Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
harvesting and dosage
    #5335112 -

I know this has been covered thousands of times but the fact is that I dont have a scale and wont be able to get one until later next month (gotta save up the pennies!) my question is it true its better to harvest them before the veil breaks for printing? and also how many mushies should I consume? They are P. Cubensis amazonian strain about 2 and 2 1/2 inches long and pencil thick. The caps are between the size of a nickel and quarter in diameter.

This also is going to be my first trip so Im aiming at a level 1 or 2

help? :smirk: :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: DICK]
    #5335122 -

I would take a bet that each one of those 2 1/2 inch shroomies would be around 4-6 grams wet each.  That would roughly correlate to 0.4-0.6 grams dry.

Your first trip shouldn't be a 1 or a 2.  Make it a 3-4.  Will be much more fun.  :grin:  So munch about 5 of them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: Flippetdlongtime]
    #5335151 -

I dunno, man... there's nothing wrong with starting slow. I'd advise you only eat like 1.5g or so, and keep another .5 in case you want to eat it a ways in. You never know how strongly they'll effect you, and it's better to get your feet wet with a light trip your first time than trying to brave rapids when you don't know how to swim.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5335162 -

ha theirs a scale at a local store maybe I should 'secretly' weight them there... :P

hm, so maybe 2 mushies in tea or eaten is my best bet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: DICK]
    #5335184 -

if you live near any office depot or anything of the sort, go in and ask for postal scales. they're like $.70

-n-


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: DICK]
    #5335191 -

Yeah, I'd say eat 2 or 3. That's what I would do in your situation at least. I mean you can dive in head first like flipped suggested, but I just feel that's begging for a bad trip.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: mycoprog]
    #5335193 -

Just weigh them out. Its damn near impossible to guess the dose by looking.


--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: Flippetdlongtime]
    #5335198 -

Flippetdlongtime said:
Your first trip shouldn't be a 1 or a 2.  Make it a 3-4.  Will be much more fun.  :grin:  So munch about 5 of them.



That's not very good advice bro. Some people have more of a natural tolerance than others. The last thing you want to do is have a bad trip with your first experience.


--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: FooMan]
    #5335236 -

just make a scale... all you need is a stick, something to balance it on, and nickels (5 grams exactly)...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: AliceDee]
    #5335286 -

hm, never thought about making a scale of my own... Ill try that. Also I dont have desiccant or a food dehydrator right now.. Will a fan or putting it on a oven at 45 do? (I read this somewhere) and how long would it be for fan/oven?? (wow, cant believe Im so close! :smile:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: DICK]
    #5335319 -

A fan will work. I used that before I got my food dehydrator.


--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #5335336 -

Fan will take 3 days atleast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: Atheist]
    #5335344 -

Even after 3 days, they still didn't feel cracker dry. Just bendable...try 4 or 5 days.


--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: Atheist]
    #5335345 -

you don't have to dry them to eat them you know... lol.. so really you're not close, you're there, you're ready.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: Atheist]
    #5335349 -

yikes!!

I have 5 bucks and a goodwill nearby... Maybe I can get myself a dehydrator or a scale... If its more than what I have its time to put my charm to good use :p

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: DICK]
    #5335399 -

damn 5 days by fan well guess cause i live in A and it has not rained here in my city in something like 150something days and the humi is from 5-15% mine dry alot afters


--------------------

?¿
¿?
I don't really grow mushrooms I just act like it to be coo.
?¿
¿?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: joker_66599]
    #5335425 -

:mushroom2:  Just eat them fresh.  They don't stick in your teeth, I believe they taste better that way, and I got a much cleaner trip off of fresh.  :mushroom2:


-Kingboomer


--------------------


I'm just a clown dancing to the sins of mankind.

-Captain Spaulding

Back in business
Cake wars III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: kingboomer]
    #5335459 -

I put 'em on a rack and let the exaust fan from my PC's power supply blow across them. Takes about 36 hours to dry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: harvesting and dosage [Re: Ecwfrk]
    #5335483 -

actually fresh is the way I want to go but then Ill have to work on the mushroom schedule not mine... Know what I mean?

I heard they cn be store fresh on the fridge for a week witout damage, this true? That way I can find a day and friend to trip with.

(most likely than not its just gonna be me alone I think)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* After I harvested jsims88 708 4 04/26/05 08:08 PM
by ralphie
* Biggest Harvest
( 1 2 3 all )
THEDANGLER 5,138 41 11/03/04 11:27 PM
by AhronZombi
* When should i harvest? NoodleSalad 647 6 11/11/04 02:08 AM
by scatmanrav
* Harvesting and drying questions... JuanPacoLopez 1,863 2 10/08/01 01:05 PM
by Anonymous
* The secret of HUGE shrooms! Right in our face?
( 1 2 all )
du_Rag_scotland 7,813 24 02/04/03 12:49 AM
by mikejwill
* Harvesting problem... Grok 584 2 01/29/04 12:37 AM
by andyrm66
* Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? myndreach 93,974 19 07/18/05 09:30 PM
by BetaDelta
* fruiting chamber and harvest time thisone 2,375 7 11/13/02 04:50 PM
by dog

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
852 topic views. 15 members, 82 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.