about 5 to 10 mins a day to get rid of co2 there faily simple but it will cost about 60 bucks

--------------------
NO BAD TRIPS

InvisibleAzulAgave
    #549540 - 02/13/02 01:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

A clear tupper ware container. A towel to place between the lid and the container to keep humidity up or the perlite method. A drop cord type light bulb to keep the temp up. Personally all you really need is the clear tupperware container and a simple means to keep humidty up. Perlite or a towel.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: TOO MUCH INFO!! Any simple ideas for my terrarium? [Re: phrozendata]
    #549665 - 02/13/02 05:24 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ok, thanks. Im straying away from all these setups now and just going the simple rout.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation