Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Man claims $400-a-week cannabis habit [NZ]
    #4625495 - 09/06/05 02:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Man claims $400-a-week cannabis habit
September 7, 2005 - stuff.co.nz

The case of a cannabis grower said to have spent $400 a week on the drug will go to a disputed facts hearing, after a lawyer argued the man's dope-growing was all for his own use.

Adam James Clark, 22, was to have been sentenced yesterday in the Christchurch District Court after admitting a charge of cultivating cannabis.

Lawyer Al Manco said Clark, a big user, had been spending $400 a week on cannabis before attempting to grow it, consuming up to an ounce and a half each week.

Admittedly Clark's operation appeared commercial at first blush and there was evidence of a large crop – but the set-up was for his own use, he said. None of the usual paraphernalia related to selling was found, such as bags or tinfoil. Also, no unusual cash reserves had been uncovered, or any records of selling.

Clark may have been pushed into cultivation because of the amount he was spending on cannabis. It was his first attempt at growing, and there was no evidence of a prior harvest, Manco said.

Sergeant Lisa Goodson said police did not accept it was all for Clark's own use because the set-up was too sophisticated.

Judge Phil Moran set the case down for a disputed facts hearing later this month but said there was a "plain inference" the operation had a big commercial potential.

Clark was remanded on bail.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find... Flag
Re: Man claims $400-a-week cannabis habit [NZ] [Re: veggie]
    #4633852 - 09/08/05 02:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sergeant Lisa Goodson said police did not accept it was all for Clark's own use because the set-up was too sophisticated.

some people just like good nuggets....

--------------------
Let me out of this place
I'm outta place
I'm in outer space
I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

[quote]Abuse said:
the dea can go fuck themselves! with the internet, the impossible is possible![/quote]

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Man claims $400-a-week cannabis habit [NZ] [Re: luckytriple6]
    #4633900 - 09/08/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

if i was gonna do an indoor grow.
and if i had that system i would grow myself a batch that would last me at least a year all at once. and with alot of pot i would probably be smoking an ounce or more a week. no reason why he couldnt be telling the truth.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Man claims $400-a-week cannabis habit [NZ] [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4633952 - 09/08/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i think smoking an ounce and a half of primo every week would leave me incapable of caring for a garden....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service