Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
drug myths
    #4595348 - 08/29/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok ok i know this has been covered a million and one times and im sorry for doing it again.

I'm basically looking for anything you have ever heard, be it from some uneducated "friend" (i heard mushies make your brain bleed, lsd stores in your spine and it can make you paralyzed one day, etc etc etc) or from the government (people who smoke weed are 1 million times more likely to commit a violent crime, etc etc etc).

if you just want to link another post or site go for it. I'm just trying to consolidate it all into one place for easier browsing, and possibly help some newbs learn the truth and not the propaganda.

thank you for your help

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: drug myths [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4595355 - 08/29/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you drink 2 LSD burnouts who think they are glasses of orange juice you are pyschiatrically insane in 17 states.

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: drug myths [Re: Noetical]
    #4595361 - 08/29/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Drugs are bad, biggest myth ever.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4595362 - 08/29/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There is no "dirty" LSD. If you get some alleged acid that is dirty feeling, then it is NOT LSD!! It is LSA, or some other crap that the dealer is trying to make bank off of. LSD has never been cut with strychnine to make it stick onto paper better, either. These are all myths.

Good Thread, btw.

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: drug myths [Re: blissedout]
    #4595369 - 08/29/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4595384 - 08/29/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That's a good one, too.

--------------------

:murray:

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: drug myths [Re: blissedout]
    #4595438 - 08/29/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

IF YOU DO LSD 7 TIMES, YOU GO INSANE. I believed that for awhile. Even a drug user once told me that. Now when the government has drug users believing their own propaganda...

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: drug myths [Re: bukkake]
    #4595450 - 08/29/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my all time favorite goes like this VERBATIM:

"MDMA eats holes into your brain, its true, i saw it on that special on MTV"

It still makes me laugh (and become a little scared) that people use/base MTV as an information source for drugs.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4595468 - 08/29/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The funniest thing about drug myths are that these people believe everything they hear by word of mouth then strongly back up these false ideas without doing any research to check out the claims.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4595477 - 08/29/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I had a brother of a friend (the brother has tried acid and wants to try ecstasy) remark to me that his brother thinks that ecstasy puts holes in your brain ("well not REAL holes, but holes...you know?") and that the reason you trip is because it makes your brain bleed.

I almost had a coronary from laughing. But when I presented him with the facts and even provided my research and sources to back my statements up, he pronounced that you just can't believe everything you see or hear or read. I find that really remarkable..that someone can be so closed off to an idea that they can't see that they themselves are believing something falsely from an unreliable source.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: drug myths [Re: dblaney]
    #4595491 - 08/29/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my idiot friend thinks blow puts a hole in ur brain:smirk: but its probly because hes damaged his brain so much with tweak. i try to explain to him that hes done to much meth but he still thinks its the coke

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: drug myths [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4595504 - 08/29/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe, yeah someone called meth "the crack of crack" which seems to be very fitting...I think it's one of those things that if I ever tried, I would only try once, just for the experience.

Coke certainly isn't great for you either...but not as bad as meth, :foshizzle:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: drug myths [Re: coda]
    #4595528 - 08/29/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
my all time favorite goes like this VERBATIM:

"MDMA eats holes into your brain, its true, i saw it on that special on MTV"

It still makes me laugh (and become a little scared) that people use/base MTV as an information source for drugs.

i actually saw that documentary on mtv... it was a pretty good documentary that showed both the good and bad sides of extacy... they had a group of people who used mdma in a therapeutic way and this one chick who suffered from brain damage... sadly i missed the beginning so i am not sure about that chick... the problem here was not the documentary, it was the interpretation of the person you were talking to... nowhere in that show they said that mdma ate a hole into someones brain... it is true that this chick had brain damage from the drug, and they showed a tomography depicting the damaged part... and it certainly looked like a hole, but it just showed the part of her brain that wasn't working anymore...

edit: ps: i was actually surprised to see such an informative and non-biased documentary about a drug on mtv

--------------------

Edited by In(di)go (08/29/05 03:47 PM)

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: drug myths [Re: In(di)go]
    #4595536 - 08/29/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

bad lsd contains stryctnine is a good one or if you take more then 7 hits of acid you are considered mentally insane.

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4595537 - 08/29/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^^^ see you're SORT of right with that statement. The problem is the people who did the show did not emphasize the fact that the girl was a HEAVY POLY drug user. The damage done to her brain was the result of YEARS of drug abuse, not use.

Yes i know the scan shows inactive/"dead" parts of her brain. But the thing is people didnt gain the right information from it, which is, using multiple chemcials in high doses cause damage to your brain. Instead the think that eating a pill will cause actual holes in your brain. It sounds funny, but people honestly believe thats what will happen.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: drug myths [Re: coda]
    #4595551 - 08/29/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Yes i know the scan shows inactive/"dead" parts of her brain. But the thing is people didnt gain the right information from it, which is, using multiple chemcials in high doses cause damage to your brain. Instead the think that eating a pill will cause actual holes in your brain. It sounds funny, but people honestly believe thats what will happen.

exactly... i know that prolonged abuse mdma causes brain damage... as i said i missed the beginning of the docu so i didnt get the background check on what exactly happened to this chick...

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4595587 - 08/29/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yah, i think we're both saying the same things using different words. Basically the actual documentary was DECENT (i wouldnt call it eye opening, or reccomend everyone watch it), but people misconstrued the information presented. I think that sucks even more, it makes it harder to convince people of the truth when they misinterpret info from a doctor.

--------------------

-JG

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4595618 - 08/29/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

In(di)go said:

exactly... i know that prolonged abuse mdma causes brain damage...

I dunno if this is relevant to what you guys are talking about (didn't read the whole thread), but here's my experience with mdma/brain damage:

When I was 16, I had (and still have) chronic migraines. As part of the testing involved in finding their source, I was given an MRI scan of my brain. It was most un-revealing.

Shortly thereafter, I became heavily involved in drugs. I most abused many different types, but the most common were LSD, MDMA, various dissociatives (ketamine, pcp), and cocaine. Of course I did other drugs, and weed (if that counts). I used all of these solidly for the next few years, without ever cleaning up or taking a break.

Then, when I was 22, I was in a moderately serious car accident, and suffered a nasty concussion (it resulted in slurred speech, double vision, and lost co-ordination). I was told that another MRI would be required to fully assess the damage. I was most curious to see how different my brain would look after 6 years of serious drug abuse.

And.... to my surprise, it looked exactly the same! There was absolutely no indication of lost brain mass, lesions, or any other sort of damage. The concussion was visible, but there was nothing else physically different about my brain.

I don't know what this says about MDMA and brain damage; it's just my experience with the two.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: drug myths [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4595676 - 08/29/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sorry i should have said "prolonged mdma use CAN cause brain damage"...

and coda: yeah it is pretty depressing when people are so set in their opinions that they will twist and bend facts their way just to make them match their ideas...

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: drug myths [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4595687 - 08/29/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^^ yah i mean you may have gotten lucky with that, or maybe you just didnt do enough to cause serious brain damage. MDMA is known to cause changes with how the synapses interact with each other and what not. So its a known fact that taking MDMA does alter your brain, whats not known is if its a good/bad/neutral thing.

But, at the same time, you must realize that cocktailing, abusing, and/or overusing wont cause you lose brain MASS. What it does is just effectively kill off certain areas of your brain leaving "holes". So you, brain would still weigh/look the same, it would just have lots of dead spots.

Come to think of it, im not sure and MRI would show these things. I could be wrong, but if an MRI wont show these dead areas then your scan would look the same or at least very similiar to the one you had when you were younger.

--------------------

-JG

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder