Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is it hard to learn dutch?
    #4618904 -

So I was dreaming tonight of going to holland and ask for citizenship, and just out of curiosity I was wondering if learning dutch is very hard? say, harder than learning english for a spaniard like me?

What are your opinions?


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4618908 -

I think it's harder than english...

how did you make your exam?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: stefan]
    #4618914 -

Hey Stefan :smile:
I did better than I thought I would, actually. I think I'd pass by myself but if not I hope the teacher "helps" a little :wink: I'll go see the results tomorrow.
I'm curious as how Annom's exam went, I think I'll PM him about it.

So, why do you think it's harder? do you think someone like me could learn to speak fluently in 3-4 years? Just enough to work :grin:


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4618916 -

I'm under the impression that English is spoken widely in Holland and that you wouldn't really need to learn too much Dutch.  :shrug:






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4618918 -

Quote:
do you think someone like me could learn to speak fluently in 3-4 years? Just enough to work



I think you could yes. Why I think it's harder? because dutch is a pretty weird language full of weird grammar rules and exeptions (I think less logical than other languages, although I'm not completely sure). Also the pronounciation can be tricky for foreign people.

good to hear your exam went well :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Learyfan]
    #4618930 -

Well, when MAIA, in(di)go, exclusive and me went to Amsterdam we spoke english all the time and there was no problem. Even in Larem (a small rich town) I spoke english to the girs in the supermarket, but it wa weirder for them, I could tell.
So yeah, I guess you could speak always english, but if you want to apply for citizenship I imagine it would be way easier if you speak their language. Not everyone will be tourists :grin:


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: stefan]
    #4618952 -

stefan said:
Also the pronounciation can be tricky for foreign people.




Even my english pronunciation sucks :sad:


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: stefan]
    #4618974 -

yeah basically dutch is just a twisted version of german... and german grammar is weird indeed... although i think the dutch grammar isnt quite as fucked up... but well... it would be way easier to learn if you already knew german that is for sure...

oh and deeps dont worry about pronunciatioun... i lived in ecuador for 13 years and i still cannot roll the "rr" (as in perro) with my tongue... have to do them on the back of my throat... well there came a time when i even stopped trying, because girls kept telling me they found the accent sexy...  :grin:

and you should definitely move to holland... cuz it's just around the corner from cologne hehehe  :thumbup: :sun:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: In(di)go]
    #4618992 -

hey Ingo, how are you and when do you start studying again?
got any mail lately? :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: stefan]
    #4619004 -

i'm pretty good thank you... trying to hook up with this chick but it looks a little hard since she's the best friend of an ex-gf of mine...

i start studying in october... still looking for a place, though... but that'll work out i'm pretty sure about it...

and yes, i got the mail thank you very much! it was greatly enjoyed hehehe  :thumbup:

btw deeps, check your email if you get the chance!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: In(di)go]
    #4619027 -

Se?or!!! Good to hear from you! I still owe you a PM :o
SO, since this thread was created by me I say that it now is about this chick you talk about In(di)go :grin:
Tell us, tell us!

:mushroom2::heart::sun:

PS:I'm seriously considering going to holland to live for at least some years, would it be too hard to get a job, etc?


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4619031 -

good to hear man, good luck with that girl too (I have such a 'project' going on too :smirk:) :thumbup:

don't know deepman how easy it is to get a job, probably not so hard as long as you don't expect too much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: stefan]
    #4619038 -

I'd be uttermost happy working on a smart shop :smile: Is that too much?

In(di)go: I just read you email man, it was fun reading your spanish again :lol: I'm about to check some new episodes of Alejo and Valentina, it's fucking hilarious!

In(di)go said:
and you should definitely move to holland... cuz it's just around the corner from cologne hehehe  :thumbup: :sun:



That's actually a pretty good reason I've already written down on my reasons list :grin:


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4619053 -

well... i was going out with this chick for about 3 weeks and it didn't quite work out for me so i broke up with her... that was about 2 days before going to holland hehehe... and well when i came back she went on vacation and just returned last week...

so she calls me up on wednesday and asks me if i wanted to go out with her and her friends... i say yeah definitely i'm bored as fuck anyways so i'm in... we started drinking at one of her friend's house (the girl i am trying to hook up with) and i was blown away firstly by her taste... the doors blasting on the stereo... really nice apartment, and well the chick (she's called olivia) is just as beautiful as it gets... so we all drink (except the designated driver) and go to this club where we continue drinking... so after awhile everyone is kinda strewn about dancing and whatnot... so i start talking to olivia and it was one of those deep conversations where you skip all sorts of small-talk... and we started talking about music and art and turns out she is one of those persons that need music to live... music = soulfood... such as me... now this kind of person is HARD to find here, especially the female kind... so yeah you could say i have a small crush on her...

now from the looks of it from that night i think she might be into me as well but the whole deal with my ex being her best friend is definitely not making this easy... basically i will hardly ever catch her alone and even if i do i don't know for sure if she is into me (she MIGHT be, but i'm not sure) and even if she was into i don't know if she would be willing to jeopardize her friendship with helen to start something up with me... and even if she would, i am moving 300 km away from here in a month so that's that... hrmph...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4619063 -

Deepman said:
I'd be uttermost happy working on a smart shop :smile: Is that too much?

In(di)go: I just read you email man, it was fun reading your spanish again :lol: I'm about to check some new episodes of Alejo and Valentina, it's fucking hilarious!

In(di)go said:
and you should definitely move to holland... cuz it's just around the corner from cologne hehehe  :thumbup: :sun:



That's actually a pretty good reason I've already written down on my reasons list :grin:



yeah it definitely is a good reason... it is also another reason for me to move to cologne cuz i can go visit the dutch shroomerites  :thumbup:

hehehe and yeah man, i felt all weird writing you in spanish... dunno why though... glad you enjoyed alejo y valentina... keep downloading those episodes they get even funnier...  :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: In(di)go]
    #4619272 -

actualy from what i've heared its REALLY difficult to get dutch citizenship and even harder to find places to rent around amsterdam...

i recall some guy's website about "how to move to holland" or something like that
i'd look it up but i don't have a clue where to start so...


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: In(di)go]
    #4619279 -

You kind of have to pop your tongue off the roof of your mouth.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4619357 -

hahaha yeah i know the theory... it's the practical part of the double "r" that i can't master


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Simisu]
    #4624710 -

simisu said:
actualy from what i've heared its REALLY difficult to get dutch citizenship and even harder to find places to rent around amsterdam...

i recall some guy's website about "how to move to holland" or something like that
i'd look it up but i don't have a clue where to start so...



I looked around, but to no avail :shrug:
I would expect it to be very hard, I guess the best way is to have someone there to hire you directly, and then look for a cheap place to stay. But who would hire me is the question :grin:


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it hard to learn dutch? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4624712 -

Hey Deepman, you should definitely come to Holland!!! Dutch is very easy...  :tongue:

I don't know how easy it will be for you, but you sure can learn to speak it very good in one year if you do your best. 3-4 years and your dutch will be perfect. All you need to do is speak it as much as possible, which can be hard because most people speak English so you don't need to speak dutch.

If you come to Holland and start learning Dutch, I'll start learning Spanish!

Do you have a Spanish passport? Then you are free to live and work in Holland. That's the cool thing about the EU. I don't know if you can get a dutch citizenship, but you don't need it :smile: as long as you have a EU passport.

I'm not sure how hard it will be to find work. Nothing is impossible though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Border Agents plan to eradicate all plant life on the us/mexican border with agent orange like stuff snoot 821 9 03/26/09 06:08 PM
by The_Ghost
* Travel report Thailand Una 2,197 8 10/23/02 06:52 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Why Do Mexicans Listen To Such Bad Music?
( 1 2 3 all )
GabbaDj 8,066 51 02/25/11 01:23 PM
by Bodhi of Ankou
* Why did the Dutch ban magic mushrooms?
( 1 2 all )
overstand 3,809 32 04/13/11 10:52 PM
by mill
* Just had a mexican standoff with a skunk. kilroy69 661 8 07/29/08 03:10 AM
by just me
* Going to Thailand on January 4th!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
nicechrisman 6,246 67 01/01/12 04:12 PM
by nicechrisman
* Dutch police use 'decoy Jews' to stop anti-Semitic attacks
( 1 2 all )
LobsterSauceDiscord 4,748 29 06/24/10 08:58 PM
by Cannabischarlie
* The Dutch Join Failed Drug War
( 1 2 all )
gerryjarcia 2,433 21 06/01/11 07:53 PM
by gerryjarcia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,582 topic views. 6 members, 10 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.