Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNignugnot
Funkphiler
Loc: Northwest Ar
Equador mf's
    #4654833 - 09/13/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey brotha's I gots this container filled with an brown rice flour equadorian cake that I broke up and cased after dunkin it... Now it's sittin here on it's 7th-8th day and the entire top in covered in ryzomorph or whatever and just stays that way... Has anyone experinced a need to increase the temp for the strain? It just seems slow to me. I know, I know to keep waiting, but has anyone found optimum conditions aren't 72-77 for fruiting but actualy higher? Is my logic bunk for thinking that equador... higher temp...???? Pace nigs

--------------------
I'm an asymtope, neva gonna catch me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Equador mf's [Re: Nignugnot]
    #4654898 - 09/13/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You're not really supposed to break up a BRF cake for casing, that's for grains and bulk spawning. If you say the top is covered in rhizomorph then just be patient. Mine took forever and I was about to toss it when I finally saw a pin, then 3, then 9, 12 etc. Patience is key.

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: Equador mf's [Re: Newbie]
    #4654982 - 09/13/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Breaking up cakes for casings is how you get bigger yields from cakes, most people start out casing cakes, it sounds to me like it stayed in the inncubator too long, put casings in fruiting chamber as soon as you see any mycelium poking through at all, and I allways fruit at cooler temps.

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Loc: Up the street and around ...
Re: Equador mf's [Re: djsage420]
    #4655024 - 09/13/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I agree breaking up a cake can give larger yealds. Most importantly it gives you the ability to have a more even substrait layer. the more even the layer the better the pinn set IMO.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Equador mf's [Re: ready2go]
    #4655212 - 09/13/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

You're not really supposed to break up a BRF cake for casing, that's for grains and bulk spawning.

Bullshit. You're getting this confused. Using grains such as WBS provides more inoculation points for your poo. You can crumble and case a BRF cake just fine. Keep waiting mang, i swear, my casing and yours will fucking fruit. Im getting sick at watching the myc grow. I seriously hope it didnt overlay.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineNignugnot
Funkphiler
Loc: Northwest Ar
Re: Equador mf's [Re: coda]
    #4658642 - 09/14/05 07:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So no one has actually found that equadors have a different "perfect" range for temp? DAMN!!!!!! And all I gotta say about me over incubation was that I did put'er in there first sign of pokin, but like 10 hours later my whole top layer was ryzo so BOYAHH or something....

--------------------
I'm an asymtope, neva gonna catch me!

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: Equador mf's [Re: Nignugnot]
    #4658730 - 09/14/05 08:14 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

wurd up G, It's all good. keep up the wizzle, mizzang.
I wouldn't mess with stuff too much after some time in the fruiting chamber. And if you're in fear of overlay already, I definately wouldn't make the temp. any higher. That'll probably cause overlay for sure. How's your humidity and FAE?

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies