Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: Introduction [Re: TheHateCamel] * 2
    #5112857 - 12/27/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, very cool!

Welcome, I hope you stay :heart:

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenonick
Stranger

Re: Introduction [Re: Gillette]
    #5112877 - 12/27/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

just a reminder, ythan's mom: a lot of us are just college guys (in the pub anyway), so we talk about some things that maybe only college age guys think are interesting to talk about. i hope you aren't too disgusted by some of the posts!

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Introduction [Re: Mom]
    #5112879 - 12/27/05 08:32 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

:sunny: a warm welcome. thats nice of you to support your son. ha get it, your here supporting him and your a supporter. but seriously your son has created one of the best sites on the web and is well respected by many. im sure your very proud.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Introduction [Re: RESTLESS]
    #5112893 - 12/27/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RESTLESS said:
I know that, that's why I'm so offended.

LOL

and welcome Ythans mom or should i say queen mother creator

:bowdown:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Introduction [Re: lemon_lw]
    #5112895 - 12/27/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah... shroomery is like google to search engins
it's like Overgrow for weed
it's like mp3 to music
like the ultimate drug related forum

so........

does this mean you gonna join us on shroomery island?
it's be nice to have a "mom" around to cook and clean after all of us druggies :tongue:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Introduction [Re: Simisu]
    #5112900 - 12/27/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome Ythan's Mom :laugh:

Glad to have you aboard the journey that is the shroomery!

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #5112932 - 12/27/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to the addiction.  It has been proven the shroomery is chemicaly similar to crack  :tongue:.

Anyways enjoys your stay, I know I have.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#5113122 - 12/27/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hands down the coolest mom I have ever heard of. You should be proud of what your son has created. Hope some of the "darker" facets of the Shroomery forums don't scare you :smile:

:rockon:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5113238 - 12/27/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Woah..trippy!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5113244 - 12/27/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Hello there Mom,

It's quite exhilirating, actually, to observe your presence here. I don't really know Ythan too well, but I have interviewed him "formally" which you can view under my profile in the Journals. I'm not sure how much one will be able to actually trust in conversing with you initially because the first thing that crossed my mind was "She's probably out to learn enough to be dangerous on one hand," so forgive me for that if I am mistaken. (My mother has never and will never even begin to comprehend how my life changed as a result of psilocybes and how she contributed to making it more of an insignificant experience instead one with meaning and support from others).

Anyway, welcome to the Shroomery Boards. We are a diverse and sometimes shocking audience to interract with. Some, I'm sure you have already witnessed, are very much in the 'heavy thought' category, and others are the exact and total opposite. Some give help to others, some receive help, and others prevent people from being helped.

We've got a few awesome mycologists on this site. Workman's one of 'em. Anno, an administrator who basically gave birth to the more coherent FAQ info, is another.

A couple of 'good' girls you can probably befriend are Gillette and Cherrybom(b). She dropped the "b" at some point I think. Why? No idea.

I'm rambling probably. Anyway, again "Welcome!"

Enter
:peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum:

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #5114264 - 12/28/05 04:23 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

wow,
i cant believe what i just read.
first off, im sorry for your loss,
second, im sooo glad yer taking a proactive
acceptance into your sons life regardless.

i have met many many great people from this site
thanks to ythan. people who have made my life complete.
ppl who have shown me guidance when ive had no one else to turn to.

thank you & him :heart:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #5114285 - 12/28/05 04:50 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mom said:
Hello all-
I don't know how typical a site member I am. I don't currently use psychedelics and although I've always been intrigued by their properies have balanced this with concern over risks.  I personally prefer the natural highs of the real world, of which I find many.
    I am in the aging hippy demographic, and am here mostly because Ythan is my son, and I want to be able to know this world he has created and to share a bit of his life long distance (we live across the country from each other). I can't believe I'm actually doing this. It has been a long journey for me to reach the point of participating in this site. I've gone from outright opposition and forbidding Ythan to spend time on it, back when he was 15 and truly abandoning everything in his life to drugs, to understanding the excitement of creating and maintaining the site and enjoying the cyber community that evolved, to really being amazed at the technical skills he taught himself and  business concepts he has bcome familiar with in order to carry out this entrerprise, to being less fearful now that he is losing his life to drugs so I can peek in and see what is going on. I've read posts for a while, and am particularly interested in the philosphy and spirituality , health, and art and literature areas, but this is the first time I've posted myself.
  I work part time as Director/Curator of a small local history museum, like to read, garden, spend time with friends and in whirpools and massage chairs. I'm at mid life, and have lost both my parents within the past 2 years, so issues of loss and aging are big ones for me . I have also been involved in meditation, both informally , with a group of interested friends, and more formally with a Tibetan lama who (amaxzingly!) began a dharma center in the tiny town of 1400 where I live. When the student is ready, the teadcher appears! Which reminds me, I should end with the comment that Ythan has been one of my most amazing teachers of all

That's very cool of you to post here.  :laugh:

Of course, I'm assuming you're actually Ythan's mother. 

We're a diverse, self-sustaining community; Ythan just made a site for all of us to congregate at. 

We're no more a drug site than Merck's homepage.  Prozac's mind-altering (very, very helpful) action led me to this site.  I owe my life to fluoxetine.  So...mass-produced drugs that are psychoactive led me to find this site and experiment with other psychoactives.

I applaud your open-mindedness.  Ythan has helped an innumerable amount of people with this site.  You should be proud.  :sun:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #5114806 - 12/28/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I must assume that since Ythan has not trashed this thread that you are truly his mother and I wish you a warm welcome to the Shroomery and to the Pub.

I'm one of the older folks around here and I must say that your posting is a wonderful thing, it's nice to see that you support your son and his creation which has actually taken on a life of it's own. This is a magical place and I do hope you stay.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: Ripple]
    #5114881 - 12/28/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

welcome :smile:  So we finally get to meet the creator of the creator, this is a wonderful community which can be a little rough around the edges at some points, but which has an admirable goal and a lot of awesome people who post here.

enjoy your stay!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Introduction [Re: coda] * 1
    #5114894 - 12/28/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That's an undertstatement.

This is the best damn website on the internet.

--------------------

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Introduction [Re: Shroomism]
    #5114977 - 12/28/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

This is the best damn website on the internet.

Hear, hear. (Here, here?)

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Introduction [Re: TM]
    #5114987 - 12/28/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I never knew which one it is either

Hear here!

--------------------

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #5115465 - 12/28/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

This is awesome!

Welcome Y's momma.

--------------------

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #5115500 - 12/28/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome ythan's Mom!!  :cool: :thumbup:

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #5115517 - 12/28/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well, that is just awesome that you have decided to register and grace our wonderful website! I consider the Shroomerites that I have grown to know and love a family of sorts. Like any family, you have the good and the bad, but they still make up the flavor of the Shroomery. Ythan did a very great thing when he created this place for us all to gather and learn and laugh, or cry together. You did the greatest thing of all by raising this awesome young man into the person that he is today. Without your help and guidance, we would not have had the opportunity to have met each other. That makes me sad to think about. The people in this community have changed and affected my life in so many ways that I couldn't possibly begin to list! Anyway, ebnough of the sunshine blowing. I just want to say thank you and you are always welcome anywhere in this forum(even OTD;)). We love you!!

:heart:

--------------------

:murray:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix