Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Small finds
    #5291497 -

Hey everyone. I went out to my local park area today needing to clear my mind, and it turned into a hunt. Within 10 minutes of walking, I found my first fungus growing there.




There were a few other trees around the area with the same type, but they were much much bigger, some as long as 6" and as wide as 2". I have also found similar, smaller fungi growing about 20-25 miles away from here in another park.

Now, here is what really surprised me.








These were growing on some cut down logs used as railing. I looked through my field guide and found many different varieties that look similar to this. If you look at picture 4, you can see some of the bark from the logs. I don't think it's active, but I want to catalog all the mushrooms that grow in my area. I'm going to attempt to take a spore print of the cap that hasn't flipped up yet, but I doubt I'll get much. I'm surprised to have found these as the temperature has been at or below freezing for the last week, and there has been a mixture of snow and rain...in fact, it snowed on me while I was out there. Any help iding these would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: It erased some of my post...


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Edited by demius (02/12/06 01:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Small finds [Re: demiu5]
    #5291527 -

We will need a spore print and your location to make an educated guess.

It looks kinda like a deadly galerina, or maybe Flammulina velutipes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Small finds [Re: shroomydan]
    #5291588 -

I was having problems finding a zone map...after searching...I believe I am in zone 6b, USA.


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Edited by demius (02/12/06 04:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Small finds [Re: shroomydan]
    #5294981 -

Here are some pics of the one print I got.




I hope at least one of those is decent enough to help identify. Thanks a bunch.


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Small finds [Re: demiu5]
    #5295051 -

gosh... based on the picture alone I would have leaned toward Flammulina however that spore print would seem to indicate Galerina.
Don't eat it! not active in a pleasant manner unless you consider dying a painful death fun!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Small finds [Re: georgeM]
    #5295076 -

I was pretty sure it wasn't active, and I had no intentions of eating. I am wanting to keep a personal record of the mushrooms I find growing in my area, and so far I've only found these two types, but I want to get as close to a correct listing as possible. Thank you for checking it out.


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Flammulina velutipes spores 1,735 7 12/30/04 10:25 AM
by GGreatOne234
* Flammulina Velutipes?? Funkey 3,085 12 11/13/03 03:01 AM
by Funkey
* Flammulina velutipes weiliiiiiii 1,371 10 11/24/08 09:23 PM
by cactu
* Fuzzy Foot? Enoki? Flammulina velutipes? *DELETED* Morelman 2,027 2 10/04/07 11:45 PM
by ToxicMan
* Wisconsin find YidakiMan 1,497 4 04/20/03 06:02 PM
by YidakiMan
* train a dog to find Ps. Zen Peddler 2,305 9 12/24/01 01:00 PM
by razer
* Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come)
( 1 2 all )
Lizard King 9,112 28 08/21/03 12:20 PM
by Snobrdr311
* why cant i find shrooms in missouri boomer420 7,610 16 04/15/03 10:07 AM
by Gumby

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
733 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 41 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.