Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Your Best Spiritual Authors
    #4838458 -

I'm curious as to who are the highly ranked spiritual [or spiritually philosophic] authors amongst the crowd here.

I'll start with my top 5:

1.) Alan Watts

2.) Eckhart Tolle

3.) Aldous Huxley

4.) Deng Ming Dao

5.) Vernon Howard




--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4838587 -

Manly P Hall

Alan Watts

Eliphias Levi

Israel Regardie

Lao Tse


--------------------
The Soul exists simultaneously throughout all of Time.
The Ego merely exists now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: jcldragon]
    #4838665 -

1.)Me..


:wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: Gomp]
    #4838703 -

Why yes, we are all the authors of our own lives. :thumbup:

Gomp, I'm curious, does the American culture have the same influence in literary arts in the Scandinavian countries as it does in the media, i.e., t.v. shows, movies, music, etc.? Or is there still a proportionate amount of Norwegian/Scandinavian spiritual and philisophical literature to the regions in question?



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4838770 -

I'm do not understand your question.. (rephrase?) but off or not, I say this.. I am not like this in person.. and the general Norwegian, having crossed the limits of duality, usually, would tend to sustain more than the even our sensing may sense.. :P


--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: Gomp]
    #4838779 -

Eliphas Levis
Stanislav Grof
Gershom Scholem
Israel Regardie
Carl Jung

kabalah/masonic/golden dawn/rosecross stuff under the light of psychedelics and jungian psychology is divine revelation hehe


--------------------
-English is not my native language. So im not retarded, i'm just not very engligh articulate. Please forgive me for my bad writing! :wink: Thank you! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: Gomp]
    #4838869 -

Gomp, when you go to the Library or Bookstore, and visit the Spirituality area, are most of the books written by Scandinavian/European authors? Or are most of the books from the American culture?

The reason I ask, is because I am aware of the extensive influence of the American culture in regards to media. I've lived in Europe for many years, so I am familiar with the type of Americanized input that most Western-European countries are subject to. Reruns of Married w/ Children, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Fear Factor, The Real World, etc.


I'm just wondering if the same influence applies to your literary arts as well.



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4838897 -

caroline myss (excellent must read her books)
stuart wilde
dan millman
Neale Donald Walsch
Paulo Coelho (espeically The Valkaries)


--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4840682 -

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Gomp, when you go to the Library or Bookstore, and visit the Spirituality area, are most of the books written by Scandinavian/European authors? Or are most of the books from the American culture?

The reason I ask, is because I am aware of the extensive influence of the American culture in regards to media. I've lived in Europe for many years, so I am familiar with the type of Americanized input that most Western-European countries are subject to. Reruns of Married w/ Children, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Fear Factor, The Real World, etc.


I'm just wondering if the same influence applies to your literary arts as well.






Ah.. I see..

I have not been to a Library or Bookstore...

like in ages.. hum.. maybe I will check.. there are not Library's here, that I know of.. but I know there is an Bookstore in the nearest town..


sorry!  :confused:


--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: Gomp]
    #4840685 -



--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4840705 -

I'm curious as to who are the highly ranked spiritual [or spiritually philosophic] authors amongst the crowd here.

I'll start with my top 5:

1.) Alan Watts

2.) Eckhart Tolle

3.) Aldous Huxley

4.) Deng Ming Dao

5.) Vernon Howard


I have just been threatened by Wiccan-Seeker (obviously not a seeker at all!) with a ban for starting a thread with a direct quote from Vernon Howard. Un-fucking-believable!

I wonder if any quotes from a spiritual author are verboten or just any thread at all started by Swami.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: Swami]
    #4840878 -

it is not you.. it is just the Mods, on their power trips.. :P

let them have their fun.. :wink:


--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: Gomp]
    #5440120 -

1. ram dass
2. henry david thoreau
3. alan watts
4. lao tzu
5. plato
6. Maharshi Ramana
7. carl jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5445327 -

1) Vernon Howard

2) Vernon Howard

3) Vernon Howard

4) Vernon Howard

5) Vernon Howard

P.S. God bless Swami!


--------------------
Sincerely,

Skeptikos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your Best Spiritual Authors [Re: Skeptikos]
    #5445448 -

:bowdown: Swami
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Vernon Howard SkorpivoMusterion 2,009 4 10/23/05 03:08 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Spiritual Living Veritas 1,298 5 10/26/05 04:33 PM
by Billyblastoff
* Vernon Howard - Psychic Sleep. Prosgeopax 2,141 11 12/14/05 04:16 AM
by Moonshoe
* spiritual intensity , secret of herb banquet 594 2 03/05/18 02:52 AM
by banquet
* The Bible is an instrument of authority-based control Grok 2,751 14 10/23/12 05:12 AM
by cez
* Another Vernon Howard Quote! Swami 2,004 8 10/23/05 10:25 PM
by Moonshoe
* Is it normal to go through a spiritual type of "cycle"
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 6,470 21 01/05/06 10:39 PM
by KidgardFromSRQ
* Vernon Howard, Apropos DiploidM 935 4 10/23/05 04:42 PM
by Deviate

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
2,884 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.