Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own buisnes
    #4158338 - 05/10/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

And or writing a book or doing research?

I know the federal government has programs to support this kind of thing, but have no idea how to find the info I need.

Last night I was playing my guitar and got an Idea for a book. I know it's not been done before and I know I would have a large target audience. If I might even be able to stretch this idea into a business, but that's much latter down the road, The book will have to come first.

Anyway

For me to pull this off I would need to do at least three to four years worth of research, probably more if everything goes well, and I could wright the book  while in the process. For me to conduct this research I would need a few thousand dollars at least, depending on how far I want to take it, maybe alot more. I'm thinking start with a basic book and if it catches on do some more inclusive sequels. I won't mention what it's about because this is the first idea I think I've ever had that I really think can go somewhere, I know it has not been done yet, and I sure as hell don't want anyone else to get the idea and do it before me.

So I just got a job today, start school may 30, and have no money. But I want to get started on this as soon as I can while the ideas are still storming through my head and before someone else gets the idea. It's really simple, but it concerns some newer things that have not been around long, so it's only a matter of time before something similar gets done. The only thing is I have a twist in mind that can take relatively boring studys and stale subject matter and make it appealing to a massive audience. I also have some ideas of how I can turn this thing into a whole business, if the initial book does well.

So can anyone help me find info about getting grants or funding from the government to write a book or start a business? I'm trying google but it's really slow going for what I'm looking for. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.  :wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own buisnes [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4158367 - 05/10/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My good buddy Matthew Lesko will hook that shit up fat!

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own bui [Re: DNKYD]
    #4158391 - 05/10/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, no shit.

I'm finding all kinds of stuff for small businesses, but I'll need the book before I can start the buisness I think. Unless I could get a business grant and use the money to do my research, write the book and get the business going. This is all more complicated than anything I'm used to dealing with. Fuck. There are a million site that tell about small buisness loans and grants, or research grants for small businesses, but none for what I need specifically.

My business would have a steady foot based in research, so mabey I could get a small business grant, then a research grant for my small business, and use that to do everything. damn, this is a bit confuseing. I hope I can get accepted for these grants. The idea itself is more than a bit contraversial. It's legal and everything, but it's a really touchy subject.

--------------------

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own bui [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4158401 - 05/10/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think I might have just found the site i'm looking for. Most of this shit wants me to pay before I even get info. bastards.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own bui [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4158414 - 05/10/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My Congressman's webpage has a list of federal grants and domestic assistance programs you might be interested in. You can find it here. Also, your state may have some similar grants and etc. you may be elegible for. Hope that helps, and good luck! :laugh:

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own bui [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4158475 - 05/10/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wow, thanks man. I found a link on that site that looks like it might help alot. Thank you much :heart: Google has been nothing but a headache on this search.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4158502 - 05/10/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You're very welcome. Glad I could help some. Just a word of warning though - don't be discouraged if you apply for one and you hear nothing from them for a long time. Some of these programs take absolutely ages to process your application and get back to you. Bureaucracies and all that, you know - yeesh! :rolleyes:

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own bui [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4158538 - 05/10/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I figgured as much. I can get started on my own, but If I want to take it as far as it needs to go, I'll need some help, or it will take half my life to get done. By then it might not even be relevant anymore. I just got a job today though, So I'll be starting to collect supplys for my research as soon as the next couple months, and I've already starting writing notes for my books introduction. It's gonna take a looooonnnnnng time to do this, though. But who knows, if everything works out it's something that could become my lifes work.

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own bui [Re: DNKYD]
    #4158748 - 05/10/05 06:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

DNKYD had it right....its all about Lesko!

:smirk:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #4159103 - 05/10/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

and I could wright the book

lemme know how that goes.. :wink:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own buisnes [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4159193 - 05/10/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey there bro. Have you considered talking to a legal consultant? I am sure they could find out quite a bit of information for you.

You could also go down to your local county office building and talk to them. They would definately point you in the right direction. Good luck man.

:sun:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder