Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleXochipili
journeyman
Medicinal mycelium extract teks
    #515008 - 01/09/02 12:27 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

What is the simplest and best way to extract polysacharides from a medicinal mushroom's mycelium? I ask because I am curious if a larger amount can be extracted than from fruiting a carpophore. It is common sense that it takes less time to colonize spawn than fruit a mushroom. Now we have all heard about people doing this with stropharia cause they are in a rush or lazy. It works somewhat for cubies, depending on the technique and age of mycelium.
I would like to know if there are similar teks to extract (beta glucan) polysacharides from colonized spawn of medicinals(turkey tail,blazei etc...)
I am interested in a tek that produces either a liquid or preferably a powder. I dont know chemistry well and no toxic substances (methanol) should be used. Thank you for your input.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Loc: Indiana, US
Re: Medicinal mycelium extract teks [Re: Xochipili]
    #515125 - 01/09/02 05:17 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If it is beta glucan that you want almost all fungal hyphal walls are composed of it. As far as other chemicals I am not sure, there is definitely developmental timing involved with the production of some chemicals. Since many medicinal mushrooms are legal you can probably find some literature on a few biggies like ganoderma at a university library. I am of the opinion that mushroom medicinals should be taken as part of a holistic health regime, and thus going through the whole process is part of the healing that comes from them. See what you can find in the literature.

--------------------
Listen! Do you smell something?

InvisibleXochipili
journeyman
Re: Medicinal mycelium extract teks [Re: r05c03]
    #516540 - 01/10/02 04:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

yes i'd like to extract BG polysacharides from the mycelium. a species like Blazei is difficult to fruit indoors and will produce small harvest of mushrooms. therefore the idea is to harvest the medicinal beta glucan polys from the mycelium of the colonized spawn. anymore input from anyone?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract