Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Going to Thailand on January 4th!
    #15328372 - 11/05/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

That's right! I'm going to Thailand for a whole month- most of January, beginning of February. I'm super excited. I've always wanted to go.

Who else has been there? Who wants to share some anecdotes about Thailand?

I'm not quite sure of my itinerary, but have figured out some places I want to go.

I want to spend a few days in Bangkok. It sounds like quite a city. Lots of museums and temples. Lots of traffic, neon lights, pollution, people. It sounds like quite a spectacle. I don't expect this to be my favorite part of my trip, but it sounds like there's a lot worth seeing there.

I want to go up north to Chiang Mai. It is also a big city but sounds much more spread out and peaceful, with lots of good side trip options.

I want to go on a river boat trip on the Mekong river-the mighty river of SE Asia. Probably go from Thailand into Luang Prabang in Laos.

I want to go to the Andaman coast, as it sounds like some of the most epic beach scenery in the world. I guess this is where they filmed the movie "The Beach". I never seen it. There are some islands off the coast in particular that sound like what many of the more "touristy" islands used to be like before them got big time. Ko Phayam in particular sounds super chill.

I'm going solo. I'm sure I'll meet many great people along the way. I don't speak hardly a word of Thai, but I have a Thai phrases CD coming, and intend to take a week long Thai class once I get there to learn some basics of communication.

I'm curious of peoples' experiences with weed in Thailand. I've heard much conflicting info on the matter.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Edited by nicechrisman (01/01/12 02:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYou Agree
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: nicechrisman]
    #15328411 - 11/05/11 07:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Are you going to have sex with children there or just adults?

--------------------
PCP:heart: - LSD:thumbup: - DMT:nonono: - Shrooms - ketamine:thumbup: - Meth:eek: - Heroin - Methoxetamine - MDA - 5-MeO-DMT - Mescaline - Foxy - Indopan - DPT - Kratom - MDPV - Marinol - DOM - Bromo-DragonFLY - 2c-i - 2c-t-2 - Methcathinone - Kava

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: You Agree] * 1
    #15328421 - 11/05/11 07:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

They're all so petite it's hard to tell the difference really.

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineYou Agree
Male

Loc: Flag
    #15328425 - 11/05/11 07:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
They're all so petite it's hard to tell the difference really.

Yeah I've had that problem too but after enough alcohol it doesn't even matter.

--------------------
PCP:heart: - LSD:thumbup: - DMT:nonono: - Shrooms - ketamine:thumbup: - Meth:eek: - Heroin - Methoxetamine - MDA - 5-MeO-DMT - Mescaline - Foxy - Indopan - DPT - Kratom - MDPV - Marinol - DOM - Bromo-DragonFLY - 2c-i - 2c-t-2 - Methcathinone - Kava

Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Loc: NC
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: You Agree]
    #15328456 - 11/05/11 08:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What are you most excited to experience?

--------------------
eat more algae.

Invisiblecasket
Closed Casket
Male

Loc: psw
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: fake estate]
    #15328464 - 11/05/11 08:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

have sex with the kids and adults.problem solved.

--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

Offlinespoonbomb
    #15328474 - 11/05/11 08:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds awesome man!
I love Thailand its a beautiful place.
I can recommend the islands they are incredible. I went on a cruise starting at phi phi island (near phuket) and we actually stopped on the island where the beach was filmed, it wasn't great because the whole tiny island was packed with tourists. The other islands are amazing though, one of the larger ones we went to was a nature sanctuary with crazy animals walking about everywhere.
Phuket is a crazy place good if you wanna party and stuff. (Stay away from the ping pong shows)
As to weed I didn't try and buy out there but I'm sure it is easy to find some.
you should give this a read
http://www.webehigh.com/index.php?l=1&country=Thailand

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15328510 - 11/05/11 08:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

get yourself a nice little lady-boy

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#15328538 - 11/05/11 08:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Don't use drugs there, not even smoke a joint. The beauty of Thailand is matched by the abysmal awfulness of their prisons.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Asante]
    #15328562 - 11/05/11 08:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I appreciate your advice Wiccan, but knowing me, if pot is available I WILL smoke it. I have been told by many to be extremely careful, which I will be. I won't go around asking for it, but if it finds me and it feels right, I will do it discreetly.

That said, pot certainly isn't my reason for going to Thailand. I'm sure anything I found there wouldn't even come close to holding a candle to the medical grade stuff I get here.

To the other posters, I know it's all in good fun, but I really kinda think it's a shame that when you mention Thailand, the first thing that comes to many peoples' minds is prostitution and underage sex.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Edited by nicechrisman (11/05/11 08:38 PM)

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: fake estate]
    #15328718 - 11/05/11 09:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fake estate said:

Probably the food. LOL. Really though, food is always one of my favorite parts of travel. That and just taking in the sights and sounds of a foreign country.

Oh, and I want to go to the Tiger Temple http://tigertemple.org/tigertemple_new/page_article.php?article_ID=153&id=67

--------------------

John C. Lily

Edited by nicechrisman (11/05/11 09:21 PM)

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #15328858 - 11/05/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I'd stay away from doing illegal things there.  I've heard some fucked up horror stories of their prisons.

--------------------

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15329010 - 11/05/11 10:33 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Haven't been to Thailand, but I've been to Vietnam a few times and I imagine things would go down fairly similar.

Most of the people who drive around looking for tourists to take on motorbike tours seem to sell pot as well.
At a bar one of the waiters hooked me up with some alright stuff. Another time a dude on a motorbike offered me some, and we went to a cafe and smoked a joint before I bought any off him. Then another time I was walking home from a bar really pissed and just asked some guy sleeping on the side of the road if he could get me any. A few minutes later some guy came on a scooter and picked me up and took me a little bit down the road, hooked me up with a Q then drove me back to my hotel.

Most of the stuff is pretty shitty quality.. You need to smoke about  few grams in a joint to feel anything worthwhile, and apparently you have to be careful in case people try to sell you tea leaves instead of weed.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Nevermind]
    #15329146 - 11/05/11 11:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Almond Flour]
    #15329199 - 11/05/11 11:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Again, I appreciate everyone's concern on the Thai prison issue, but I would NEVER be doing any drug smuggling from anywhere to anywhere down there. I'm talking about smoking a couple doobies if I find a safe enough feeling environment for doing such things.

Lets hear some good shit about Thailand! http://www.thailandlife.com/thai-food/index.php

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Nevermind]
    #15329270 - 11/05/11 11:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've been and there is no way you wont have a good time, even if you die.

Firstly, suggestions.
Pai (Just a three hour vomit inducing van ride through the jungles of Thailand from Chang Mia)
Bangkok > Khaosan Road
Islands
Ko Phi Phi
Ko Phangan > Haad Rin > Full Moon Party
Ko Samui

Now, IME...
Pai is fucking amazing they have some hot water springs and a really cool off the beaten path hippy vibe.

Khoasan Road is the main tourist hangout in Bangkok.  You'll find all the attractions in or around Bangkok and travel agents that can provide you with help to go elsewhere in Thailand on Khoasan, just be careful.

Ko Phi Phi is a tiny little party island where you can go to live in the lap of luxury and have a blast.  Also you can go visit Maya beach, the beach where "The Beach" was filmed.  FYI The island the beach is on is not part of Phi Phi and is tiny, probably less than a square km.  The pot fields and everything else from the movie is all just movie magic.

Ko Phangan is a large island and the full moon party is held on a small peninsula named Haad Rin on the south end of the island.  They also have half moon party's so if you want to experience the party just plan your trip so you're there during or directly in between full moons.  FYI on the party beach there's a bar up on the rocks called Mellow Mountain, they serve a variety of psychoactive drinks.  Also Haad Rin is TINY (takes 10min to walk east-west), and if you want to sleep you'll have to walk accross the peninsula to the non-party beach, there are plenty of bungalow renting places there, Lela Beach resort is the cheapest (they have crap bungalows for cheap), that's where I stayed, the other ones on Haad Rin Nok (west side) are expensive resorts.  As, far as drugs go they're available but illegal, so buy with caution.

Ko Samui is just a relaxed amazing hippyish island for divers, and you can get a legit world wide divers licence cheap.  Highly recommended.

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Edited by Idiot (11/05/11 11:47 PM)

OfflineInvisibleHunter
Stranger

#15329333 - 11/05/11 11:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Quote:

fake estate said:

Probably the food. LOL. Really though, food is always one of my favorite parts of travel. That and just taking in the sights and sounds of a foreign country.

Oh, and I want to go to the Tiger Temple http://tigertemple.org/tigertemple_new/page_article.php?article_ID=153&id=67

Go to Tiger Kingdom up near Chiang Mai. It's much more interactive and has a better reputation.

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15329544 - 11/06/11 01:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Yeah I'd stay away from doing illegal things there.  I've heard some fucked up horror stories of their prisons.

Well what I've heard it once you've money to give them to keep quiet if you're caught you'll be fine, as long as you're not dealing.

--------------------

Offlineq667
part time shaman
Male

Loc: France Flag
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #15329896 - 11/06/11 02:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I might move to Chiang Mai in the near future, so excited!
I know almost nothing about Thailand so I'll be checking this thread :smile: I'll deffinitely check out Pai and Tiger Kingdom.

Also I'll probably sneak in a few tabs of LSD and some molly with me. Hopefully I won't end up in those horrible prisons for 10 years...

OP, if I end up going and you pass by Chiang Mai :pm: me and we'll grab a few beers :grin:

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: q667]
    #15330316 - 11/06/11 08:44 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I certainly will. I plan on going to Chiang Mai. Just not sure at what point in my journey. I might cross over into Laos while up north, and I'm not sure if that will end my 30 day Thai visa that you get when you fly in. Otherwise I think they only issue 15 day visas anymore if entering by land. For that reason, I may have to visit the north on the latter half of my month there for logistical reasons.

I would rather go straight to Chiang Mai from Bangkok as soon as I get in country as I hear they have some of the best language schools there. I'm sure there's good language schools in Bangkok too, but I don't know if I'll want to spend that much time there...

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineKremrBigSikter
Spränger Språnger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15330394 - 11/06/11 09:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If you wanna do drugs, do it in chill backpacker places and definitely not in Bangkok. You can probably find really cheap bushweed in Laos, I didn't look for it but I only spent a day there.

When you're in Bangkok, dare to go outside Khaosan. It's a huge and very interesting city to walk around in, just take the subway/skytrain to stations with funny-sounding names and see what they have there. The prostitutes come out at night, especially in the sukhumvit area, and they market themselves agressively, so if you're not into that, be warned and stay sober. Some of them try to pickpocket you, especially if you look drunk. Also, an astonishing number of them are shemales.

--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: nicechrisman] * 1
    #15330399 - 11/06/11 09:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

go mushroom hunting!

OfflineInvisibleHunter
Stranger

#15330446 - 11/06/11 09:26 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I want to spend a few days in Bangkok. It sounds like quite a city. Lots of museums and temples. Lots of traffic, neon lights, pollution, people. It sounds like quite a spectacle. I don't expect this to be my favorite part of my trip, but it sounds like there's a lot worth seeing there.

Bangkok is very cool. Stay near Khao San Road, but not actually on it. It gets very noisy and the rooms aren't generally as good. If you go north a block or two it is a bit more chilled. You can shop around for a guesthouse as there are plenty there. I used Bangkok as a hub last time I was travelling and always stayed in the same place for US$8 per night - own room, shared bathroom. There is a lot to do around the city but I found the best thing about Bangkok is the overall chilled vibe; it is great to just sit in one of the outdoor restaurants, grab a longneck of local beer, and just watch the people go by.

I want to go up north to Chiang Mai. It is also a big city but sounds much more spread out and peaceful, with lots of good side trip options.

Chiang Mai is also cool. You can go on trekking tours for up to a week, take a tour to Chiang Rai and the Golden Triangle, visit Hilltribe villages, etc. Tours can be booked pretty much anywhere and run all the time. Last time I was in Chiang Mai I was also there around the end of January and nearly everything was booked out due to the Chinese New Year. At that time I was probably with about 5 people and we all had to stay in separate places. Just a heads up.

I want to go on a river boat trip on the Mekong river-the mighty river of SE Asia. Probably go from Thailand into Luang Prabang in Laos.

I've done this the opposite way, Luang Prabang to Thai border. It's not the most exciting trip but it is nice and relaxing. Allow a day on either side for crossing the border as it is only open during the day. There are speedboats available but these can be dangerous and the journey is painful.

I want to go to the Andaman coast, as it sounds like some of the most epic beach scenery in the world. I guess this is where they filmed the movie "The Beach". I never seen it. There are some islands off the coast in particular that sound like what many of the more "touristy" islands used to be like before them got big time. Ko Phayam in particular sounds super chill.

If you are heading south go to Koh Phi Phi Don for a night or two. You can get there from Phuket or Krabi. From there you can jump on a longtail boat to visit Koh Phi Phi Ley and check out Maya Bay (The Beach location). It is usually packed with tourists but I found if you went around sunset most of the charters/tour groups had left.

I'm going solo. I'm sure I'll meet many great people along the way. I don't speak hardly a word of Thai, but I have a Thai phrases CD coming, and intend to take a week long Thai class once I get there to learn some basics of communication.

It's almost impossible not to make friends. Just strike up a conversation in a bar or on transport and before you know it you will have accumulated a whole group of friends. People are usually taking the same tourist route so it's easy to find travelling partners.

Learning Thai is not necessary at all really. Most of the Thai people you will encounter will know English and if they don't you can work around it. Thailand is well established in terms of tourism.

I'm curious of peoples' experiences with weed in Thailand. I've heard much conflicting info on the matter.

You can get weed pretty much anywhere in SE Asia, just be careful (obviously). All of the countries have strict no drug policies, but they all seem to enforce it to different degrees. I've even been stopped and searched on the streets by Thai police for no reason.

Anyways, if you have anymore questions just ask, I've travelled through most of SE Asia.

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: InvisibleHunter]
    #15330713 - 11/06/11 11:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet. Thanks for all the info. I'm really excited about my trip!

AEPoe- when I will be there will be during the dry season, so I doubt there will be much mushrooms around to pick.

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
    #15332020 - 11/06/11 04:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If you're planning to go out of Thailand, Laos may not be the safest most interesting place to go.  I'd say head into Cambodia, check out Phnom Penn, an amazing cultural center, and Siem Reap and check out the Angkor Wat and other wats in the area.

Phnom Penn has the War Museum, Killing Fields, Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum.  And things not related to the khmer rouge such as tours into the villages floating on Tonle Sap, massive ornate old market style shopping centers.

Having said that I'm not sure what Laos has to offer, but when I was there Thailand wouldn't sell visas to Laos and you had to travel through Burma, which is twice as dangerous.

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

OfflineInvisibleHunter
Stranger

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Idiot]
    #15333441 - 11/06/11 10:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Laos is actually really safe, probably more so if you stick to the tourist route: Vientiane -> Vang Vieng -> Luang Prabang (and Pakse, but that is way down in the bottom of Laos). I travelled it by myself and met plenty of others who were also travelling solo. Visas can be bought at the airport or on the border on arrival. It is a different price for all nationalities, Canada and the US being the most expensive at around US$40 (that was when I was there earlier this year - they are known to change the price day to day).

My friend is doing the same trip in December, 3 weeks in Thailand and 1 week in another country. Like I told him: if you want to chill and see some culture, go to Cambodia; if you want to party, go to Laos.

Offlinecountchocula420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #15333464 - 11/06/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

buy some black tar heroin

--------------------

Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery
Loc: Middle TN Flag
Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: countchocula420]
    #15333651 - 11/06/11 11:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If you're in Pattaya Beach, say hi to Joy for me, if she still works at the beer garden on walking street, okay?

Invisiblecasket
Closed Casket
Male

Loc: psw
ima get dat thai pussy [Re: limestoneman]
    #15333662 - 11/06/11 11:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

do it.

--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: limestoneman]
    #15333706 - 11/06/11 11:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm. I see that Chinese New year falls during my planned visit time. I wonder how this impacts travel and accommodations around the country? Sounds like it's kinda a big deal in Chiang Mai, I wonder if it will be a hassle everywhere in the country, or if it is less celebrated down south.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#15334019 - 11/07/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think it may actually be illegal in Thailand, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to pick the leaves :shrug:, but I guess kratom grows all over the place there :thumbup: .

:stoner:

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: openmind]
    #15337432 - 11/07/11 06:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm, never tried kratom. I do have a sample that's been in my drawer for a year or so. Maybe I'll try it and see what I think.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
    #15337460 - 11/07/11 06:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Long time, no see, Chris!

I've been to Bangkok when I was MUCH younger! Don't have much to contribute, but...

Flooding (from the heavy rain) is a SERIOUS problem there-- as you already know if you watch the news.
You will see entire cul-de-sacs and areas downtown flooded. Shops have to close down.

Bugs (e.g. cockroaches) are bad there. And fucking huge.

Everyone seems to commute by moped/motorcycle.

They like to make stuff spicy!

The air is thick with pollution.

That's about all I remember.
Have fun! Be careful!

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15337527 - 11/07/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, nice to see you. I haven't been on much in a while. I hope the flooding scares all the other tourists from coming! It will be the dry season by then, so I'm sure it will be fine.

I might be back down in your neck of the woods in the not so distant future. My grandma's kinda on her last leg, and I may have to go down there. I'm kinda even considering moving back down there, but not so sure on that. I'll let you know if I end up down there.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
    #15337570 - 11/07/11 06:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Very sorry to hear about your grandma.

I'm actually moving to Colorado in January some time.
We might just miss each other.
The economy here is pretty awful.

I think I went to Bangkok in the summer time, and there was still a freak rainstorm which flooded everything. Just be prepared.

Also, they have malls of pirated stuff there. Cheap movies, shirts, everything you can imagine.
Some of the shirts fall apart in a wash or two. Others I still have. (They're hard to mistake for the real thing though.)
(It'd be kind of silly to go there now in the day and age of torrents though.)
The computer hardware was more expensive than it is here though.

I went there when I was 12, so I know nothing of the whores. All I have to say for that one is, "Wear a condom." :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: countchocula420]
    #15337914 - 11/07/11 08:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Black tar heroin? Ha! They have Heroin No. 4 there, white and powdery as coffee creamer.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15341111 - 11/08/11 03:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think I'll be taking any heroin while I'm there. Probably stick to alcohol and weed for the most part (assuming weed is available to some degree), maybe some mushrooms if they come across my path and if feels right.

I guess there's these amphetamine pills that are all the rage in SE asia these days called ya ba. Think I'll steer clear of those. Not a big fan of stimulants in general.

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineChemical_Sandman
Fr33Y0uRM1Nd
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #15341344 - 11/08/11 07:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

pervert!:hwbm:

--------------------

"It is not a conspiracy, don't call it a conspiracy. It is all out in the open and it stands on the ignorance, apathy and stupidity of the American people that is the foundation upon which the New World Order is built." --William Cooper

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Chemical_Sandman]
    #15343742 - 11/09/11 08:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical_Sandman said:
pervert!:hwbm:

:freshwtf:

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15343961 - 11/09/11 09:44 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm thinking if I do an excursion into Laos, maybe I should check out Vang Vieng. Has anyone been there? Sounds like kinda a hot spot on the SE asia backpacker circuit. Know for innertube rafting, partying backpackers, and "happy" pizza and shakes. Some happy with pot, some happy with mushrooms.

Sounds like it could be my kind of scene for a day or two. Probably not the cultural highlight of my tour, but sounds like a fun time.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery
Loc: Middle TN Flag
    #15345492 - 11/09/11 04:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Keep your wallet in your hip pocket, not your back pocket.

Offlinecountchocula420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #15346267 - 11/09/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Black tar heroin? Ha! They have Heroin No. 4 there, white and powdery as coffee creamer.

yeah youre probably right...lol...i never seen anything BUT black tar heroin...so i guess i just said it..but yea its prolly white out there

--------------------

OfflineInvisibleHunter
Stranger

#15347869 - 11/10/11 12:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
So I'm thinking if I do an excursion into Laos, maybe I should check out Vang Vieng. Has anyone been there? Sounds like kinda a hot spot on the SE asia backpacker circuit. Know for innertube rafting, partying backpackers, and "happy" pizza and shakes. Some happy with pot, some happy with mushrooms.

Sounds like it could be my kind of scene for a day or two. Probably not the cultural highlight of my tour, but sounds like a fun time.

Yeah, I have. It's fun, but it's a massive trap - I planned to go there for two days, ran into some friends and ended up staying there longer than a week. To sum it up:

1. Weed, shrooms, opium and (sometimes) speed are on the menu. Literally. They are all available in bags or pre-prepared, e.g. opium in tobacco cigarettes, weed in joints, and mushrooms as shakes. If you want to do these things, stay inside the restaurant or do them in a chilled out backpackers away from the main part of town. Some journalists have written articles on Vang Vieng if you want to learn more.

2. Aside from some nice views, there is nothing there but partying. There are a lot of drunk fucktards around as the party starts first thing in the morning on the river and then moves into town at night. As with the rest of SE Asia, there are buckets everywhere.

3. Even though a lot of the locals hate the tourists, they want the money and have set up the whole town just for tourists, e.g. most of the restaurants play Friends or Family Guy all day long.

4. Don't bother with a tube. It becomes a massive hassle and it isn't necessary. You can walk or swim from bar to bar on the river.

5. Be careful. Many people have died or seriously injured themselves on that river. While most of the time it's from people getting too fucked up, a lot of people injure themselves using the slides or rope swings on the river.

Edited by InvisibleHunter (11/10/11 12:31 AM)

InvisibleItes
Stranger

#15348597 - 11/10/11 06:34 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice man, im sure you gonna enjoy Thailand!
Its a country with many culture, excellent food, friendly and warm people and its just beautiful around there. Its much more than just sex and drugs.
I mostly enjoyed the west coast around that time of the year.
Krabi and surroundings is very nice. The Emerald Pool is a place nearby (with a rental scooter is easy and cheap to get there) and its such mystical place, def. worth to go and chill there.
http://www.thetrippacker.com/en/destination/place/attraction/krabi-emerald-pool-attraction

...in the Andaman Sea, and if your looking for some peaceful time, i advise Koh Lipe also, its super chill.
Very small island, originally inhabited by sea gypsies, now with very decent accommodation (mostly bungalows) and restaurants. by night lots of beach bars with (live) music, fire shows, great atmosphere! Reggae music playing on the speakers almost everywhere
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko_Lipe

Also, in general when it comes to eat, the food stalls everywhere along the streets, were my places of choice seeing that all the locals would also be eating there; its cheaper and clean and very tasty.
Hiking in the Thai jungles is also amazing.
When buying stuff at markets or with tuk tuk rides is always worth to brag about the price.
accommodation around Khao San Road (Bangkok) is very expensive, advise to stay a bit further from that area where the prices can be 4 or 5 times cheaper.
and i was there with chinese new years, and didn't notice any difference compared with any other day, except from the big celebrations and gathering of peoples in and around the chinatown.
oh btw, i also enjoyed a lot travelling the country by train, you'll get to see a lot of nice landscape and remote inspiring areas.

for the rest, just go and enjoy has it comes, take your good vibes and spirit and im sure you'll have a good time!

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Ites]
    #15348988 - 11/10/11 09:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you both (invisible and ites) for this great info. I'll have to do some research on Ko Lipe. There's so many awesome islands out there to choose from.

I'm curious if they have a "happy menu" on the smaller islands like Ko Lipe. Not that that's the only reason I'm going by any means, but I like to know what my options are at least.

--------------------

John C. Lily

InvisibleItes
Stranger

#15354459 - 11/11/11 08:17 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you're welcome, i'm happy too!

indeed there are many amazing island in Thailand, to choose from.
but transportation is cheap, and its easy to travel around there.

about happy menus, when you'll be looking to experience that, you better choose for places like Phuket and Koh Phangan, where they have the famous full moon parties too.

Lipe is a different place; very small (there was not even a single ATM machine there and actually you can walk around the whole island in 1 hour)
they didn't have big parties there, but you can chill at the beach bars and their comfy lounges with carpets and pillows in the sand, and in a few of them, you can order weed and/or joints too. and man, their herb was good, i gotta say!

they didn't had a happy menu, we just asked the guys that were working at the bar.
about other happy items more then weed, i don't know if they have or not, in Lipe!
i guess they try to keep all that a bit low, maybe cause some families and older people visit the place too. and, haha, there's also on one side of the island, a military training base! but funnily enough, with respect and the necessary discretion, we kept smoking and enjoying our time there.

and btw, around the island is beautiful for snorkeling and diving!

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Ites]
    #15359561 - 11/12/11 09:33 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Dang, there are so many amazing sounding islands in Thailand that it's hard to decide on one. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Lipe sounds pretty amazing, I'm just trying to see what all my best options are!

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15452135 - 12/01/11 10:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Went and got my vaccinations on Tues. Dang, I felt like shit all day weds. Good thing I had the day off.

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #15452344 - 12/01/11 10:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Went and got my vaccinations on Tues. Dang, I felt like shit all day weds. Good thing I had the day off.

Correlation?:watchingyou:

--------------------

Offlinehuman experience
Stranger

#15452539 - 12/01/11 11:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

January, is a good time to go. You won't be in the middle of the rainy season and not too humid. Thailand is beautiful, but know what to avoid......

Definitely read up on/google the scams in Thailand. There are too many to list. The land of smiles can turn dark very quickly. You have to protect yourself somewhat, but don't let it stress you out or ruin the trip.

http://www.thailandtips.info/for/thailand-scams/

There is a local price and foreigner (Farang) price. Everything is negotiated. Whatever they say take more than half down. Walk away. They will say "How much you pay"?

My friend just got back from Thailand 3 weeks ago and she said many places were shut down from the recent flooding. So check ahead to not waste your travel time.

Don't trust the drivers for anything. (Tuk Tuk or Taxi). You are better to set a price with the taxi first, before you get in the car. Check your map first, tell them where you want to go. Each time I go to Thailand I always catch them trying something. Keep in mind this is mostly Bangkok/Pataya. The Tuk Tuk guys can be cool too, so try to read who you are dealing with.

Be careful with any substances, many people will turn around and tell friend cops. I will never go to a Thai Jail. People sometimes find anyway they can to get money out of tourists.

North, jungles, elephants, and sometimes little dangerous on the border.
South Islands, Paradise....... just incredible.
Bangkok, insane but an experience.

Some of my favorites were the floating market, reclining buddha, tiger temple, Islands. If your first trip, you must see the ladyboy and ping pong shows. :eek:

Here is why my girlfriend will never let me go to Thailand alone.
Bar girls:
http://www.mypattaya.com/173findgirlsnight.asp

Bring some light pants and shoes that cover your toes in your pack. Otherwise they won't let you in the temples, etc.

If you have a whole month. You will see some amazing places and have lots of fun. You may even consider dropping into Cambodia (Angkor Watt, etc.) Cambodia is more tolerant with things like weed and magic pizza. That is possibly my next trip in spring (Cambodia or India?)

Have Fun! Be Safe.

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: human experience]
    #15456298 - 12/02/11 08:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all the good heads up. I've heard about some of the scams there. I'll have to read up to know about the current ones, but I'm sure they've come up with some you won't hear about too. LOL.

I don't plan on spending too much time in Bankok, and probably no time in Pataya, so hopefully won't be too inundated.

I'm getting more and more excited as the time gets closer.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15550701 - 12/21/11 01:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I'm bumpin this again cuz I'm so damn excited and it's coming up in less than 2 weeks. Also wanted to share this with yall http://www.anniesbangkok.com/ Looks like a fun place!

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #15550711 - 12/21/11 01:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
Yeah, I'm bumpin this again cuz I'm so damn excited and it's coming up in less than 2 weeks. Also wanted to share this with yall http://www.anniesbangkok.com/ Looks like a fun place!

Hopefully they have some girls that are more attractive than the ones on their front page :tongue:

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15550727 - 12/21/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think there's a separation from internet attractive and real life attractive.

Besides, I got the yellow fever REAL BAD!

--------------------

John C. Lily

Edited by nicechrisman (12/21/11 01:15 PM)

Offlinespoonbomb
    #15550760 - 12/21/11 01:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Be wary man when I was out there I found that a lot of the ladyboys were more attractive than the real ladies.
Always check!

But have fun man Thailand is an awesome place :cool:

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15550890 - 12/21/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

spoonbomb said:
Be wary man when I was out there I found that a lot of the ladyboys were more attractive than the real ladies.
Always check!

But have fun man Thailand is an awesome place :cool:

are you teh ghey?

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinespoonbomb
    #15550905 - 12/21/11 01:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No :ifyoucanawe:

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

#15550951 - 12/21/11 01:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder why lady boys are so popular over there...

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15550989 - 12/21/11 01:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

spoonbomb said:
No :ifyoucanawe:

I'm just messin man. i've heard it's really hard to tell the difference. Many of them even have full sex changes. I've been told as a rule of thumb, the drunker you are, the shorter the girl you should take home. Thai girls tend to be quite short, while men are a little taller.

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

#15551003 - 12/21/11 02:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'd rather fuck a ladyboy if she was hotter than all the real girls. Who cares how it may reflect on your sexual preference :shrug:

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15551056 - 12/21/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

are you teh ghey?

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinespoonbomb
    #15551065 - 12/21/11 02:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:niggawhy: :ancientaliens: :borat:

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

#15551079 - 12/21/11 02:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nah brah, I'm bi. I think we all are.
You guys are just afraid to step out of your social programming :smirk:

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15554063 - 12/21/11 11:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I was just foolin man. It's all good. I think I'll prefer to stick with the bonefide females myself though.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#15601478 - 01/01/12 02:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well update- leaving in 3 days! I'm so excited and a little nervous.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlinehuman experience
Stranger

#15601911 - 01/01/12 04:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:rocket: :goodluck: 
Have Fun in the "Land of Smiles" :buddha2:  :pinkelephant:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #15601921 - 01/01/12 04:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:

dont be scared, the trannies can smell the fear

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to Thailand in January! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15601937 - 01/01/12 04:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

nicechrisman said:

dont be scared, the trannies can smell the fear

LOL.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag