you guys shouldn't be trying to fix him.
Jeeeeeze.
Everything's a disorder. If you type tings like tings instead of "things" and teh instead of "the" it's probably a disorder. If you sit down in the shower it's probably a disorder. If you enjoy tantric masturbation and therefore have no sex drive for other humans it's probably a disorder. But could easily get up the arousal if you wanted to have sex with them, just you aren't a slave to your biology it's probably a disorder.
Hell if you perform shamanic drumming or let your hands automatically draw things for you (which I might add kind of scare me! they're pretty dark looking) it's probably a disorder. Experiencing spontaneous movement through being in tune with muscle memory while performing tai chi is probably a disorder.
Using psychedelic drugs for spiritual motivation is probably a disorder. Being an introvert is probably a disorder. Being healthy is probably a disorder.
Hmmm. Most of these things I do.
Anyway...... are you happy? if so, who the hell cares about anything else? Some people live their whole lives meditating and being largely silent and they are happier than anyone else in this forsaken reality ever could be. Some people spend their lives constantly partying and are probably damn happy too.
I hate idle chatter.... it HAS to pave way to something greater which implies a bond on some sort of level, physical, emotional, intellectual... humorus........ otherwise it's just a long worthless conversation about pop culture.... yeah that sandwich was good... i sure do like Quiznos..... and yeah it'd be cool to go out on a date I suppose...... no i don't really think she's hot..........
idle chitter is fine (yeah i said chitter) if it leads somewhere.... but if I were immersed in auto-drawing or drumming or dancing or trying to get in tune with my body via spontaneous movement and someone came up and tried to talk to me about South Park I'd be a little irked................ I relate completely.
See the hard thing is, some people may behave like "you" or "us" because they ARE depressed, but some may be behaving that way because it's how they truely are on the inside, and they are finally cutting free from pretending to be "normal" so that they can live at their own pace.
if you didn't interact at all with humans then i'd say hell, maybe that's an issue? But you know what, as aloof as I am, quiet, alienated..... I will .... be able to have a completely open conversation with you .... if I feel you are ON MY LEVEL....... I hang out with my old friends and they joke about violence and you know... typical things.... and maybe I'll throw in a dirty joke or a joke about drugs (and they all hate my drug use as they saw me freak out really bad on alcohol so want me to be sober) ...... but for the most part all I do is sit... listen.... and so people that don't know me well are always like "He's just sitting there like a bump on a log" well what do you say? You know? Generally if I have something to say... I say it.
There is nothing worse than speaking yet ... you AREN'T SAYING ANYTHING ... I immediately feel the hollowness of artifical forced words, laughs, gestures.... pierce my soul. It's so hollow... artificial.... haha-yah-hah! Why be like that if you don't mean it? I am what I mean, to my biggest capacity. I could use some fostering of more extroverted qualities, perhaps by being really goofy and random and odd to people.......
but ........................... hell. I am how I should be. Many people aren't in tune with what they are, but rather with playing social games. I love interaction with people who love interaction and seem in tune on higher levels, frequencies, chakras...... more in line with altruistic love by default and intellectual pursuits...... than those who are more in tune with lower socially sanctioned drives.
With them... they talk about girls. Fucking. Drinking. Generally not trippping. Sports. Sports. Sports. TV. What do I have to say? I dont like the matrix very much.... people who consider it real life.... hell..... I'll talk to them if I can..... if I feel the drive to, but......
does this make me disordered? I'm on the path toward eventual liberation and currently in a period of self-discovery where I'm living for ME, not for other people.... is that a disorder?
consider Metta.... I believe a state of constant overwhelming joy and thankfulness toward the most basic of comforts that life has provided you, a certain state of illumination along the Buddhist path..... now .... take Buddhism out of the equation and this person is just a "nutjob" to societies eyes.... they are sentimental about being able to have toilet paper. I say that's amazing, that you feel blessed to be able to eat, sleep, and this thankfulness permeates your entire being... transforming you. I say, that's SANITY...... all this stuff, we are so lucky to have. But take the religion away, just look at the behavior, someone would say "this person is manic!"
-------------------- I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!
....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!
Edited by leery11 (04/06/06 09:50 AM)
|