Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Albums from your youth that you cannot get now.
    #4645285 -

There is an album that I love by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition called "The Ballad of Calico".  My father had this on vinyl and 8-track back in the 70's and I have always loved this album.  The only copy that I have of it now is an old cassette copy that I spun off of my dad's LP 20+ years ago.

Recently I have listened to it a few times and I really wish I had a good copy on CD to listen to in my truck.  But this album was never re-released on CD.  And I've had little luck finding it in digital format.  And I no longer have a working turntable (or 8-track player! :tongue:) to run off another copy of my dad's albums.

What a bummer... :sad:


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albums from your youth that you cannot get now. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4645332 -

damm......that really sucks! 

:frown:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albums from your youth that you cannot get now. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4645356 -

I used to listen to this album "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" by the Alan Parsons Project lot as a child. I especially liked the track "The Fall of the House of Usher" on side 2!

My father's old vinyl is the only copy I've found:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albums from your youth that you cannot get now. [Re: kindkesey]
    #4645362 -

Have you tried looking it up on allmusic.com ? You can look up the label, and do a google search for re-prints/pressings


--------------------
Shows I will be spinning at
Where Life Begins-Aug. 27th
Epidural Sept 2nd/5th
Enchanted Remixed sept 15/16th(for those who missed the first)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Albums from your youth that you cannot get now. [Re: trendal]
    #4645397 -

There are copies of that on Torrent search sites on the net. I've never seen it in CD or anything (though I haven't looked) but you can find it online with some searching.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What musical album had the most impact on your life?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
deCypher 8,730 84 10/28/08 08:36 PM
by homesqueeze
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* How do I get rid of buzzin/interference with turntables? DNKYD 1,170 11 02/14/05 03:44 PM
by DNKYD
* Recommend a Turntable? Gr33nTree73 544 7 05/18/10 07:34 AM
by Gr33nTree73
* Just bought some turntables DNKYD 737 5 01/24/05 01:56 AM
by BanJankri
* Anyone know about turntables & vinyl? Gr33nTree73 537 5 12/05/09 10:10 AM
by Epilson Lyrae
* Hooking up Numark TT200 Turntables Helge 1,007 4 07/13/06 07:13 PM
by snoot
* Mixer for TT200 turntables. suggestions. Laptop. Helge 862 4 06/11/06 03:55 PM
by Helge

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
614 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 206 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.