Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ?
    #4940817 -

this just came up to me as i slept nearly 12 hours today and feel absolutely exhausted
all day long already.

i know some people can only dream (ha!) of sleeping that long, but for me it isnt such
a rarity to really have some sleep marathons, each and every time feeling completely drained
of energy the entire day afterwards.

my roomie actually confirmed that he experiences the same, talking long sleep = somewhat exhausting.

now, thinking about that, it isnt really logical for me atleast, why this is the case.
given that the body gets longer periods to recover and regain energy i dont see why
the longer the sleep doesnt give more biopower back?

if someone knows about the reasons, pls share the knowlege :sun:

i forgot to add something in this post, the fact that i do tend to sweat a lot during the night.
it all began 4 yrs ago when i was diagnosed with infectious mononucleosis, aka "the kissing fewer"
which nailed me for 2 months but after that its was all fine.
during that time i sweated liters of liquid out every night and since then it occassionally
comes back hitting me nights that i wake up ENITRELY soaked in sweat and have to rotate my
sheets b/c their sokaed .. guess how nice that is ..

oh well, just wanted to add the above.
peace ohm :mushroom2:


--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Edited by ohmatic (11/16/05 09:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: ohmatic]
    #4940873 -

I just read somthing now that say you might actually die younger if you sleep more than 6-7 hours, it then says the research team dont know why this happens.Its probably to do with the fact that you dont need that much sleep, anything more than you need is detrimental.

heres the site anyway, its from the BBC so it should be fairly accurate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1820996.stm

Edited by Mike_yy (11/16/05 10:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: ohmatic]
    #4940898 -

Unless you're in sleep debt, anything over 6-8 hours just makes you feel groggy. It's something to do with the phases of sleep, as most adults get the full benefits of the sleeping cycle in the first 6-8 hours, but anything beyond that isn't necessarily healthy. Personally, I find that 7 hours of sleep is perfect, and I'm physically unable to sleep beyond that, unless I've been partying. No complaints though, less sleep = more time in the day to get things done.


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4940996 -

Yeah I found that when I have work, I can't get a lot of sleep...

If I have the day off, I want to wake up and not waste the day

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: Boom]
    #4941230 -

i find that if im very tired than sleeping 12 hours can be refreshing, although it generally takes me longer to wake up if i sleep that long. however if i just sleep 12 hours every night like on a holiday i feel incredibly exhausted when i wake up and usually go back to bed after a few hours. then im up all night and i repeat the cycle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: ohmatic]
    #4941692 -

Damn I need to start sleeping MORE...I get 4-6 hours max each night. I feel like my brain cannot multitask for those first few hours of being up. Some days, like today, I just feel slow as hell in the mornings (I get up at 4.30a) and I don't become alert until about noon. Its hard when all of your colleagues are up and hitting the coffee pot to get over this hump :wink:

I can definetly relate to oversleeping though...if I crash on a weekend night and somehow sleep 10-12 hours then I feel wired physically but mentally in a daze.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: Organic]
    #4942222 -

i never particularly feel rested when i wake up...... 4 hours....

6

12

8

...... all i know is i got 7 maximum and likely 5-6 today and i feel like shit and had to take a nap as opposed to 12 hours the day before which was manageable.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (11/16/05 04:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: leery11]
    #4949810 -

For me 8 or 9 is key. I can wake up at 7, but then I get tired. From 9 1/2 to 11 it's really hard to wake up but by 12 I can't sleep anymore. After 9 I always feel more sedated and drowsy. It's real hard to time it right. I've heard that it has to do with going to sleep and waking up at consistant times and also it being dark when you sleep and light when you wake up is important too.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4951795 -

Yep, feels like the whole day was just wasted by sleeping. Groggy and depressed all day if I sleep in past 12.

I find a good solid 8 hours of sleep is optimal! I can survive a couple nights of getting 5 or 6 hours, but if I know I'm not getting a full nights rest I'll shoot for 6-7 hours of good sleep. Again, getting consistant nights sleeps of 8 hours is the best for me, everyone's a little bit different though.


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 10 or more hours of sleep not recreational - why ? [Re: ohmatic]
    #4954686 -

If I sleep any longer than 8 hours or so I'm exhausted all day. Anything more than 8 hours, anything less than 6 and I'm screwed up all day. 7 hours of sleep or so seems to be the balance for me. I have the right amount of energy and everything. Sometimes I'll sleep in for 9 hours or so on a weekend to catch up on sleep debt.


--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* irritable bowel syndrome
( 1 2 all )
JameZTheNewbie 7,402 33 03/04/04 08:10 AM
by shroomsi8
* how do u ppl do it *DELETED* 0toxic0 1,411 14 10/19/03 08:08 AM
by Anonymous
* Three hours ago the blindfold came off asleepnomore 1,652 12 03/17/04 12:14 PM
by peleg
* Sleep
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 3,756 20 04/22/04 10:46 PM
by wrestler_az
* 16 hours a day just isn't enough
( 1 2 all )
superpimp 5,851 26 03/12/03 09:38 PM
by enotake2
* I need to fix my sleep schedule. daba 2,795 10 10/26/03 06:10 PM
by Xochitl
* Post deleted by Administrator SBTlauien 1,567 11 06/19/03 12:06 PM
by baraka
* i ran out of ciggarrettes 5 1/2 hours ago. truekimbo2 1,579 10 01/19/04 03:11 PM
by OctopusDr

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
935 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.