Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

What to do about constantly wanting to be high?
    #4556986 - 08/19/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I just can't really seem to go more than a few days without feeling the itch to get high. It's partially because I have way too much free time but even during school I'd like to smoke up fairly frequently and sometimes go to class high.

But I just don't like the paranoia and legal risks associated with mary.... and I can't think of anything safer to replace her with.... and I know that using anything every day can lead to dependence and make quitting somewhat difficult.

I just get bored, and doing nothing is more fun when you're high than sober.... and being high just enhances everything so interestingly......

So I don't really know what to do here. I mean, sometimes I meditate and that's all well and good, but meditating doesn't make me feel as altered as drugs do.

I lucid dream, and that's all well and good, but you can only stay asleep and in dream so long.

It's just I have an addictive personality, psychologically wise.... I just want to be .... entertained, fascinated.... etc....

I cling to good things until they stop being good then cling to them anyway, it seems like.... but I don't have any interest in abusing addictive drugs.... so.

I don't know. I'm sure many of you are like this. The problem is I WANT to be high, I don't want to stay off drugs. But I think somehow wanting to be high frequently may be a problem.

When I'm away from pot often I can't stop thinking about it all day long and I get so enraged by the war on drugs to the point of depersonalization just going on and on in my head about how much I hate this country and it's anti-freedom ways, and how stupid everyone is and how fucked up it is to rot away in jail for posessing plants.

I don't have those kinds of thoughts about DXM... perhaps because it's legal and perhaps because I know it's dangerous.... I know I have easy and cheap access to it but have managed to refrain from doing it more than once a month.... so it's not really like I have a "drug problem" but I have the mindset of an addict, I think.

I guess drugs fill my social void too.... but the only thing better than socializing is socializing while on drugs......

[oh and i've been off herb for a week to 2-3 weeks, depending on if very moderate oral highs that are barely noticeable count as using....]

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/19/05 10:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: leery11]
    #4556998 - 08/19/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Get away from the drugs and do normal things that don't require you to be high in order to enjoy yourself. Replace drugs with exercise, or a hobby that interests you. I've spent a long time chasing what you just described, and the best advice I can give you is that a sober lifestyle is truly where it's at. Being around people you like and making real memories, and not getting fucked up all the time, is the ultimate high.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4557548 - 08/20/05 01:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm, buy some acid.

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

#4557601 - 08/20/05 01:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HolyDiver said:
Get away from the drugs and do normal things that don't require you to be high in order to enjoy yourself. Replace drugs with exercise, or a hobby that interests you. I've spent a long time chasing what you just described, and the best advice I can give you is that a sober lifestyle is truly where it's at. Being around people you like and making real memories, and not getting fucked up all the time, is the ultimate high.

That's the ticket. It's bicycling and music for me.

--------------------
Manitou

OfflineScrewjack
The InvisibleMan

Loc: Underground
Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4557612 - 08/20/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you absolutely have to be altered, then try smoking a single bowl in a pipe or something, and limit it to that. Right before I quit, I found it's more or less the same as putting one foot in a freezing cold pool. You can be altered and still maintain. The best of both worlds. The paranoia is at a minimum, yet you still have that light marijuana-high-onset buzz. This method is often overlooked it seems, because, God forbid a pothead limit him or herself to a single bowl. It works I'm tellin' ya! Try it out.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4558267 - 08/20/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Holydiver said:
Get away from the drugs and do normal things that don't require you to be high in order to enjoy yourself.  Replace drugs with exercise, or a hobby that interests you.  I've spent a long time chasing what you just described, and the best advice I can give you is that a sober lifestyle is truly where it's at.  Being around people you like and making real memories, and not getting fucked up all the time, is the ultimate high.

listen to this, it's so true!!

still getting high once in a while is fun ofcoarse, just don't make it an everyday habit and follow the advice above :thumbup:

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: stefan]
    #4558472 - 08/20/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Daily exercise followed by proper nutrition.

--------------------

Offlinecraz3d
Stranger
    #4559006 - 08/20/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Spend time with friends. Not just any friends -- sober friends who know how to have fun without the weed :smile:

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: craz3d]
    #4560973 - 08/20/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Some recent circumstances have given me reason to seek

happiness through a means other than drugs and I have

found it in a very special girl who means the world to me.

Being loved and loving in return may be the ultimate high.

Good luck. 

:heart: :thumbup:

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4563966 - 08/21/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If all you care about is getting high, then like the other guys said, replace that activity with something more productive: a job, a girlfriend, a clan of (sober) friends you can chill with and do other activities with, that don't involve drugs obviously...and at the end of it, you will have succesfully completed a day of good ol' sober fun.

When I was working, I would work until my shift was over, go home do a bowl, then do whatever...socialize, listen to music, play music, whatever...it was definitely more enjoyable because of the herb, and I never got carried away because I was alwaus doing something else. That worked pretty well until I got laid off. Haha

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4564010 - 08/21/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Screwjack said:
If you absolutely have to be altered, then try smoking a single bowl in a pipe or something, and limit it to that. Right before I quit, I found it's more or less the same as putting one foot in a freezing cold pool. You can be altered and still maintain. The best of both worlds. The paranoia is at a minimum, yet you still have that light marijuana-high-onset buzz. This method is often overlooked it seems, because, God forbid a pothead limit him or herself to a single bowl. It works I'm tellin' ya! Try it out.

hell one bowl will get me full on tripping out and hallucinating visually... two thumbpinches gives me a light/moderate high from just schwagg....

the paranoia is just that i hate having to go out and get it and such.... and while i'm high i make up crazy paranoid scenarios that are not healty for me.

anyway, i like exercising WHILE on herb and it makes it so much more doable, i just don't like the paranoia.

so yeah. Sober mainly for the moment, I won't go out of my way to get hooked up but if a more comfortable hookup comes I may reaquaint myself with mary and take it easier.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #4569859 - 08/23/05 08:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

First you must look at yourself and your marijuana use objectively.
Why do you use marijuana?

It sounds like you may use it to escape the boredom of everyday life...
If so, and you hate the paranoia and such, I would recommend taking a single hit or so from a vaporizer when you get up or when you are bored. Screwjack is right about threshold marijuana doses, it's just that you may be more sensitive to marijuana.
One vaporizer hit, I find, lifts my spirits, boosts my energy and creativity, and enjoy life. It does not trigger any anxiety, paranoid delusion, or panic attacks for me.

When you smoke or vaporize just a little marijuana, then go out and engage in a enjoyable and productive activity. Go for a bike ride, or draw a picture, do some exercise or work. This can help reduce your dependence on pot to make life interesting, and help you realize that it is life that is interesting, and not the pot. :sun:

From there on, you can choose to gradually quit smoking, or continue to use marijuana in an occasional and healthy, non-dependent manner.

Peace, and best of luck.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What to do about constantly wanting to be high? [Re: TinTree]
    #4571649 - 08/23/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thanks.

I really would like to do that (i'm taking tai chi and ... i think a small high and some tai chi would mix beautifully) but again... i just kind of freak out at the thought of calling this guy up.

maybe it's good... maybe i'm not meant to get stuff from him anymore. I don't know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order