Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester...
    #5064907 -

Please don't go to the bookstore at your college to buy books. They mark up the prices extremely high.

What you need to do is go to the bookstore, write down the ISBN number of the book you need, (as well as the title, author, and the edition to make sure you get the correct book) and go to www.half.com.

I just bought a book for $1.17 that cost $58.50 in the bookstore.

Adding up the entire cost of books that I'd pay for in the store, it would be:

$378.75 :blush:

And using Half.com, the grand total for 4 books came to:

$160.23 :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5064920 -

ooh, gonna have to try that


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5064922 -

I've heard good things, I always forget to do this though. Definetly next semester!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: Boom]
    #5064931 -

Yeah I've been using Half.com for about 2 years now and I've saved a TON of money on books.

btw, for those of you who don't know what an ISBN number is, it's the number above the barcode on the back of the book.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5064957 -

Yeah, I'm going to have to use that next semester. Fucking payed 400 dollars for books this semester.


--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5064959 -

its great for BUYING texts, but selling isnt worth the hassle...i always sell back to the bookstore :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5064966 -

There are a couple other places to buy books.

pricescan.com

froogle.com

shopping.msn.com

Has anyone tried all of these?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: SoulSuuckinJERK]
    #5064969 -

SoulSuuckinJERK said:
its great for BUYING texts, but selling isnt worth the hassle...i always sell back to the bookstore :smile:



hehehe i do the same thing. And the funny thing is, I buy my books from Half.com for cheap and I sell them back to the bookstore and actually make money off the books.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: djfrog]
    #5064970 -

Amazon.com is also another choice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5065047 -

i love all of you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: VoidOfsPg]
    #5066666 -

Thanks, I'll definitely use Half.com next semester.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For all of you who are buying books for classes next semester... [Re: Harbinger]
    #5066719 -

Harbinger said:
Yeah, I'm going to have to use that next semester. Fucking payed 400 dollars for books this semester.



only 400? lucky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own buisnes emptywisdom 2,010 10 05/10/05 07:51 PM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Anyone read the Wheel of Time series? ... and other book adventures
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,916 42 10/01/05 10:23 AM
by MovingTarget
* spring semester starts tomarrow...ive got a few cool classes
( 1 2 all )
phishytrip 3,512 21 01/20/05 12:55 PM
by phishytrip
* Skipping class Signo 802 7 10/06/04 03:44 PM
by Pathos
* Ten Most Harmful Books
( 1 2 all )
DNKYD 4,075 37 06/08/05 05:47 PM
by In(di)go
* Coolest class you've ever taken...
( 1 2 all )
TinTree 3,442 24 10/21/04 09:18 PM
by chinadoll
* I hate my last class, I fall asleep every day, and I'm fairly sure I don't need it - drop it?
( 1 2 all )
freddurgan 4,354 20 02/18/05 03:42 PM
by WildRunner
* Post/review the books you have read recently tomk 1,425 19 05/19/05 07:23 PM
by InsatiableThirst

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
848 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.