Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejellyfish

Sterilizing Needle
    #4783679 - 10/10/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

My last attempt at shroom cultivation was a complete failure so I wondering what methods there are to sterilize the spore syringe. I know heating it will kill the germs but will rubbing it with some h2o2 or alchohal or anything else help? I dont want to have to heat the whole needle because the syringe is plastic and im afraid if I heat it too close to the end the plastic may begin to melt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecrazytalken
SELECT
 User Gallery

Re: Sterilizing Needle [Re: jellyfish]
    #4783818 - 10/10/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well with a full syringe where you can only sterilize the needle...I personally rub down with alcohol, flame, wipe with alcohol again then inject.
This is assuming that the needle and syringe is clean in the first place. If you are worried that a needle may contain contams then unscrew the tip and place onto another syringe...then suck up h2o2/alcohol/boiling hot water.

I myself clean my syringes by bringing water to a boil in the microwave or on stove then immersing them in the water for a period of time.
I suck up the hot water to expose the insides to the sterilizing temps and to cause weight to hold them down in the water. I also soak needles in alcohol before this step.

Remember that each time you insert and remove the needle from a jar you should at least wipe clean with a alcohol soaked cotton ball/paper towel. Good luck. keep tryin till you get it right...

CT

--------------------
**"Both the psychedelic dream state and the waking psychedelic state acquire great import because they reveal to life a task: to become familiar with this dimension that is causing being, in order to be familiar with it at the moment of passing from life." -Terence McKenna

Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: Sterilizing Needle [Re: crazytalken]
    #4784403 - 10/10/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

can u make a sterile flame with 91% isopr. alcohol? like get a wick held up in a shotglass? thanx, peace

Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: Sterilizing Needle [Re: shroomr4life]
    #4784625 - 10/10/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have heard all different opinions on what is the best alcohol to sterilize with, so my question is why not just use grain alcohol???

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Offlinefoxracinfan567
Fo-SHO!

Re: Sterilizing Needle [Re: shroomr4life]
    #4784635 - 10/10/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You could always go to the store and BUY an alchohol burner... I only wiped my needle down every few jars. Kinda dumb but I only lost 2 jars!! LOL!! I tried to heat it but the black from the flame got on it and it bothered me. It looked ugly. Don't ask me why though!! I'm wierd!! LOL!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag