Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Shreding Horse Poo
    #4686818 -

I just picked up some horse poo today. It has been outside for a long time, dry, crumbly and really white and smells great for poo. But it has really long strainds of hay in it. If im not doing really large pans do I need to shread it up Im just thinking maybe the hay might wick contams into the mix or something?


--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shreding Horse Poo [Re: musher_420]
    #4686827 -

you shouldnt have a problem...i don't know your definition of long, but in my poo there is always noticible pieces of straw/hay/whatever that comes with it, no reason it should give you trouble.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shreding Horse Poo [Re: rygo796]
    #4686830 -

If anything it is helping the whole mix. I would also say just don't worry about it and do the propper pasturization tek.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shreding Horse Poo [Re: mushisgood_420]
    #4686928 -

will do. Thanks guys.. By long I mean like about 10 inches


--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shreding Horse Poo [Re: musher_420]
    #4686933 -

If it still bothers you pull them out after you have soaked them before the pasturizing process. Which tek will you be using?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shreding Horse Poo [Re: mushisgood_420]
    #4686958 -

i would say chop em up or get them out, you really want a nice even texture to your poo. this will help with colonization rates and being able to get a nice and even layer of poo. which in turn will help you out with an even pinset, providing (if you are casing) you have a nice even casing layer as well.
:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shreding Horse Poo [Re: backupwards]
    #4687031 -

I'm gonna do roadkills H-poo tek cased in verm/peat and oyster shells. Whice brings about another question acctually.
I got two kinds of oyster shells powdered and crushed. I mixed them together. My thinking that the powder would react quickly to get my PH up and the crushed shell would then be more long term. I mixed the whole casing about a week ago hopeing it would give it more time become neutral. ( Im gonna pastureize it a day before I case) I don't have Hydrated lime and to tell you the truth I really don't wanna use it I don't wanna over do it and without a really good PH meter I don't think I could be that accurate. Will the oyster shell be able to raise the ph in that short of time?


--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shreding Horse Poo [Re: musher_420]
    #4687130 -

Anyone?


--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Horse Poo White mold The One 4,031 18 10/26/05 11:33 AM
by blackout
* poo powder!
( 1 2 all )
closetgrower 4,376 23 04/03/05 02:58 PM
by PawPaw
* I got poo and I dont know what to do Jon 1,488 12 09/03/04 10:16 AM
by utopianglory
* oysters shell? fugu 516 3 05/31/03 10:20 AM
by fugu
* Adding Chalk(oyster shell etc) and gypsum to bulk subbs?? Psilocybeingzz 1,524 4 11/11/05 06:18 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Poo + Verm, coir, or peat kilgore_trout 2,220 13 09/29/05 03:30 PM
by kilgore_trout
* poo wetness nambi 1,590 14 05/10/05 10:57 PM
by SoopaX
* 60/40 Verm. coir. Oyster shell or not? HippieChick 1,064 10 05/04/05 09:45 PM
by HippieChick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
571 topic views. 19 members, 52 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.