Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anybody workout?
    #5484640 -

Im a skinny totally out of shape computer need who really needs to put on some weight and muscle.

I got a pair of 15 pound dumbbells but no other weights beside's those could anybody maybe tell me some workouts that would workout my whole body and how often to do them with what I have? Also a diet suggestion on how to gain some weight and help my muslces build would be nice. IM VERY FUCKIN SKINNY MY ARMS ARE TOOTHPICKS HOW DO I CHANGE THAT!!!!!


--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5484644 -

Eat gobs of pure fat. Then bathe in fat, inject yourself with heroin and fat. Then start dating fat chicks, and start talking in the speech of fat, then start a fat colony where only inanimate fat are citizens. Then fat fat fat, blah fat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5484646 -

Just be happy you aren't a lardo.


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5484654 -



--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: TheCow]
    #5484675 -

Push-ups, 25 repititions (start with 15 if you cannot do 25) 3 times daily. After 1 month switch to 40 repititions, 3 times every other day.

Pull-ups, 15 repitiions (start with 10 if you can do 15) Do these EVERY day, 3 times daily. Move to 20-25 repitions as it becomes possible. This will also work out your pectoral, upper and lower abdominal muscles.

15 lb dumbells.... with one in each hand starting at your waist, move your arms straight out to your sides until your arms are flush with your shoulders. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.... 3 times daily.

Get creative, there is many of excercises you can do. I was in your place at one point and decided I needed to do something about it. I have access to a total fitness gym at my college though. Started at the bench press at 115lbs and im up to 220 3 months later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Toddo]
    #5484682 -

well if you only have 15 pound dumbells that would be good enough to put on some muscle if ur a skinny computer dude, do curls, 3 sets 10 reps, reverse curls 3 sets 10 reps. do hammers 3 sets 10 reps. eat a pound of ground white turkey meat a week, and buy yourself a whey protien supplement for post work out. do pushups situps and vrunchs every day. and do your upperbody 3 times a week wednesday/fri/sunday- your arms

tuesday-sunday do pushups situps and crunchs.
run 1-3 miles tuesday-sunday
monday is ur off day.
most important thing for results is eating healthy.
by some rice cakes and spread peanut butter on them for snacks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5484690 -

www.abcbodybuilding.com has some good exercises.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #5484701 -

p.s i suggest you invest in a bench. u can do many other workouts with a bench. skull crunchers, bench press etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Hamstercut]
    #5484706 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #5484714 -

i call them crunchers, ive been calling them crunchers i was like 14 lol. there a good work out, there my fav thing to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Hamstercut]
    #5484718 -

yea i play basketbal every day and lift weights most of the time. i was in your same position, many times and started but soon lost motivation. but soon enough i really got motivation and kept working out, doing that is simply repetition, the more you do the stronger you'll get and it will be instilled in your mind to work out, lifts weights etc. and youll keep that body u want

... my advice to you is if your really trying to gain weight, plan out wat you are going to do about it, put some dedication into your plan and try not to go back to your old habits of why you look like wat u do now, you have to work tho because....no pain, no gain


--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #5484729 -

hoopershroomer said:
yea i play basketbal every day and lift weights most of the time. i was in your same position, many times and started but soon lost motivation. but soon enough i really got motivation and kept working out, doing that is simply repetition, the more you do the stronger you'll get and it will be instilled in your mind to work out, lifts weights etc. and youll keep that body u want

... my advice to you is if your really trying to gain weight, plan out wat you are going to do about it, put some dedication into your plan and try not to go back to your old habits of why you look like wat u do now, you have to work tho because....no pain, no gain


yea mang. good post. the hardest tihng to do is get out of bed and goto the gym. working out is the easy part. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5484916 -

Oh shit! I totally forgot about my workout today!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5484948 -

Yes I do, I started getting to much of a gut from too much beer consumption late last year, I have lost a lot of weight and i am looking a lot better after lifting weights every other day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Silversoul]
    #5484952 -

thanks guys I really appreciate the replys :laugh: I knew I could come here for some good knowledge :smile:

Infact I'm going to keep this mofo updated with how I'm doing ill take before and after pics cause dammit motherfuckers I AM GOING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO


--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5484988 -

hey mang, goto musclemag.com thats where i get alot of infor from pro body builders. also buy my supplements their. u can get HGH there too was u get hardcore into working out. ull see bigtime gains with that shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: Hamstercut]
    #5485927 -

Go to a supplement store and invest in a tub of whey protein. It's the best supplement you can buy and it's pretty much a necessity. Anyone from a hardgainer, a gigantic lard ass or total gym rat will tell you that it's almost useless to train without whey.

