Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
This is fungusmans wife need help
    #4685360 - 09/20/05 06:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I have harvested one of his cakes this morning and i started the dunking process. (with 10 cups of water to 1/2 cup peroxide.) I also cleaned the mushrooms for the drying process. Is there anything else I need to do
to finish this process?

I also cut one of the caps off,is there anything I need to do to get it ready for a spore print or not?

Husband is at work please help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: FungusMan]
    #4685373 - 09/20/05 06:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

humm sounds like the cake should be good, just soak the cake in the water/proxide mix just remember what time you put it in.. incase he asks.

and for drying the shrooms just throw them in the dehydrator on the lowest setting, or in the descant container.. what ever you use..

and for the cap to make a print with get a piece of tin fiol and wipe it off with some alchol and wipe out the inside of a glass with alchol, put the cap on the tin foil gills down and place the cup over it.

thats very nice of you to take care of his mushies for him!! if i asked my wife she would throw a fit..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4685386 - 09/20/05 06:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

spore prints are easy. just get a piece of typing paper or a piece of tinfoil. i like the paper because foil tends to curl when you scape off the print for a syringe. spore printing tek

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4685883 - 09/20/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Also always fan dry first BEFORE using desiccants. Otherwise it's just a waste of desiccant. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: hyphae]
    #4688242 - 09/20/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey fungusman's wife, is fungusman still at work? Cuz if he is, well, if things ever start to go south with the two of you, you are more than welcome to help me tend my crop. Or maybe, it sounds like he works a lot...ever get lonely? Ah, but uh, if he's back then, ah....

Hey FungusMan! What's up buddy! Just stopped by to help the old lady with a little mycology. Yeah, I was just telling her, umm, oh yeah, that she did a great job! Yeah, she's got everything under control. Seems willmafingerdo was already by to help out *hushed undertone*I'd keep my eye on him/her, s/he was mighty quick to come around just as soon as you were off to work....oh I'm sure it was innocent......but still.....*resume normal voice* Sooooo, I guess I'll just leave you two. See you around the forums buddy....

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: mycofile]
    #4688276 - 09/20/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

LOL!!!

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

OfflineMark31186
Psychedelic Mind
Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: hyphae]
    #4688384 - 09/20/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Also always fan dry first BEFORE using desiccants. Otherwise it's just a waste of desiccant. GL

Is this really necessary? How long should i fan for then? Just get any old house hold fan and set the shroomies infront of it? i thought the guides said just to throw it in a desiccant chamber...? Anyone?

--------------------
Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: Mark31186]
    #4688397 - 09/20/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ive alwasy heard of ppl using descant to finish up the drying process to get them "cracker dry".

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4688415 - 09/20/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Put down the peroxide, run out of the grow room and lock the door behind you as fast as you can, while you still can,lol.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinesoulsizzle
nobody f**kswith The Jesus

Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: Mark31186]
    #4688575 - 09/20/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mark31186 said:
Quote:

hyphae said:

Is this really necessary? How long should i fan for then? Just get any old house hold fan and set the shroomies infront of it? i thought the guides said just to throw it in a desiccant chamber...? Anyone?

Desiccants are very thorough, but they are not very efficient. It takes a fairly good amount of time to dry mushrooms out using desiccants alone. You are much better using a standard household fan for a day to do most of the drying and letting the desiccant finish the job.

--------------------

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: soulsizzle]
    #4691316 - 09/21/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Here is a lil something in appreciation for your help, guys. BTW, FungusMan took this pic.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4691360 - 09/21/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:toast:

Now THAT's the way to show appreciation!

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: This is fungusmans wife need help [Re: FooMan]
    #4691426 - 09/21/05 05:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2: :rofl2:
This is the funniest thread I ever seen
Im going to nomiate that for pic of the month!!!!

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag