Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012?
    #1122848 - 12/08/02 08:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.eaglecondor.org/hopi.htm

Anyone ascribing to the whole we're in/moving into the 4th density and in 2012/13 will move into the 5th density, will be particularly inclined to read all 3 articles as there are correspondences in there.

And for all you skeptics if it dosen't happen like that....at least it's a cool story.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012? [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1123039 - 12/08/02 08:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the contribution! :smile:

Cheers,

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1123067 - 12/08/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

well they quoted 3 truths already. man built a house in the sky(space stations), by this time they already would be greedy and fighting and what not, and there would be fires. weve had fires, a massive one in australlia or new zealand (that fire looked...). plus all the ones over the summer.

i remember reading a story about this guy meeting with a hopi and learning there ways. there religion set forth by the spider grandmother goes something like this "dont go around hurting people, and try to understand things" :smile:

--------------------
What?

Edited by Zero7a1 (12/08/02 08:57 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1124569 - 12/09/02 10:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Why do you think the Mayans and Hopis are sooOOOOooo concerned about the future of the "White Man" when neither culture could see their own demise, eh?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1124593 - 12/09/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm,

car = bug

airplane = bug

armor breastplate = turtle

gourd of ashes = nuclear explosion

These sound no different than poetic intrepretations, ala Nostradamus fans, rather than any sort of prophecy.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012? [Re: Swami]
    #1124610 - 12/09/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly. These things are so vague that anything can be interpreted as them coming true. I can't wait to laugh at you people in 2012.

Well, to be honest I'm already laughing.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinepsilocybinist
Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012? [Re: Phluck]
    #1124780 - 12/09/02 12:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The 2012 theory has more to it than some indian prophecies. I don't really know if it will be 2012 or 2003 but I think some major changes are gonna come soon. We can't keep goin on at the pace were goin.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012? [Re: psilocybinist]
    #1125037 - 12/09/02 01:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

but I think some major changes are gonna come soon. We can't keep goin on at the pace were goin. 

Yah, computer science is going to EXPLODE, then communication and information are going to turn this world into a small tiny little world packed with huge amounts of information on any subject. As a result of the tight communication, peoples compassion for the greater number will emerge and people will stop fighting each other and being so vain and will come together. Then biology and medicine are going to  cure all or alot of the diseases. Old age will be catapulted or relieved all together. 

This would be the positve view. :grin:   

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1125223 - 12/09/02 02:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have read the original prophecy years ago. Hopi elders went to the UN already to address them for the last time. They were refused entry to the building so they and the throng that was with them (related to me by one of that throng) encircled the un building holding hands while the prophecy was read. I was told that a huge wind came up so powerfull that the building shook.

That link just sort of regurgitates that prophecy. For instance the original says that a the bear and the eagle would build a house in the sky, the new spacestation.

When I read the original the commentator saw the web part as the satalite system but when I read it the internet was the web I took it to mean. It's a cool prophecy. If you can find the original I would suggest you read it.

I have heard that Hopi and Tibetan language is similar in that the hopi word for morning is the tibetan word for night and stuff like that.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineInsomniac
Stranger
    #1125319 - 12/09/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in prophecies myself but supposedly they did see their own demise. If you search around for more complete prophecies, the Hopi have repeatedly said that their ways will be forgotten (even by their own people) and that they will be close to being completely wiped out.

I'm not sure if this site is accurate but one of the things it lists is nine signs that great destruction is near.
http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/pan.htm

"This is the First Sign: We were told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana -- men who took the land that was not theirs and who struck their enemies with thunder. (Guns)

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. (Covered wagons)

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. (Longhorn cattle)

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron. (Railroad tracks)

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web. (Power and telephone lines)

"This is the Sixth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun. (Concrete roads and their mirage-producing effects.)

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it. (Oil spills)

"This is the Eighth Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like our people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn our ways and wisdom. (Hippies)

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of the Hopi people will cease.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

#1125364 - 12/09/02 03:08 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Your doubts are valid, though whether the prophecy is true or not, neither of us can say. But like i said at least it's a cool story.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012? [Re: Phluck]
    #1125383 - 12/09/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly. These things are so vague that anything can be interpreted as them coming true. I can't wait to laugh at you people in 2012.

YOU people?  Who are you refering to.  I never included myself as one of the doomsday beleivers.  I don't know if the world will end or not.  I'm not living any differently because of this or any other doomsday prophecy.  It's interesting none the less.  If it dosen't happen I'll be laughing too.  If it does I'll say "I knew this was coming.  You we're warned." :grin:

I can agree that the vagueness of this or any other prophecy lends itself to open interpretation. 

--------------------

Edited by 3eyedgod (12/09/02 03:37 PM)

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012? [Re: Insomniac]
    #1125433 - 12/09/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Intriguing

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1125477 - 12/09/02 03:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I'm not living any differently because of this or any other doomsday prophecy

nevertheless its smart to follow the path of love, if not because of this prophecies then because its just the natural way to be... only good can come from that path...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2012? [Re: upupup]
    #1125812 - 12/09/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

They were refused entry to the building so they and the throng that was with them (related to me by one of that throng) encircled the un building holding hands while the prophecy was read. I was told that a huge wind came up so powerfull that the building shook.

For the sake of this discussion, I will allow that a wind arose. So what? There is no causal link except in the mind of the storyteller.

Before you lay into me, ACTUALLY think about it for one moment.

*Pause*

Did you think or did you just react emtionally?

If the Hopis had access to such mystic power, would they waste it on a bunch of inanimate granite? Would they NOT harness it to help accomplish their goals?

Perhaps their goal was to fail miserably and create an entertaining, if ineffective display...

--------------------

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1125962 - 12/09/02 06:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I appreciate the link you provided. I also find your sig to be the essence of existence.

I think some of these people (Shroomery respondance) are confused w/ language and the true relation of humans. This is why they indicate the way they do.

To fortell the future in one's language requires ambiguity as the language to represent the future has not yet evolved.

We all contribute to the wellfare of the Earth. To ignore the wellbeing of the Earth has a cummulative effect. We each should do what we can to live in harmony with each other and the Earth.

To attack the illustrations of a story is to forget the words of the story and the meaning they represent. Poor illustrations in itself does not render a story untrue or unvaluable.

Here's a poem I wrote a few years ago.

Will the way of wonder,
for the day of thunder,
lightning strikes the tundra.

Poles revolve,
the mystery solved.
The day of change not a soul not involved.

The waters shall rush, the lava shall flow.
Only the chosen are proved to know.

Take these things as they are. They are warnings of what is to come if we do not live with respect to all. I think it is obvious that there will be detriment if we continue to live for things that are not true to nature.

If you play w/ fire, you are sure to get burnt.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1125972 - 12/09/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i agree a wind arose so what? it obviously isnt enough evidence to support anything. but it is still a fact and maybe a sign of a possible coincidence or synchronicity.  you have to take into account whoever made these tablets is dead, just like moses. we dont know what the hell he did or didnt do. there is by far not enough facts on anything to build a prediction + the fact that the future can still be changed, but the likelihood that it will is very very very slim. people are lazy they dont give a shit about anything. and i will tell your from personal experience, and probably experience of your own, peoples laziness ends them up dead. take columbine for example, the oil spills all the fires, why our world sucks so much ass, cause people dont give a shit, they accept what they see and thats it, they sit their lazy ass down and they dont do anything. (thats not directed towards you, just my feelings about people and the world in general) that is a emotional response i agree but its supported by what i think to be more than convincing facts that i believe could lead to a climax. there has never been this ammount of people on earth, there were never these great cities (to our knowledge) we have colonized the earth, but its severley infected, and what the hopi people believe in what i think to be the case is that this infection is about to be smashed by the earth or whatever comes from our laziness (for the prophecies: the probable outcome of ignoring these stone tablets).

its a simple truth, you ignore reality, become lazy, let these principles get lost then you will fall. its just like saying if you get lazy while driving and fall asleep your going to crash. is something going to magically make you stay alive? what these hopi people are saying are just simple rules to live by, why make things more complicated? life isnt so  complicated, people are just too lazy to see the truth, it means too much personal responsibility for watching out for ones owns actions.

like i said the hopi had two rules set forth by the spider grandmother

"dont go around hurting people, and try to understand things"

our world is a ticking time bomb, i just dont see how people think this shit can go on without anything happening. just like those snipers, they got away for a long time but eventually they got caught? hitler, mousallini (sp?), napolean, STALIN, MAO. all these people thought they could take the world, they met there fate. its not just them either, its all the lazy asses who followed them, its been a vicious cycle ever since, our world has just shrouded over these events, but i see it in the hearts of people, i see them walking around playing it out, trying to take from people whatever they want. love, acceptance, trust. but they dont want to give anything in return. these people keep going, but you think that for some reason they escape the universal rule of actions and consequences? these prohecies are just a statement of the ovbvious.

again this isnt saying any of you are like this, i mean why would you be hear in the first place if you didnt want to learn anything or subject yourself to scrutiny, like we all do, like i just did... lol  :laugh:

--------------------
What?

Anonymous

Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2 [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1126005 - 12/09/02 06:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It's crazy how many different theories independantly end up with that 2012 date isn't it?

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Hopi Prophecies (End of world as we know it?)2 [Re: ]
    #1126057 - 12/09/02 06:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

It's crazy how many different theories independantly end up with that 2012 date isn't it?

yup... makes you think

--------------------

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1126827 - 12/09/02 09:34 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I never said it was Hopi's who circled the building. It's been years since plunker related the story to me but it seems there were but a few hopi's (there aren't tons of em anyway) and the rest were non-indians. While I was writing that I was thinking about NY and the damn winds and how strong they can be there.

I am not sure if I ACTUALLY thought or just reacted emotionally though I don't see where I have much attatchment to the whole story....

I don't think the hopis made the wind come up per se but I could see an energetic thing happening in such a situation and that the natural forces playing about in that....

I am not sure of anything when it comes down to anything but I do believe in possibilities....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale