Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

The Hopi Prophecy
    #473231 - 11/29/01 02:30 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The Hopi have been a proud and peaceful nation for over 10,000 years. They see themselves as not seperate from the Earth, but one with it. And so they live in peace and harmony with it.
They see everything on Earth as one, the trees, the rocks, the people...one living organism.

Below is a Hopi prophecy that was first published in a mimeographed manuscript in 1959.

..."I am White Feather, a Hopi of the ancient Bear Clan. In my long life I have traveled through this land, seeking out my brothers, and learning from them many things full of wisdom. I have followed the sacred paths of my people, who inhabit the forests and many lakes in the east, the land of ice and long nights in the north, and the places of holy altars of stone built many years ago by my brothers' fathers in the south. From all of these I have heard stories of the past, and prophecies of the future. Today, many prophecies have turned to stories, and few are left - the past grows longer, and the future grows shorter.
My people await Pahana, the lost White Brother from the stars, as do all our brothers in the land. He will not be like the white men we know now, who are cruel and greedy. We were told of their coming long ago. But we still await Pahana.
He will bring with him the symbols, and the missing piece of that sacred tablet now kept by the elders, given to him when he left, that shall identify him as our true White Brother.
The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.
(The text in quotations is my take on the prophecies)

THIS IS THE FIRST SIGN - We are told of the coming of white-skinned men, like Pahana, but who do not live like Pahana-men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder. (Guns)

THIS IS THE SECOND SIGN - Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes-the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies.
(The pioneer era)

THIS IS THE THIRD SIGN - A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes- The coming of white men's cattle.
(Cattle of course)

THIS IS THE FOURTH SIGN - The land will be crossed with snakes of iron (Railroad tracks anyone?)

THIS IS THE FIFTH SIGN - The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web. (Did someone say telephone wires)

THIS IS THE SIXTH SIGN - The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun (Hmmm....highways and their mirage-producing effects under the Sun perhaps?)

THIS IS THE SEVENTH SIGN - You will hear of the sea turning black, and many things dying because of it.
(Oil spills...)

THIS IS THE EIGHTH SIGN - You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.
(Can you say Hippie Movement?)

THIS IS THE NINTH AND LAST SIGN - You will hear of a dwelling place in the heavens, above the Earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.
(In 1979, the U.S. Space Station Skylab fell to Earth. According to Australian eye-witnesses, it appeared to be burning blue)

These are the signs that the Great Destruction is coming. The World shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle against other people in other lands - with those who possessed the first light of wisdom. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. Only those which come will cause a great disease and dying. Many of my people, understanding the prophecies, will be safe. Those who stay and live in the places of my people shall also be safe. Then there will be much to rebuild. And soon - very soon afterward - Pahana will return. He shall bring with him the dawn of the Fifth World. He shall plant the seeds of his wisdom in their hearts. Even now the seeds are being planted. These shall smooth the way to the emergence into the Fifth World.

Edited by Shroomism (11/29/01 02:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: ]
    #473237 - 11/29/01 02:43 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: World Spirit]
    #473249 - 11/29/01 02:56 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Indeed. Although I'm under the impression that Wormwood, which the Bible refers to is something different. It states something that it will turn a third of the waters to blood. I believe this to be the passing of the 12th Planet, which will no doubt leave some flaming rocks falling into our atmosphere...rocks which contains large quantities of mercury.. a blood red substance. Is it mercury I'm thinking of or something else? Ah who cares its too late at night for such details.
Anyways, this prophecy is very closely related to my own, and I just discovered it several weeks ago which excited me very much.

Anonymous

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: World Spirit]
    #473250 - 11/29/01 03:00 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I just noticed how similar that prophecy is to the book of Revelations in the Bible. Very interesting..

Although...the Bible version is much more elaborate and fluffified.

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
    #473291 - 11/29/01 05:59 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe if we just keep talking there's a chance it doesn't have to be like this. I DO HEED these warnings. NOW would be a very good time to examine ourselves and fix what can be fixed - this nonchalant nothing's gonna happen attitude is a lazy slack-ass cop-out!

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

Anonymous

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: oneoverzero]
    #473292 - 11/29/01 06:04 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed... I think the way this event will play out is 100% determined by the attitude and thoughts of the mass consciousness. Sitting around with our thumbs up our asses (excuse the expression) is the fastest way to nowhere. Time to take action! And take responsibility for those actions!

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
    #473300 - 11/29/01 06:19 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yes. In real life. In every day. In every action. In every person.

Remember WHO you're standing on people! (eh, that would be the really BIG spherical thingy there).

