Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I got to look under the hood of a Honda today...
    #5360580 -

Automotive Technology class. Since all the cars we work on belong to the students in our class that they bring into the shop, we get to see a nicely diverse bunch of cars. The guy whose brakes, suspension, and steering I inspected had a '96 Accura Integra. About 350,000 miles on it.

Open the trunk to check the master cylinder and brake lines (first time I've seen the innards of a Honda before), and damn... honda engines are nice. I mean, it's just nice. Cramped yes, but all modern cars are that way. It also just looks bloody slick, too. This is the same engine that was in that car 350 thousand miles ago, and the same engine from 12 years ago. That fucker is organized, clean, and it sounds just the way an engine should. I'm impressed.

Yet another reason that I want a Honda (aside from the fact that they're a reliable and well constructed car).


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5360584 -

I completely agree. Two of the best cars I've ever had were Hondas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5360589 -

my toyota runs like a champ and i only paid 450 for it :laugh:


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Dobie]
    #5360620 -

Yeah, Honda is OK, but Toyota is the hands down winner when it comes to reliability, fuel efficiency, long car life, and cheap to maintain! Well here in NZ that is the case anyway. 90% of the cars I come across that have done more than 300,000 km are Toyotas. You still see an absolute shitload of mid-80's Toyota corolla's and stuff around here, but not so many Honda's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: zee_werp]
    #5360631 -

alot of american engines can do 200,000 + easy if thier taken care of right, its just the transmissions and drivetrains that die after like 100,000. my favorite is the GM 3.8L. in a bonneville ssei.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: fresh313]
    #5360633 -

That's why I want to do my road trip in a civic. Plus there's enough room to sleep in the back.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: zee_werp]
    #5360638 -

My Toyota is all old and beat down looking on the outside and has probably 150k+ miles or something, yet it still runs and hardly uses any gas. I can fill the tank for 1/3 the price it takes to fill my Lincoln.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: zee_werp]
    #5360674 -

zee_werp said:
Yeah, Honda is OK, but Toyota is the hands down winner when it comes to reliability, fuel efficiency, long car life, and cheap to maintain! Well here in NZ that is the case anyway. 90% of the cars I come across that have done more than 300,000 km are Toyotas. You still see an absolute shitload of mid-80's Toyota corolla's and stuff around here, but not so many Honda's.



Toyota has a pretty nice 2-year technical program at my school to train technicians. And from what I hear Toyota is a good employer as well as a good carmaker. It'd be tempting to go that route and get a job with them.

And in addition, Snap-On (the best damn automotive tool maker in america) is generous enough to provide a 50% discount on tools purchased by automotive students at my college. To be honest it's quite tempting to switch gears and go for that opportunity. I could get some fine training as a technician, and at the same time manage to get a decent set of Snap-On tools for half-price. And a 50% discount on something as valuable as a set of snap-on tools is a LOT of money to save. That's a pretty good start for a technician career.

Of course, to balance things out after the pleasure of working with that Honda... I showed up to a chemistry exam 15 minutes late and covered in brake dust  :smirk:


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5360678 -

Konnrade said:
honda engines are nice. I mean, it's just nice. Cramped yes, but all modern cars are that way.



hondas are really not that cramped compared to a ford or chevy v-8, in fact hondas
aer probably the easiest cars to work on out all of the computer controlled vehicels

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5360684 -

true heres a ford

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: goobler]
    #5360694 -

goobler said:
true heres a ford




Engines like that make me long for the days of helping my dad under the hood of his '74 Datsun 240z. It's almost as though they wanted enough room in there for the engine to feel comfortable :tongue:


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: goobler]
    #5360701 -

goobler said:
true heres a ford




forced induction engines dont count.

this one is naturaly asperated


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5360704 -

:razz:

poopypants

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: goobler]
    #5360711 -

goobler said:
:razz:

poopypants



lets talk about the way things oughta be :smirk:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: zee_werp]
    #5360715 -

zee_werp said:
Yeah, Honda is OK, but Toyota is the hands down winner when it comes to reliability, fuel efficiency, long car life, and cheap to maintain!



I agree


--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5360717 -

" I was just relaxin' gainst that thur tree when all o sudden Pris came along"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: goobler]
    #5360721 -

you still owe me $2 for that 'favor'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5360729 -

you still have my leopard panties, form the time I was at your house...I say even steven

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: goobler]
    #5360734 -

I still have your wallet too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got to look under the hood of a Honda today... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5360736 -

Prisoner#1 said:
I still have your wallet too.



Can you spare a quarter? :hobo:


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Turbocharging a Honda Civic
( 1 2 all )
WhiskeyClone 3,954 24 07/06/06 11:16 PM
by lavod
* Damn ricer cars
( 1 2 3 all )
Konnrade 4,071 42 05/13/06 04:53 PM
by theuser
* honda broke down Phychotron 1,037 11 01/21/06 11:45 PM
by lemon_lw
* Formula one Engine (this is music to my ears)
( 1 2 all )
Liquid_Dimension 3,967 35 07/27/07 01:45 PM
by Prisoner#1
* My '92 Honda Accord Droz 744 8 11/11/04 05:37 PM
by felix
* Any automotive honda people? Thisfire 343 8 03/17/10 12:02 AM
by Thisfire
* Help me figure out how to get a car, with no engine, from detroit to chicago ZippoZM 1,095 18 11/07/05 12:33 PM
by ZippoZ
* im about to buy a honda civic...need advice mushman18 406 9 07/24/10 07:55 AM
by mushman18

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,666 topic views. 4 members, 9 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.