Working out's a lot more important than supplements, but make sure that you learn how to feed your body properly. Lots of friends (and myself) worked out on and off in highschool but we were nothing but scrawny bitchs until we learned how to eat properly and get enough rest.

That aside, go to the gym if you're able to or work out at school if you have the chance. Machines, barbells and a variety of free weights will be way more beneficial. You'll have the opportunity to use weights and do excersizes with a varied amount of weight instead of just a couple of dumbells. Compound excersizes like squats, deadlifts and bench presses will stimulate the most muscle fibers and tell your body that it's time to grow. If you do this continuously (learning how much rest your body needs, supplements and excersizes) your body will want to keep on growing more and more muscle. Hypertrophy is important and "the big 3" will help you get there.

Don't neglect any body parts either - especially legs. I don't think it's bad to say that half of the serious lifters I've met or conversed with over the internet neglected legs in their newb days. They're one of the biggest muscles and doing something likes squats will work the most muscle. You'll eat, go to bed and your body will start to repair your muscles and release a ton of growth hormones. I'm going a leg day today... there was undertime at work, and because I have family obligations I sacrificed half a day so I could come home, sleep and go to the gym to work out my legs. I'm squatting heavy today and it's paying off big time. You want big arms, an intimidating chest and a daunting back? Do SQUATS!


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: duster]
    #5486055 -

duster said:
thanks guys I really appreciate the replys :laugh: I knew I could come here for some good knowledge :smile:

Infact I'm going to keep this mofo updated with how I'm doing ill take before and after pics cause dammit motherfuckers I AM GOING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO



That's exactly the right mindset you need.

I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm 6'5 180lbs. So I guess I'm kind of skinny except I have a layer of fat on my belly (probably from beer drinking) I'm not sure if I should try to lose weight first and THEN try to gain muscle or if the exercising/muscle growth will take care of the layer of fat.

Regardless I'm thinking about starting to take creatine monohydrate (or possibly creatine ethyl ester malate) and NO2. I was on creatine a while back and I had great results. It just sucks that I injured my shoulder so I had to stop working out. Regardless, I'm going to get toned again whether I like it or not. :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5689892 -

spread your meals out to 6 times a day, every two hours. Keep your calorie intake high above 2500 and lift regularly. Lift hard (everything you have). Try doing some cheat curls for your biceps (curl the weight until its just before 90 degrees) this is a method arnold swartzenager used for biceps. All lift techniques should be performed slowly for maximal results. Try variations of pushups (fingertip, knuckle, wide arm, clappers, handstand...) Get two chairs put them side by side and do dips. There is more... just look up jailhouse workouts, sometimes inmates don't even have the privelage of a dumb bell... you have to improvise.


--------------------
- grimR


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody workout? [Re: grimR]
    #5689967 -

3 things u need to do:

1) eat more.  eat alot of protein carbs and fats.  Eat real food no candy shits.  Try to get in like 3000 calories a day.

2) Lift lift and lift.  Try getting a gym memebership and going there 3 times a week atleast.  Do compound excercises (where two joints are used to move weights, like bench press for example.)

3) get rest.

Consistency, dedication, food, rest.... and will.  You will get bigger arms, chest, legs, back... everything will go along with it if you put some time in.  I have skinny friends who try but fail everytime because they get lazy and expect to get ripped over night.  You need to put in time and just aim to get stronger.  As far as excersises go, theres much better places to learn about that stuff than here at the shroomery.

Good luck!  :laugh: :thumbup:


--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Has anyone ever snorted pre-workout energy supplements?
( 1 2 all )
Celestial Traveler 23,481 26 04/24/12 07:45 AM
by Bassfreak
* The ultimate natural health supplements
( 1 2 3 all )
Moonshoe 6,253 56 02/05/14 06:45 PM
by sirdonut
* Protein powder and pre-workout supplement causing male pattern baldness
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
lifeiswhatyoumake 5,871 83 03/26/15 11:51 PM
by Mr. Penguin
* Pre-workout supplements
( 1 2 3 all )
mrckb 3,391 43 09/01/12 09:18 PM
by The Vapor
* question for workout warriors future 1,285 19 12/18/07 12:43 AM
by kake
* The ultimate health supplements- the Adaptogenic Stack for Supreme vitality Moonshoe 4,531 1 02/02/14 02:51 PM
by Prisoner#1
* protein supplements
( 1 2 all )
morrowasted 1,509 21 12/19/14 09:41 AM
by morrowasted
* Work out? Post your workout and muscle pics! Moonshoe 646 8 12/18/14 11:22 AM
by SleepyE

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,624 topic views. 5 members, 3 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.