Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come) [Re: whole9]
    #1831669 - 08/19/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Right on bro! You still finding any Cubes down there along that highway?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come) [Re: Lizard King]
    #1831672 - 08/19/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Lk -- wait till spring man.. they fruit during fall but very little and far between.. in spring there everywhere!

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come) [Re: Fungushungry]
    #1835926 - 08/21/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

LizardKing 'Yep, that was all of them out there. And I agree, they do look alot like weilii. In my honest opinion, Ps. weilii, Ps. caerulescens, and Ps. caerulipes are all one and the same with slight variances. I think mycologists are just quick to jump the gun sometimes and call something new. Weilii can vary in size, shape, and color so dramatically most would never make the connection from one form to the next as being the same sepcies. I gurantee you if you sent in different collections of weilii, trying to get as many forms as possible, some mycologist somehwere would say there is a mixed collection of many closely related species but with markable differences under a microscope. Guzman is now saying that half the weilii sent in by the atlantis discoverer from a neighborhood Ladle and I both pick in, have been determined to be Ps. caerulescens. I just don't buy much of what these guys put out there.
I guess I'll deposit these to the UGA professor and have them sent to Guzman as suspect Ps. caerulipes specimens, and see what he comes up with. I wish Paul would work more with Psilos, or atleast someone besides Guzman.'

I couldnt agree more - finally some common sense! Having spent the past four years studying specimens from locations all over Australia of Ps.subaeruginosa, other New Zealand Psilocybes and Ps.cyanescens from europe and the United States, I was struck by the variations within each of these groups both macroscopically and microscopically.
Id say that Ps.Weilli/Ps.Zapotecorum/Ps.Caerulescens are all tending to range between the characteristics of each other in the same way that Ps.australiana/Ps.eucalypta/Ps.subaeruginosa which were later demonstrated to be the same species.
Id like to compare Ps.aucklandii to weilli - as it is apparently nearly identical to Ps.zapotecorum - delineated purely because of its location.
As for Guzman - he lives in a fantasy world - he spends a week in a country and delineates one species into four... But has no comment when ever mycologist in Australia that I am aware of refutes outright all of his findings...

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come) [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1835930 - 08/21/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Those look very similar to Ps.subaeruginosa. Id love for Teonan or someone to post some pics of those from under a scope!

--------------------

Anonymous

#1836197 - 08/21/03 03:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come) [Re: ]
    #1836283 - 08/21/03 05:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, I'm going to quit assuming and see if I can borrow a microscopre from my old high school(me and the science teach were good friends)

How many spores of how many collections of weilii have been put under a microscope and measured? As highly as Ps. weilii can vary physically, I am confidently guessing they are highly variable under a microscope, and I bet I can find spceimens of weilii with spores in the size range described for Ps. caerulipes. I have also found weilii occasionally growing from wood, and I'm sure Ps. caerulipes will grow from a ground rich in wood debris. My point isn't that they are identically the same, but that they are likely closely related. Like how there are so many variants of Ps. caerulescens in Mexico. I have always said that Ps. caerulescens and weilii are one in the same, and I stand by that. Had weilii been found in mexico it would have been just another variant of caerulescens, its found here in the US and is named a new species. Now Guzman is saying that half the collections here in GA are actually Ps. caerulescens and not Ps. weilii.

I know pictures can only tell so much, but the pic of pauls in PMOTW of caerulescens is defintiely the same exact mushrooms I pick here in GA, atleast one of the varieties I find, some weilii look completely different.

I have only recently started thinking caerulipes might be another one of these variants because of the pics posted here of it this year. Maybe I am off on this assumption. The two pics I posted first before posting my pics, look to be 100% physically identical to Ps. weilii. Especially the second pic of MJs that I posted, that picture couldn't look more like weilii. Is this the picture your talking about, the one taken from MJ? I can show you a thousands pics of weilii that look just like MJs pic, I mean identical.

I got lots more to say, but am very tired this morning and not thinking or typing clearly. Let me wake up and organize some thoughts.

So whats your opinion on the mushrooms I found Mr. mushrooms?

LK,

--------------------

Anonymous

#1836305 - 08/21/03 06:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come) [Re: ]
    #1836694 - 08/21/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

stupid question here.......

do ps. caerulipes have the same distinct smell as ps. weilii? also, have any other species migrated or broadened to a different habitat before?

being a weilii picker myself, i have to concur that they sure do look very similar

sub

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Possible Ps. caerulipes find (pics to come) [Re: subterranean]
    #1837196 - 08/21/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I hear Weilii have a strong musty odor to them.  Pretty distinctive from what I hear.  The similarities are cool to research and read about, but shit I just wanna eat some of them.  :smile:  I hear they're as strong as Azures or Cyans.  Wasn't it GG that said they had him tripping for like 3 days? 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck