Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Caustic soda aka lye
    #4843710 -

yes, pure NaOH... well, I got a little bit on my face the other day while cleaning shit at work, and didn't realize it. Once I started hosing down the room, my face started to burn like hell.

Now I have a red splotch.

So yes, lye does hurt. And now I know where to get lye, so all I need is some hydrochloric acid, moonshine, and some shrooms and I could make pure crystals mmmm yummy.

Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 02:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: poke smot!]
    #4843741 -

You better splash some HCL on there to neutralize the area :tongue:

I've actually taken a laboratory saftey test where there was a question on what to do in case of a strong acid or strong base skin spill, and neutralize with an equally strong A/B was actually one of the options.  :rofl:


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Cherk]
    #4843781 -

makes sence. But what would happen if you misjudged or miss calculated the amount of HCL to NaOH. Would another buffering aggent work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4843803 -

Man! That is something you do not want to do! You've gotta go rinse the area with water.


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: poke smot!]
    #4843828 -

I've seen pure NaOH catch fire when put into water really fast. Didn't your highschool chemistry teacher do that one? It's cool cuz it looks like the water is on fire.

Having pure NaCL at your disposal is a definate plus. Good for you! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Cherk]
    #4843829 -

Can't you just urinate on it?

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: poke smot!]
    #4843887 -

Seriously though, I work with Caustic Potash (Potassium Hydroxide KOH) as a macro-chemical reagent for identifying fungi. Pretty nasty stuff when you add water, got burnt a couple of times  :crazy:

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Cherk]
    #4843896 -

oxidization on flesh wouldnt be a good thing? :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4843931 -

Heh, definitely not!

I'm obtaining some more macro-chemical stuff this weekend, I wonder what other damage I can do to myself?  :crazy:

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4844358 -

I vote for making a bomb.

or a chemical fuse.

Or a Donkey (hurray, my very own burro!)


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #4844490 -

I once spilled some on my foot, then took a shower without knowing. I felt a burning...looked down and saw a black bubble on the top of my foot.
It had eaten through the layers of skin and halfway through the "meat" of the top. Took over 6 months to heal. Got a nasty scar, too.


--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4846966 -

thats so darned gross it scared my burro away. thanks man, now I need a new burro.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: Konnrade]
    #4847559 -

iS red devil phasing out thier lye? every store ive been to seems to be having a clearance sale on it. This would suck as their isnt any other commerical source of pure NaOH.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Caustic soda aka lye [Re: yousuck]
    #4848005 -

I've heard it said that the lye has been discontinued. I did a half-assed google search and didnt see a homepage for the stuff otherwise I'd check there to see. If it is on clearance sale though, I'd recommend snatching that shit up before it's all gone.

Otherwise you'd have to order from a place like http://www.chemistrystore.com/ which supplies it in pure form, but applies extra Hazmat shipping and insurance fees on any but the smallest quantity containers of it.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I want to see a pic of your pet
( 1 2 3 all )
kronnyQ 3,693 48 01/24/05 03:22 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Anybody have a hardcore drug dealer story?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RandalFlagg 25,634 99 07/31/08 08:59 PM
by weiliiiiiii
* The secrets of soda fizz and how to properly disarm a shaken up soda can.
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 4,937 24 10/04/05 09:03 AM
by goobler
* Pork Soda?
( 1 2 all )
MrBump 2,840 22 11/24/03 04:54 AM
by OldSpice
* South Park- Rauol Duke aka Hunter S. Thompson *DELETED* IamTheWalrus420 939 6 08/26/05 09:56 PM
by Ravus
* Soda pop prices go up due to oil. Signo 680 6 06/21/05 10:15 AM
by Boom
* ARGH! (aka help me with computer problem) Thin White Duke 653 1 04/29/05 03:19 AM
by fresh313
* Man tries to sue baking soda!!! Lol Schwip 664 5 08/25/05 09:00 PM
by daimyo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,167 topic views. 5 members, 37 guests and 81 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.