Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineheadset
Stranger
take down the system
    #4580213 - 08/25/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

(promted by the rave taken down by swat thread)

The thing isnt to try and institute power over the established control mechanisms, thats faulty logic. One power, either way creates some sort of "standard" which some of us will disagree with. I find that there's total freedom if one exercises responsibility and pure heart.

What does it matter if they are there - we can do what we want, to live outside their system within the(our) city limits.

yes, legal raves suck, and corporate festivals suck.

dont bitch, dont plan. act - steal back from the government, pull reciept scams, have parties in the woods, make your own visuals, generators/power systems, make your own music, wear weird clothes, salvage waste. Provoke thought, dont fall into presumed ways. express yourself and your discontent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: take down the system [Re: headset]
    #4580223 - 08/25/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:mad: Damn the man

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4580234 - 08/25/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Going against the grain will not change the system alone. You must use your perspective to create things that will change other perspectives. Just being "different" is a statement, but not an imperative.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: take down the system [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4582088 - 08/25/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Going against the grain will not change the system alone. You must use your perspective to create things that will change other perspectives. Just being "different" is a statement, but not an imperative.

No one's going to change the system by protesting, or falling prey to the patriot act.

Being a conscious consumer (what you buy, and what you use, and how you use it.), and being conscious in general will change the system more than a rally or violent protest.

I was just at superstore and learned that julia roberts wants to adopt more babies and how to get a date in highschool and how ashlee simpson does her hair and that teen magazine has 24 pages of ads before the glossery. I see all these pricks on cell phones, completely disconnected jibber jabbering about stupid shit, driving raised trucks with gas at 1.20 per litre..

and i see people getting busted for drugs, and girls getting raped at parties, and my parents trying so hard to make their nest a paradise on earth because the rest of the world is fucked...

but there's good people, and good things and i can do whatever the fuck i want.

I find it hard to accept any ideology behind direct action besides living your life.

id like to hear the alternatives to creating every oppurtunity one could possibly want, and not hurting people.

ya know?

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4582099 - 08/25/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I was in no way talking about violence and protest.

Without getting into it at the time cause I didn't have the brainpower for it (neither do I fully want to now) I guess I was just talking art. I believe powerful art that communicates truth about the interconnectedness of all life needs to come to the fore, and individuals need to take it upon themselves to not just try and express themselves, but what connects them to everyone.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: take down the system [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4582232 - 08/25/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, sorry for seeming argumentative.. i knew what you meant.

I see alot of intentional communities springing up and working quite successfully even if their is heirarchy or whatever flaws within. Its a sustaining and enriching alternative to the system.

I see life as a style of art - of course.. im misinterperted alot on first impressions. As is life.. i have fun.

it seems when i was doing lots of drugs i lost the ability to be able to express myself in this manner.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4582450 - 08/25/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A receipt scam steals back from the government in what way?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: take down the system [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4582953 - 08/26/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i never said it did.

my friend scams hundreds of dollars and free computer equipment from futureshop, eats free all the time, and gets free minutes on his phone and shit off the internet..

from dumpstering receipts.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4582977 - 08/26/05 02:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I forced myself to have to live outside the system
I believe that I am still trying to find my way.. my direction
But I am on a mission.

The system can exist on its own and I will not intervene unless purposely brought inside of it. Otherwise I will just live my life how I choose, without hurting anyone, give love freely, help where I am needed.. and not allow myself to be manipulated.

--------------------

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: take down the system [Re: Shroomism]
    #4582985 - 08/26/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

exactly.

do you exploit or use the system or live independantly alongside?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4583004 - 08/26/05 02:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have been known to exploit the system when needed, but my current status is living independently alongside of it.

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4583007 - 08/26/05 02:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

exploit the system?

the system exploits you

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: take down the system [Re: faslimy]
    #4583019 - 08/26/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

aye.. it does try very hard doesn't it?

but you don't have to be exploited. We have free will.

You can exploit it right back, if you're into that sort of thing.

--------------------

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: take down the system [Re: faslimy]
    #4583023 - 08/26/05 02:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

fuck the system and every single one of us. the only reason the system can exploit us it becuase we are born into it....we are forced into it......the system is ours to take control of or destroy...i say.....lets all get some hand guns and fucking have a little revolution......well maybe no a full blown civil war...but atleast some fucking home grown self defense where we don't let some fuckers run us down....so we can keep having fun with out the man and some fucked up terrorists getting in our way......
man i'm drunk!!!

dddddrrunk!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: take down the system [Re: MJF]
    #4583028 - 08/26/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

somehow I don't think guns are the answer.
live by the sword, die by the sword.

--------------------

Invisiblemarvoman
Re: take down the system [Re: Shroomism]
    #4583099 - 08/26/05 04:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good points in this thread, but I must say I had my debit card scammed by someone who got my details from one of my reciepts.

Whoever it was is a fucking wanker who stole the money I had saved for two years to take my girlfriend abroad. Bastard!

Scamming reciepts is not bringing down the system, it is downright fucking stealing.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: take down the system [Re: marvoman]
    #4583706 - 08/26/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, i would only scam corporate enterprise and never private business/citizen.

The idea of revolution is proposterous...

Im inclined to think of the Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia when i see everyone bitching about the state of the world.

Agree'd, it sucks.. but we've got total freedom (in general, dont be too obvious with your drugs and your all good too.) we have SO much oppurtunity above and beyond pretty much every other place in the world. Fine a simple society where morals and spirituality are priority would be wonderful, but its completely possible to live quite well off of others waste, its completely possible to be creative and develop an audience, create conscience, act conscience, reject what you disagree with, spread the word, have fun.. and fuck the system, by not playing.

Last year i moved into a punk house/hobo hotel in vancouver to get off coke and i damn well was not ready to handle the realization of people taking direct responsibility for their actions and lifestyle. I wrote them off as idealistic anarchists and blew my $1300 on luxury items quite quickly and never got anywhere but off coke....

Now im back to my hometown and moving into a cool communal house, but the kids arnt the same.. open minded yes - but still assimilated into the system and not very adept or motivated towards living outside it - just creating something manageable and happy within it.

Anyways, in retrospect i see the ALF kids as some of the most most amazing creative and motivated people ive ever met. College kids, travellers, idealists, activists, artists, musicians, writers, oppurtunists, squatters...

I think "this bike is a pipe bomb - it matters" sums it up:

Punk rock is dying or it's dead and we all know it. It doesnt make any sense arguing about it, and even if we did, that's it it would be is an arguement. It doesnt really matter. what really sucks it's that we're gonna let it happen, no one's afraid of becoming stagnant or stale anymore. It doesnt really matter. Turn off your TV. Start a and. Start a zine. why dont you get out of your car, get on your bike, cook you own food? Steal back from the government. go around naked one day. Build something. Paint, draw, doodle, write, read, anything. Please, for your own sake, dont become stale or boring, we're not invincible anymore. Generation X mentality is being shoved down our throat, would you believe you let it down your throat?

remember ride a bike and have a potluck to discuss options of subverting society.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4583742 - 08/26/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

LAME take this shit to an anarchist website you theif.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (08/26/05 11:44 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: take down the system [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4583764 - 08/26/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbdown:

The Shroomery is open for virtually all topics.
Why don't you take that flame to a flaming website you flamer :smirk:

--------------------

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: take down the system [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4583769 - 08/26/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have no plan on taking down the system. Ill just take advantage of it.

Your either using or being used. No?

I guess your ideals represent the community quantum. See ya at the NORML rally?

Cheers.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order