--------------------

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#473418 - 11/29/01 10:00 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The Hope have always been a rather tightly knit people, and I have a great deal of respect for them. But, I have to warn you, that the Hopi are also a very secretive people - their teachings are very rarely completely 'revealed'...and that goes for their prophecies as well. I remember hearing a Hopi elder talk about how the prophecies of his people that were known to the public were only just that...public teachings. They have other prophecies that they keep only for those within the tribe itself...which the elder I heard speak seemed to hint were a great deal more menacing than the public prophecies.

Ish

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: Ishmael]
    #473565 - 11/29/01 12:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm down with it. It ain't over yet...

--------------------

Invisiblesrivatsa
Stranger

#473667 - 11/29/01 02:11 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

As I found this link and brought it here I felt energy flow through my body and still do. Here is your answer. I have come here just to let some of you who have the right heart know of Falun Dafa. Bless you all. I present the answers to your hearts questions. The Way of the Cosmos.

Here is an excert (links below):

"A kindhearted person invited some Falun Gong practitioners to teach Falun Gong exercises at a church in mid US. She contacted some Americans who are interested in cultivation to attend. The audience was convinced by the profound principles of Falun Gong. When a practitioner explained the Falun Emblem to the audience that the Dharma Wheel from Buddha's School, the Yin and Yang from the Taoist School and everything in this ten-directional world are all embodied in this Falun Emblem, a person from the audience said excitedly, "I've seen this Swastika sign before. I know that there will be a Saint of the East come at around this time and he will bring sacred power and justice to people of all races. I've been paying close attention to Asia, waiting for Pahana to appear. I think that Falun Gong is the only thing that is connected to this prophecy."

The Hopi Prophecy (I)
The Hopi Prophecy (II)
The Teaching of Hopi God -- Earth, Water, Fire, Wind and Their Relationships to Four Colored Human Races

Falun Gong (You can learn more about Falun Gong here. Books for download, video of movements, and a list of practitioners in your area)

Also visit the thread intitled "Everyone come read this" Click Here

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: srivatsa]
    #475525 - 11/30/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ever seen the matrix? Neo was told only what he needed to know, it was not necesarily the truth...because he took action. I am maybe thinking hte matrix is a prophecy :P jk but most people talk and need to live lives...how can we change? Its an ignorant question, but its the truth.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: srivatsa]
    #475717 - 12/01/01 03:21 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey thanx fer the links - read every one of 'em. Now I'm more freaked-out than ever, while at the same time, more optimistic and hopeful then ever. It's all out there! Why don't we listen?

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: tak]
    #475726 - 12/01/01 03:29 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

>I am maybe thinking hte matrix is a prophecy :P jk

While I don't put too much faith in the idea that The Matrix was a prophecy either, it would be a fairly effective way to convey a prophecy these days. It reached a lot of people... Just a thought that probably leads nowhere. :wink:

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: Ulysees]
    #475732 - 12/01/01 03:34 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

That movie definetly did a lot as far as making peoples perception of reality more flexible, which in my opinion is a good thing.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#475741 - 12/01/01 03:40 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

That is true. Perhaps the second and third sequel will pull harder and harder at the masses range of perception.

--------------------

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: Ulysees]
    #475750 - 12/01/01 03:54 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I can't imagine what living in a "theatrical" world is like anymore after what I've seen (know what I mean?). At least the headless children (you can see it in their eyes) have sumthin to shift their "theatrical" world around a little... hoo booey what a slow way to go about things, but what else can we do?

--------------------

OfflineViolent-J
addict

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: oneoverzero]
    #475781 - 12/01/01 04:51 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

What exactly is a mimeographed manuscript? Where was this prophecy found?

--------------------
------------------------
"Oh Shinon, you crazy diamond!" -- Mr. Burns

Anonymous

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: Violent-J]
    #475786 - 12/01/01 05:02 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

A Mimeograph basically means a copy. A minister named David Young was driving on a desert highway in the summer of 1958 where he saw an Indian elder whom he offered a ride. The Indian then gave him the prophecy. It was first published in a mimeographed manuscript that circulated among several Methodist and Presbyterian churched in 1959.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #475999 - 12/01/01 11:23 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I think this is inevitable. This world needs to be reborn, and there is nothing that this small community can do to stop it, nor should we. The world and its population need to be cleansed. I welcome it with open arms, and understanding mind.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinefuzzhead

Re: The Hopi Prophecy [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #481414 - 12/05/01 10:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

well shroomerism all i can say is that come winter of 2003 i expect a giant wad of cash to delivered to me, preferably in person so i can laugh out loud to your face. no offense, but this prophecy bullshit has been around for centuries...
you DO remember our bet (previous sceen name insaneone) dont you?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale