Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible_tenshi_
Stranger

frequency for maximum trips
    #480147 - 12/05/01 12:55 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

hey y'all, what do you think (from your experience) is the best minimum time that shroom trips should be taken apart for max exerience? i have two weeks off, and each trip, i'll likely do 3.5 grams. i was thinking about five days apart would be good. i also ordered some peganum harmala in the mail. i'm thinking i'll do the first one with a full day fast, the second, five days later with the finely ground harmala, then the last, five days after that. does the harmala mixed with shrooms make you more resistant to your next shroom trip? any suggestions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: frequency for maximum trips [Re: _tenshi_]
    #482435 - 12/06/01 10:30 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

In addition to the time it takes for you to be ready to shroom again pharmacologically, you should take into account psychological tolerance. Although you shouldn't have any problem with physical tolerance with trips spaced 5 days or so apart, if you do this for a while each trip becomes less spectacular. If tripping is a regular thing, it loses its magic and becomes part of your normal reality. I usually like to space my trips out no more than once a month or so. So by the time the next trip comes around, I'm really looking forward to it since its been a while. I remember during spring break last year me and my friends went on a "drug binge"/fear and loathing type thing where we did all sorts of drugs every day for a week. By the end it just got boring. I didn't even want to trip anymore. I guess my advice is to leave yourself some more time between trips for your mind to recover from the experience.

Invisible_tenshi_
Stranger

Re: frequency for maximum trips [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #482660 - 12/07/01 03:25 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

hi skaMaria,
thanks for your perspective. i don't shroom regularly, and my last time, back in early october this year was the first in five years. it was so consciousness expanding that i want to explore some more this winter... i'll have 16 days free, so i was thinking i'd try at least 2, max 3 trips during this time. or do you think i should just do one big trip, like two eighths? ever use peganum harmala?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #482768 - 12/07/01 08:28 AM (15 years, 19 hours ago)

another way to increase effectiveness of closely-spaced tripping experiences is to use materials with minimal cross-tolerance...
(say, perhaps, a shroom trip, then a salvia quid & smoke trip, then a sanpedro trip (or ayahuasca)
also, between trips, get plenty of cleansing activities, such as exercise, vitamins (vit C, SAMe, niacinamide, dmae, etc...), maybe some meditation to integrate the psychic/psychological data), etc...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (12/07/01 08:44 AM)

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #483577 - 12/07/01 10:55 PM (15 years, 4 hours ago)

Yes, I have used peganum harmala with shrooms and I wasn't too impressed with the results. It may have made the shrooms slightly more potent, but it also changed the nature of the trip. It made it more euphoric (kind of like E), there were less visuals, and less shroomy weirdness. IMO straight up shrooms are much better.
If you're set on tripping a lot in your time off I'd do 2 trips, maybe one alone and one with p. harmala just for variety. Good luck.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports