Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Man remanded in custody for cannabis charges
    #2939036 - 07/29/04 02:58 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Man remanded in custody for cannabis charges

29.07.2004 10.03 am

A Northland man caught eating a cannabis cookie on the way to work has been remanded to the High Court for sentencing.

In the Whangarei District Court yesterday, a statement of facts described how labourer Johnny Butler, 35, was stopped on State Highway 12 while driving to work on April 2.

Police searched Butler's car and found 17 cannabis tinnies in the boot of his car.

Seven cannabis cookies were also found in the car, including one Butler had already partially eaten.

Butler, who pleaded guilty to possessing cannabis for supply, admitted the tinnies were his and said he intended selling them to fellow workers, but told police the cookies were for his own consumption to "get him through the day".

Judge Thomas Everitt said possessing cannabis for supply was a serious matter.

"He was intending to contaminate his fellow employees with a very evil substance that makes people behave in a criminal way," Judge Everitt said.

He noted Butler had previous convictions for possession of cannabis for supply in 1992 and possession of cannabis in 1995, and was on bail after pleading guilty to cannabis charges in May.

Judge Everitt remanded Butler in custody to be sentenced in the High Court at Whangarei on August 11.

Another sad piece of shit reporting on drugs. Seemed like an average article, until the comments by the judge. I wasn't aware marijuana was so damn evil and it made me do criminal things. The only criminal things I do is laugh too much and play music too loud.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Man remanded in custody for cannabis charges [Re: Sheepish]
    #2939377 - 07/29/04 05:42 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

God I'd love to put that miserable confused cunty old judge out of his misery
Check this out:

"Judge Thomas Everitt made his decision [not to convict a man charged with assaulting his partner because of the man's mana] in the Kaikohe District Court in the case of a 50-year-old man who struck his partner, splitting her lip, then pushed her off a chair. The judge said while it was usual to convict in such a case, 'I accept the consequences of conviction would be substantial for the defendant. The courts recognise the concept of mana & if named, the loss by this defendant of his mana would affect him & his people significantly.'"

User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Man remanded in custody for cannabis charges [Re: zeta]
    #2949640 - 07/31/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That judge really has no credibility. Maybe I'm just evil and can't see that smoking pot is worse than beating up my girlfriend.

Edited by Sheepish (07/31/04 08:41 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service