Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycolaureat
mycophyle

Re: The secret of HUGE shrooms! Right in our face? [Re: du_Rag_scotland]
    #1273468 - 02/03/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

the secret of huge shrooms:
- using bulk substrate; straw/manure composts
- growing in the proper temperature and humidity range
- continuous water and oxygen supplie

(less primordia = bigger shrooms)IMO

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #1273518 - 02/03/03 07:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So, the potency of mature vs. young specimens is a subjective issue that nobody will agree on. Ok, I think age does make a difference. And to clarify the reference to what Ryche had to say, unless he?s changed his mind, he has always noted a difference in potency with maturity. He has often stated that there wasn?t a noticable difference between an un-upened veil and one that just opened the day before. But he, like nearly anyone I know, admits that a shroom that has been sitting with an open veil, dropping spores for a week is much less potent by weight than an immature specimen.

Anyway, original post
Quote:

So what I am saying is that if someone is growing shrooms then as long as they don?t pick the shrooms and keep the cake wet and inject some honey water into it now and again for food you could grow HUGE shrooms

This is not true. Huge shrooms are formed by genetics, food availability, moisture availability, mass of colonized substrate and environmental conditions. The nature of the shroom is not to continue to grow indefinitely after the cap opens. Sometimes they can increase in size noticably, an inch or more. But they won?t double or quadruple in size. In other words, yes if you simply want bigger shrooms, then harvest after the veil has broken.

If you?ve ever grown shrooms before, doubtlessly you have accidentally had a shroom over-mature on you. They just don?t get any bigger once the cap has become plane. And after the cap turns up, potency will be noticably less by nearly everyone. If you are going for size or weight, harvest when the cap is plane, but know that some thing potency will be diminished.

This cap had just barely opened. It might have gotten slightly larger if left for another day.

This shroom is mature, and is as large as it possibly could grow. If it had been left unharvested, the cap would have upturned, but it would not have gotten any larger.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: du_Rag_scotland]
    #1276133 - 02/03/03 11:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Anonymous

Re: The secret of HUGE shrooms! Right in our face? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1276143 - 02/04/03 12:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm.... Nothing?

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Loc: Midwest,usa
    #1276185 - 02/04/03 12:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i think your right. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags