Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Questions about Honey TEK
    #471337 -

Ok.. so I didn't quite use Honey TEK.. I used dextrose instead, but it seems to have worked.

I injected 1.5 cc's of my spore syringe into the liquid growth medium, and waited 2 weeks... there are some nice little whiteish strands of mycelium in my jar.. so I put it in the fridge... I figure that 1.5 cc's probably wouldn't create much in the jar.

The question is.. if I went and made another jar, sucked up all the strands from the old jar, and injected them into the new jar... would more be produced then in the original?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions about Honey TEK [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #471408 -

the mycelium will continue to grow until there is no more food source. Also by putting it in the fridge, you are stopping growth, because of the low temp.


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions about Honey TEK [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #471557 -

ok.. about to get a bit specific here...

I have a 250 ml jar with the liquid growth solution in it.. and 1 cc out of my cubie spore syringe, questions follow:

1. how much mycelium should the jar have in it, after say two weeks?

2. how long should I let the mycelium grow in the jar before I toss it in the fridge? (cause I won't need to use it for a little while)

3. how many jars can I innoculate with the above jar?

4. when drawing the mycelium into the syringe, should I be only trying to suck up the strands, or will the surrounding solution also cause growth in brf/v substrate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions about Honey TEK [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #471564 -

ugh... one other question :)

the Honey TEK page says I can use any part of living mycelial tissue to start a liquid growth medium on it's way.. does this mean I can just chop a piece of living mushroom off and toss it in the solution and I'll see results? If not, what exactly do I use...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions about Honey TEK [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #471596 -

1. hard to answer. depends upon temperature, food for the mycelium, and the type of strain or characteristics of isolate(if a clone)

2. I'd suggest waiting until you have a nice size cloud. I know that's not telling much, but its the way dude judges. BTW - when you put it in the fridge, id recommend covering the jatr completely with al foil and putting a date on the foil for reference.

3. Hard to judge. you can use 2-3 ml per quart of grain, or 1-2 cc per half pint... really depends.

4. Just shake the jar really well, and then suck into your syringe(youll be sure to get a bunch of mycelium)

5. yes you can clone from a piece of mushroom. dude peels the stem back to the cap and cores the mushroom with a sterile syringe then shoots this into the jar of h.w.


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions about Honey TEK [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #471636 -

hmm... interesting.. food for thought, and for mushies :)

I only put 1 cc in the jar tho.. will this be enough to make a "nice size cloud" of mycelium?

Edited by Hammerloaf (11/27/01 08:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Questions about Honey TEK [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #471640 -

Certainly, You don't even need that much...


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* question about teks novicegrower185 771 1 08/23/02 02:47 PM
by mickey_rourke
* hydrating cakes tek? getmyshroomon 816 1 07/13/02 03:00 AM
by Hippie3
* Best strand for Pf TEk? DarkLemming 914 4 10/11/02 08:59 PM
by Anonymous
* Hawkeye and Alient tek questions farmer_maggot 2,775 3 08/14/01 02:50 AM
by Anno
* Honey Tek Syringe repobob 1,227 11 12/18/23 02:37 PM
by Screwup
* Q about Liquid Growth Medium Tek kid_alamo 2,172 3 08/10/02 07:41 AM
by kid_alamo
* Incubation Questions .. Worried cgrossoman 967 2 03/03/02 11:36 AM
by cgrossoman
* Q about Liquid Growth Medium Tek kid_alamo 1,311 2 08/09/02 11:45 AM
by kid_alamo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,658 topic views. 16 members, 83 guests and 191 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.