Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I hate buying course books!
    #4629965 -

Fucking Christ.

I just dropped almost 400 dollars on course books for the semester. Fucking teachers and their "No, you need the NEW edition" Like, this Applied Hydrogeology book. I could get the 2001 edition for 10 stinking dollars. But she makes me buy the 2005 edition for 140. What a fucking cunt. I wouldnt be suprised if her husband wrote the fucking thing.

God damnit. Thats like, a MONTHS rent spent on books that half the time, we dont even use! At least my Geophysics Research Methods instructor told us we wouldnt even use the book before I bought it.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4629978 -

Buy them at www.half.com

Or used from amazon.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: spud]
    #4629984 -

Most of those were used....


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4630013 -

And?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: spud]
    #4630068 -

You can't find new (e.g. 2006 or 2005) editions at used bookstores, online or otherwise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: nookjohn]
    #4630087 -

Um, yes you can.

I've bought every single one of my college text books at half.com so far, without a problem.

I end up paying 40-70 for all my books that would cost around 400-500 in the school book store.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: spud]
    #4630120 -

Heh. I'd have that beat w/ my chem book alone on that website.

Chemistry And Chemical Reactivity (Hardcover, 2005)
Author: Gabriela C. Weaver, John C. Kotz, Paul M. Treichel Jr.

Best Price: $114.00


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4630138 -

yea i dropped $146 on an algebra book that i really dont think i am even going to end up opening...
textbook companies are evil...the difference in new editions are usually so fucking minimal...
especially math.
that shit doesnt change a whole lot


--------------------
- - - T H E E N D - - -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: FL_accciD]
    #4630161 -

one of my professors is writing a book so we get a free copy of the manuscript. as for my other classes, ill probably end up spending like 50$ this semester.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4630197 -

Ah, I'm glad I'm in the humanities, our books are cheaper and less frequently updated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: spud]
    #4630523 -

this thread inspired me to look up my books, but the schools website wont list the isbn, so i have to go get them manualy to make sure i get the right ones... so lame... but they want 300 for the books i need, and half.com looks like there cheaper, if i'm looking at the right ones


--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4630766 -

I'm not even going to buy books for my first 2 classes since I've already taken them. I don't even really pay attention, I'm just taking the class so I can take the certification test for free and have any memory refreshed.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4630779 -

One of my professors is cool; he says to get whatver edition because they're basically the same

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Boom]
    #4630869 -

my girlfiend had to pay $100 for a used english book and amazon had the same one for $40!! used


--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4630918 -

I spent $335 on my course books this semester. Not my money, though. A brotha got a handout from the man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4631537 -

The sad thing is when you go to sell it back after the semester you'll get like 30 bucks. I imagine I have spent close to $3500 on books for college over the years. :tongue:


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: chinacat72]
    #4632051 -

Ha. I spent like 500+ on books, lab supplies, lab manual, lab notebook, another fucking lock, another fucking PRS since I sold my old one, an idiots guide to chemistry, an answer manual..some other shit. I'm a book whore I guess :wink:

Bio book was 128 dollars but it's gorgeous and slowly being damaged by the raw humidity of Georgia.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate buying course books! [Re: chinacat72]
    #4632061 -

chinacat72 said:
The sad thing is when you go to sell it back after the semester you'll get like 30 bucks. I imagine I have spent close to $3500 on books for college over the years. :tongue:



The worst is when you go in all happy, ready to get around 20 or 30 back for that really really expensive one, and they say "I'm sorry, we're using a different edition next year"  :mad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I HATE STATS! l3ounTy 759 6 03/04/04 03:04 PM
by Delyrium
* spring semester starts tomarrow...ive got a few cool classes
( 1 2 all )
phishytrip 3,512 21 01/20/05 12:55 PM
by phishytrip
* The best book you've ever read?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
13eetleJuice 9,934 84 04/11/17 01:35 AM
by Big Worm
* Bob Weir: One of the 10 Most Hated Men in Rock???
( 1 2 all )
Gr8fulJ420 13,282 34 09/03/04 08:46 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* why does the shroomery hate the US Government?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 11,998 86 10/03/18 01:46 PM
by Ant89
* Jesus Hated Bald Pussy Adom 1,773 14 06/28/16 02:28 AM
by Coacervate
* Top 50 Sci Fi and & Fantasy Books jomama 1,031 3 03/06/03 11:54 AM
by CeeEssGee
* Last final of the semester is done...
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 1,953 20 05/09/05 11:54 AM
by danlennon3

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,243 topic views. 2 members, 16 guests and 62 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.