Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Big Contest coming your way!
    #530649 -

Just a little tease, but with the recent start of our Server Fundraiser we will be teaming up with many of your favorite vendors to have a chance at winning lots of cool prizes, and most importantly help us buy our own server.... No more slow speeds on this board, just think how nice that will be :smile:

The big announcement is coming up this weekend.

Of course if you want to help out by donating from the goodness of  your heart, feel free to @ http://www.shroomery.org/donations/

All I ask is if you feel this site is valuable to you and has in some way helped you out, then scrape up some cash and help us improve this site massively.

Thanks everyone! :smile: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Thor]
    #530684 -

Out of curiosity, what type of server are you looking to purchase?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: homebrew]
    #530694 -

I'll direct 3dshroom to answer that, but we are building our own, so its not a dell, IBM or anything like that..

Heres a rough draft of the components so far that have been picked out:
(RAM) 1GB DDR PC2100 Registered ECC- $400
(Processor) (2) AMD Athlon MP 1800+ (1.53 GHz) 266FSB - $520
(Motherboard) Tyan Tiger MP Dual Athlon MP AMD; 760MP chipset; 266Mhz FSB - $190
(Hard drive) Seagate Cheetah 36.7GB 15k RPM 3.7MS Ultra160 SCSI Hard Drive - $550
(SCSI Adapter) Adaptec AHA-39160 Ultra 160 SCSI Card - $240
(Ethernet card) 3Com? EtherLink? Server 10/100 PCI Network Interface Card with 3XP Processor - $110


We are counting on suggestions from the community, not to mention we are hoping to find better deals through the many connections that this community has :smile:

So don't be shy if you have any better ideas, suggestions.

By the way, we had 2 donations of $10 shortly after I posted this!! MAD Thanks to Crabtree and HateCamel!

Come on everyone, lets kick ass and get this server soon! No more slow shroomery :smile: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Thor]
    #530701 -

I've been out of the computing/networking biz for about 2.5 yrs (thats about 15 in computer years) now. My mind automatically jumped to SPARC stations when I read server; just amazing what the PC world has done in the last couple of yrs. BTW you can count on what I can spare; I never would have started this wonderful hobby if I hadn't stumbled upon the shroomery.

Peace,
homebrew

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: homebrew]
    #530814 -

ill send some $$ on tuesday ok ---wife gets payed then..unless u wanna wait until my monkey harvests then $$ wont be so tite..lol
peace guys
-Lee


--------------------
I swear those mushrooms are going on my pizza officer!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Thor]
    #530827 -

Thor in my business I purchased over 200 pc's and 4 servers in the year 2001. That is good prices you are getting. Would you mind sending me a PM as to the vendor you are using?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: SouthernGent]
    #530861 -

Just my .02 Thor...

Try www.cyberpowerinc.com

I've used them several times (when I didn't feel like piecing together systems for family, friends, etc.) the quality is fantastic, the turnaround time is great and they are very friendly. They are out in Cali. somewhere and no, I don't work for them! 8 ] Worth a look at least.

I'd love to be able to send you guys some $$, but I couldn't afford to buy a sick monkey a light breakfast right now... lolz

Good luck and peas to all...


b

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: sloluva]
    #530885 -

cheap computer hardware = www.robotnik.com

compare... I've never found cheaper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #530918 -

the always fair price www.pricewatch.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Buster]
    #530971 -

Lo
Just a curiosity question: Which platform will you be running on this lovely machine?

Duss69


--------------------
Support the FSRE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: duss69]
    #531012 -

Linux.. it must be.. I will lose all respect for the shroomery otherwise :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Buster]
    #531028 -

Newegg.com seems to be the most popular online vendor among the gaming community.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Thor]
    #531067 -

Sun Solaris
Cobalt RaQ4
Nt
and red hat servers all prove to provide the essentials.. Nt servers are very common, and can handle cgi-pearl 5 scripts quite well, but asfar as stability goes, unix based is the way to go. as far as transfer goes, a pentium 166 can handle more than enough bandwidth. I was hosted on a 233, and was able to pull more than 3 gigs of b/w a day with no prob. But when heavy scripts are introduced, ya really need the resources..

And no its not a mistake or a misprint. 3 gigs a day was an average day with 40k plus unique visitors a day..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: CrabTree]
    #531559 -

He is right about the teaser, there is so much shit going up it is not funny. The estimate I heard was about $2,500 worth of products. Hope you people get paid today, there is alot of nice stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #531754 -

>Linux.. it must be.. I will lose all respect for the shroomery >otherwise

100 % agree :smile:)
Imagine the Horror=> The Shroomery is brought to you by .NET!!!
Argh....lol

++
Duss


--------------------
Support the FSRE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Contest coming your way! [Re: duss69]
    #532929 -

newegg.com is the best place i've been to. Here's what I paid for my components about a month ago.

256 PC2100 DDR RAM (2 units @ 53 each)
AMD 1700+ - 153
Epox (make some of the best motherboards out there) 8KHA+ - 105

Those prices are a little better than the ones posted, just thought I'd let ya know


--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

Edited by Papa_Smurf (01/27/02 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* *Spore Syringe Contest, Anyone can Win!!!* bluhoney 1,411 4 07/21/01 12:01 PM
by bluhoney
* NEWBIES CONTEST!!! **winners**
( 1 2 all )
Mattycelium 3,652 23 07/04/08 03:50 AM
by coda
* can you chop straw with a food processor? e7c 1,535 5 05/04/04 05:35 PM
by Mykey
* Foggy Mountain Farms Comes Through....HUGE!
( 1 2 all )
Peyotl 3,370 28 04/27/02 03:34 AM
by Barbi
* Contest!!! Be an Agar Star
( 1 2 3 4 all )
egghead 9,201 68 05/27/01 03:33 PM
by m0ck5
* **Contest** Want to try filter patch bags?
( 1 2 3 all )
egghead 7,307 48 07/12/01 11:17 PM
by bluhoney
* *CONTEST* best humidity tek
( 1 2 all )
aluminum_can 4,060 24 07/23/01 02:38 AM
by 40oz
* Agar Contest Winners egghead 2,005 13 05/29/01 06:55 AM
by Datrutankdogg69

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,400 topic views. 16 members, 155 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.