Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomers
Stranger
Need a few Answers and our suggestions.
    #524779 - 01/18/02 06:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

A freind of a friend has this buddy, and he has embarked on a quest to grow a few shrooms. He innoculated 10 Jars on the 7th of Jan and placed them in a styrofoam cooler to incubate with the temps ranging from 75-80 deg. Hawian strain.

Colonization seems to be taking off fast, a few of the jars seem to be at 75-80 percent colonized in about a week in a half. So far so good right?

Ok this dude is going to remove the tape from the lids tonight...does that sound right? Is this a good idea, or should he just leave them alone since they are doing so good?

Ok next how will this guy know when to birth these cakes? It is his first atttempt at growing, and he has heard three weeks for complete colonisation. They look real close right now, should he wait another week and a half, is there some kind of definate sign? Help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thirdly, This crazy cat has a pretty good idea on using the cake method, but has a few questions he wanted me to pass on. His tempature in his apartment ranges in the 60's...is this too cold to fruit? Like I siad the incubation chamber is at 75-80 and they will than be placed in a colder envirment. Not sure if this too cold?

One more and I promise I am done. Some of the cakes will be left as cakes. Some will be cased using the casing for dummies tech. Just wondering if I will need perlite or if the vermiculite will be enough for the humidity?

He has read a ton of techs, reads all of your posts, and just needs to straighten out a few things......his colonization has gone sooo sweet, he just does not want to turn it all sour now.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
"They hate you if you're clever and they dispise a fool"

http://w1.736.telia.com/~u73602493/flashback.html

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: Need a few Answers and our suggestions. [Re: shroomers]
    #524794 - 01/18/02 06:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i'll answer your first few since im in a hurry.
Removing the tape isnt altogether a bad i dea, it will increase oxygen and speed growth. I usually wait until the growth slows up a little before i remove.

Birth 3-4 days after the cake is completely colonized, or wait a week if you the center of the cake isnt fully colonized. I would be especially careful of the cakes you plan to case because the complete cakes can complete colonization in the terrarium. You may want to delay birthing on those.

Offlineshroomers
Stranger
Re: Need a few Answers and our suggestions. [Re: fresh357]
    #526054 - 01/20/02 01:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Come on, I know there are many of you out there that can help with the info needed.

--------------------
"They hate you if you're clever and they dispise a fool"

http://w1.736.telia.com/~u73602493/flashback.html

Offlinefresh357
addict

#526067 - 01/20/02 01:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the temp is lower than perfect....will they still grow? probably but growth will be slowed up a lot.

as for the humidity, you should elaborate on the setup you are using..what sort of terrarium

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #526076 - 01/20/02 01:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You will need perlite or a humidifier. Is sound like a
container of water with a heater and a bubble stone
might be ideal for you. I have read success stories
using a heat pad under terrarium. Try searching
"heat pad" .Hope that helps. Good luck!

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation