Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

fruiting chamber and harvest time
    #1049675 - 11/13/02 03:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

does the fruiting chamber need to have only light coming in from the top because I have a tubberware container that is see through on all sides. Using it as an incubator but figure it can double as chamber. Should I just buy a 5 dollar black one and cut a hole in the top for light? Also when exactly are you supposed to harvest. I have heard the term flushes where a lot grow at the same time. Also heard that you pick em just after the veil breaks. What if this doesn't happen at the same time? I'm far from this stage but I figured I'd start asking now and get as much information as I can.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroom-Nuff
Freedom Fighter
Re: fruiting chamber and harvest time [Re: thisone]
    #1049725 - 11/13/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

read the FAQ,s

--------------------
Read the FAQ's FIRST if it aint there then ask...you lazy piece of shit!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1049745 - 11/13/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Light coming in from only the top will make your mushies grow straight up. Light coming in from the sides will make them grow every which way.

The best time to harvest is a matter of opinion.  :grin: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: fruiting chamber and harvest time [Re: dog]
    #1049770 - 11/13/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

do most people want them just growing one way or do they want them every which way?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

OfflineShroom-Nuff
Freedom Fighter
    #1049783 - 11/13/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

worry about getting them to grow first..then worry about where they grow ...first off your incubator shouldnt be clear...you dont want the mycelium recieving any light....us e the clear one as a fruiting chamber and the black one as an incubator...

--------------------
Read the FAQ's FIRST if it aint there then ask...you lazy piece of shit!

Edited by Shroom-Nuff (11/13/02 04:07 PM)

Invisibledog
straw dog

#1049803 - 11/13/02 04:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Having them all grow the same direction helps create a uniform crop and makes them easier to harvest.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: fruiting chamber and harvest time [Re: dog]
    #1049805 - 11/13/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

do you pick them one at a time as soon as one is ready or wait for a whole bunch to be there before picking?

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

#1049915 - 11/13/02 04:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The majority of the crop is usually ready for harvest at about the same time. I pick the ones that are ready and give the rest an additional 24-36 hours max.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix