Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Police Reports
    #4030189 - 04/08/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

so i was reading my friend's dui police report last night and it was total bullshit. they cop wrote down every single miniscule detail regarding my friend's arrest and most of it was complete bullshit. he said things that didn't happen and embellished seemingly everything. he wrote about every single thing you can think of...i don't understand how he could have remembered EVERYTHING. also, i was there so i know alot of it was bullshit.

reading the report reminded me of when i try to stretch term papers into longer works by adding made up observations and stretching sentences on to the point of pointlessness. the report was so false it made me sick!

a dui charge is pretty much what it is but what if what the cop wrote down in his report actually was actually pertinent to sentencing and it was overly embellished and/or false? it seems like complete bullshit that such a false/embellished police report could be used as evidence. is this why you don't speak to cops upon detainment or arrest? it now seems like that would be an excellent idea. your thoughts? have you ever read a police report and found it to be complete shit?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Police Reports [Re: TODAY]
    #4030462 - 04/08/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

when I got busted a while back on those mushroom charges, they tried to say they found a bag of meth on me, and in the report they wrote; "He told us he knew they were psilocybin and that he had done them twice that day, he also said he was going to sell them to a friend."....

Wtf?

Cops are cr00ked as all hell, and everyone without authority knows it. Even the people with authority dont do anything about it, probably in fear of losing their power.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Police Reports [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4031214 - 04/08/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

reading the report reminded me of when i try to stretch term papers into longer works by adding made up observations and stretching sentences on to the point of pointlessness. the report was so false it made me sick!

The few times I have been, umm, detained... the reports I read were fairly accurate. I am extremly polite in person and it showed through in the reports that were written. However, I am a strong proponent of cameras in police cars and wireless mics on the police for this very reason... it keeps the cops honest and it helps or hurts the "suspect" depending upon how they are acting. In a juries eyes, a recording of what happens is pretty damning (for either the defense or the prosecution).

> Cops are cr00ked as all hell, and everyone without authority knows it.

Not all cops are crooked as hell. I have known some very cool police over the years... there are bad apples in any occupation... it is unfortunate that the police seem to draw in a larger portion of bad apples than other occupations. To say all cops are bad though... that simply isn't true.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Police Reports [Re: TODAY]
    #4032464 - 04/08/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What gets me pissed off is publicized police reports.

Town I'm from EVERY SINGLE police arrest was put in the paper, I was an all-star like half a dozen times when I was living there.

Then when I eventually moved, I was searching for my name online and found a publicized police report of when I was pulled over and arrested for having brass knuckles. That got me really mad because the charges were dropped, so I continually sent them threatening emails until they removed it.

Regarding your right to remain silent. Use it!!!! If you don't say anything to the pig, then they can't report anything other than what they arrested you for.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Police Reports [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4038259 - 04/10/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

When i was arrested 4 weeks ago, the female officer pulled a gun to my head for smokin pot. The gun part was not in the police report, and that is COMPLETE bullshit. They also gave me Criminal Trespassing 1 for standing next to this building, and wrote in the report that i was not completely co-operative, which i was, and i even confessed to having a pipe and weed as soon as we sat down, very polite the whole time. Shitty times...

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Police Reports [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4040081 - 04/11/05 06:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> What gets me pissed off is publicized police reports.

It is a double edged sword. I know what you mean... one of my "encounters" with the police made the front page of the newspaper, with my name, picture, and school plastered all over, when I was in high school and only 17 years old (they considered me an 'adult' at that age, even though I wasn't mature enough to buy tobacco or alcohol... pricks). This wasn't a small town, but a medium sized city with 250,000 people. It was very embarrasing, especially since it was only an arrest and not a conviction...

The double edged sword comes into play when the records are not released. If the public doesn't have access to what the police are doing, who is going to keep the police honest in what they do. We already see how crooked some cops can be...the cop in texas that just got 5 years for making up evidence to get convictions, for example... imagine how much worse it would get if the cops could operate behind a wall of secrecy.

> I was an all-star like half a dozen times when I was living there

I know the feeling... Mine happened over the summer while I was teaching swimming lessons for the red cross... talk about hard to go and teach the next day knowing that all the parents sitting out there are looking at your picture on the front page of the paper wondering what kind of guy this is that is teaching their kids to swim. (Nothing sex or drug related... more of a high tech 'sneakers' or 'war games' sort of thing...)

What really bothers me are cases like Coby Bryant's supposed rape. The poor man had his name trashed by the media, while the "victim" got to stay anonymous. This is wrong, in my opinion. Either both names need to be open to the public, or both names need to be protected equally under the law... at least until/unless there is a conviction.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Police Reports [Re: Seuss]
    #5003314 - 12/01/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i seriously hate how cops can add more to a report then what actually occured.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Police Reports [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #5009765 - 12/03/05 09:47 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have found in my police reports that they doctor the report to get a conviction. For instance on my DUI police report they added tons of verbs like "smelled of alcohol" "slurred speach" "Had trouble getting out of the car" all complete bullshit of course as the Video Tape can prove. They are pretty much trained to write the report up in such a way that it's easier to get a conviction. They even have their boss review the report before its done so they can make shure its solid enough and to see if anything else needs to be added. Police are scum.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Police Reports [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #5011238 - 12/03/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
I have found in my police reports that they doctor the report to get a conviction. For instance on my DUI police report they added tons of verbs like "smelled of alcohol" "slurred speach" "Had trouble getting out of the car" all complete bullshit of course as the Video Tape can prove. They are pretty much trained to write the report up in such a way that it's easier to get a conviction. They even have their boss review the report before its done so they can make shure its solid enough and to see if anything else needs to be added. Police are scum.

Yep, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, cops will lie their asses off if they think it'll help their case and they can get away with it.....

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Police Reports [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #5012007 - 12/03/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:

POLICE ARE SCUM

POLICE ARE SCUM- - - -  SCUM POLICE, THEY MAKE MONEY BY PUTTING PEOPLE IN JAIL

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Police Reports [Re: KaptKid]
    #5012259 - 12/03/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

A lot of people belong in jail....and the police do not make the laws, they only enforce the laws made by the leigislators.

There should be no law against any activity unless that activity does harm to another or their property.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Police Reports *DELETED* [Re: gregorio]
    #5013039 - 12/04/05 07:26 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Re: Police Reports [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #5016923 - 12/05/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If you were writing a story about yourself wouldn't you want to make sure you were the HERO?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Police Reports [Re: rawtoxic]
    #5017639 - 12/05/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"At which point the suspect killed Deputy Arnolds. Naturally, I had no choice but to fly around the world backwards in hopes of reversing the flow of time. Upon re-entry, I arrived at the location with 2 seconds to spare, and delivered a fatal roundhouse kick to the suspect."

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Police Reports [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5018819 - 12/05/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

elgr said:
"At which point the suspect killed Deputy Arnolds. Naturally, I had no choice but to fly around the world backwards in hopes of reversing the flow of time. Upon re-entry, I arrived at the location with 2 seconds to spare, and delivered a fatal roundhouse kick to the suspect. Bruce Lee Style. Bitch. PWN3D!!11!"

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Police Reports [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #5019911 - 12/05/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I don't remember saying that, but obviously I did.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals