Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Accurate Hygrometer?
    #5220432 -

I can't seem to find a dial hygrometer (LCD only, which is usually 2x as much) or one that has an accuracy range above 80 for that matter. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might get a good thermometer/hygrometer for a decent price? Any specific sponsors perhaps? Both Osh and Home Depot near me have horrible selections. Thanks.


--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: Solidcell]
    #5220499 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: Blek]
    #5220675 -

Some people had complaints that this one burnt out quick, but after months of use, its still ticking. Bought it at a petstore for $7.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: FungusMan]
    #5220796 -

Or go to a cigar shop and for ten bucks, get an analog model that can be calibrated.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5221327 -

Oh man, the only problem I just thought of is that I'm going to be making 3 FCs with Wronguy's Double Tub Tek: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=boxes&Number=4323984&page=0&fpart=1

So should I get one and suppose the others are about the same RH or is the only way to get one per chamber (I'd rather not spend the extra 20)?


--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: Solidcell]
    #5221333 -

you really dont need a hygrometer for a double tub, hell, you really dont need one at all.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: coda]
    #5221349 -

YESSSSSS!!! That's what I was hoping to hear. Awesome, that made my day. Thanks!


--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: Solidcell]
    #5221448 -

Since I won't be needing a hygrometer, I'm only going to need a thermometer to get the incubator to 83F, any suggestions on the cheapest route to go?


--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: Solidcell]
    #5221452 -

you can buy the kind you stick on an aquarium for next to nothing.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: Solidcell]
    #5221634 -

Where would you recommend putting it in the tub to get a good overall reading?


--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Accurate Hygrometer? [Re: Solidcell]
    #5221901 -

you can put it somewhere between the heat source (heat bomb, etc) and the coldest spot, to get an accurate reading, or if you heat your entire room, you can put it anywhere in the FC


--------------------
----------------------------------------------------

THERE IS NO SPOON
----------------------------------------------------
My first trip VVVVVVVV
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5240648/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Good Hygrometer/Thermometer Closetwerx 3,534 10 11/07/01 03:53 PM
by mycologist
* Question about hygrometer, thermometer, other hardware too. mushroomhunter10 1,540 10 11/02/08 12:08 AM
by djflipnautikz
* hygrometer / thermometer help plz btronson 1,632 8 05/18/07 07:34 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Which hygrometer/thermometer is better? bum 2,396 13 04/05/02 06:03 AM
by sixpac440
* Digital hygrometer/thermometer Joshua 1,249 4 12/26/01 11:18 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* hygrometer/thermometer TheStudent 374 0 11/28/05 08:46 PM
by TheStudent
* Recommended hygrometer/thermometer? Land_Crab 3,212 8 08/30/04 11:57 AM
by hyphae
* So annoyed with crappy hygrometers / thermometers ! Rammstein 1,052 3 06/26/08 07:23 AM
by RogerRabbit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
968 topic views. 15 members, 158 guests and 106 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.