Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Synesthesia and Deja Vu
    #5449620 -

I recently had a discussion with a freind of mine who is involved in nueroscience about synesthesia. Although it is only one particular theory, he postulates that when you hear colors or feel images this is the result of a certain part of your brain wrongly encoding or labelling information (electrical impulse patterns). Some part of your brain is responsible for organizing what information gets sent where through a process of encoding. When a sound accidentally gets encoded as visual, the sound pattern then gets sent to the visual processor and turns up as a visual.

More vivid visual or auditory hallucinations probobly come from the mental senses being processed as real/external stimuli, so visualizations become visuals and imagined sounds become heard sounds. Of course this is a little more rare.

My thought was that deja-vu is probobly the same thing, except it is a labeling error in regard to time. A present moment gets incorrectly labelled as a past moment and insantly it becomes a past moment, at least it FEELS like a past moment because it has been identified as such.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synesthesia and Deja Vu [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #5449640 -

damn double post

Edited by wery67564 (03/27/06 11:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synesthesia and Deja Vu [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #5449643 -

Another theory on that, since humans ,in my opinion,don't have a closed moment to moment concept of time, is that the brain absorbs the input, "stalls" for a second, resulting in catching ones breath, racing heart, blank look of confusion and then resolution into, wow, I totally had deja vu.

but maybe i'm wrong, i mean i am an idiot...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synesthesia and Deja Vu [Re: wery67564]
    #5449773 -

I think synesthesia happens all the time, only your brain filters out junk information so you can be sane and understand whats going on. When you take psychedelics and see colors/hear sounds, you're inhibiting the brain's filter, and therefore are able to watch your brain create your reality. Synesthesias seem like a side-effect of data-organization/display.

If you really pay attention, you'll notice that synesthesia is happening all the time. I've noticed that I have assigned colors to notes of the scale. C is silver, D is yellow, E is red, F is black, G is green, a is white, b is purple. Its always been that way, since I was little. Why? I don't know. The brain is a mystery. Also, dial tone is brown.


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synesthesia and Deja Vu [Re: Noviseer]
    #5449780 -

I always have thought that deja vu happened when something went directly into long term memory without touching short term memory. Then because this processing error happened, you recall the long term memory you just created and it enters the short term memory resulting in the feeling of "wtf, did that just happen again?"


--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synesthesia and Deja Vu [Re: wery67564]
    #5453363 -

Kind of like when your heart skips a beat and then thumps really hard to compensate.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Synesthesia and Deja Vu [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #5453372 -

YELLOW TASTES GOOD WHILE BROWN DOES NOT


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Deja Vu Robo 1,107 15 12/19/07 02:38 PM
by opensaysme
* you ever had deja vu, about a deja vu ant61 1,037 12 01/02/04 09:50 PM
by annielicious
* deviant deja vu? 40oz 643 6 01/25/06 01:34 AM
by wrestler_az
* Deja Vu collegeshroom 905 8 01/19/05 11:13 PM
by collegeshroom
* Weather and Deja Vu mikebart101 467 0 03/20/07 02:32 PM
by mikebart101
* Synesthesia Music Video melodia 756 7 07/29/08 07:23 PM
by danlennon3
* TCCWiki and you (new drug information community, mycologists needed!) Shadowstar 3,454 13 08/15/08 05:06 PM
by fallenlsd
* information junkies Simisu 1,196 10 09/10/06 11:29 AM
by taco

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,176 topic views. 5 members, 14 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.